Author Topic: The Bert*Off  (Read 14299 times)

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
The Bert*Off
« on: February 08, 2013, 12:34:20 pm »
I know it's not DK related but I wanted to put this on the calender here to remind everyone to tune in and support George and Ed!

Best of luck guys!

http://www.twingalaxies.com/html/bertoff.html

Member for 11 Years DKF Founder Former CK World Record Holder - Arcade CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

Simpsons99

Re: The Bert*Off
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 01:24:45 pm »
this is how it all starts :o

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 01:46:01 pm »
No, this^ is how 'it' all starts... ;)

I'll be watching the marathon. I hope they both do extremely well!
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 09:49:39 am »
Wait, what? This is how what starts?
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Simpsons99

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 09:53:17 am »
posts about other games and events..

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 11:13:51 am »

Brian,

Contrary to what you have been posting here and on other forums, this forum wasn't created to "get away" from anyone. Anyone is welcome to join. Yes, even people who don't play DK.

I made this post to put the event on the calender and to make a place to offer support for Ed and George.  Nothing more.

If a post doesn't interest you, don't click on it. If there is another member whose posts you don't like, put them on your ignore list.

If you have a comment or suggestion for the forum,  there is an entire subforum just for that.
Member for 11 Years DKF Founder Former CK World Record Holder - Arcade CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 11:22:43 am »
I'm very happy that there is a good arcade alternative to CAGDC now, where it's about gaming again and not complaining all the time.

Long live the DK forum.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Simpsons99

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 12:38:14 pm »
I like  this being just a DK Fourms for DK players ..  But hey it's yours do what you want with it.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 01:01:03 pm »
Brian,

I think this forum will always remain overwhelmingly about DK. That's all that was wanted/needed in the first place, since the DK community has grown to be so large. It's not gonna turn into another CAGDC simply by by allowing people to mention other games and events related to them here or there -or, even if non-DK players register. There are already places to satisfy the need to talk about other games, so I don't think it will ever get out of hand or be a problem (not to say that talking about other games is actually a 'problem', per se, but you get what I mean).
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

JohnTheLawnMan

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 12:34:17 am »
Getting back to the Bert-Off; I'll be there on Friday streaming my live attempt at 2 milllion+ on TRON.  1.8 million is my current high.

It's gonna be a blast hanging out and playing at Richies.

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 04:17:48 am »
Getting back to the Bert-Off; I'll be there on Friday streaming my live attempt at 2 milllion+ on TRON.  1.8 million is my current high.

It's gonna be a blast hanging out and playing at Richies.

I shall be there too cheering on George, verifying a Tron attempt for John and playing Pole Position 2 a lot.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 10:48:59 am »
Awesome John! Good luck with your attempt!

JohnTheLawnMan

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 08:18:51 pm »
It's going to be very cool playing just feet away from George!

I told George a while back there was no way I was going to miss his next attempt at Richie's.  So to be there playing with him on my first live arcade submission attempt is going to be a day I'll always remember.

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2013, 03:35:52 am »
I think Richie and co. need to get a little more creative with the naming of these events.

You can't just call everything the "x" Off.

It started with the Frog Off, then came the Tron Off, then the Kong Off, the (planned) Pac Off, and now the Bert Off.

They need to differentiate this stuff a little, especially now that the Kong Off is coming into its own as a pretty significant recurring event.

Here, some freebies: The Tronament, The Pac-10, The Q*Bout, I don't know, the Berzerkathon? There's a million of em.

It really aint that hard!
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2013, 10:16:24 am »
George has officially started!

http://www.twitch.tv/richieknucklez