Author Topic: Rumored new 4 way joystick rule for all Nintendo cabs  (Read 16392 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: Rumored new 4 way joystick rule for all Nintendo cabs
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2013, 03:44:45 pm »

Stop arguing just to argue, its stupid.

Oh, there is a reason behind it.  I argue about this so that years down the line I can have a clear mindset if someone gets screwed over that I actually said something about it when the rule was instituted.  Of course I would probably expect you to respond to that with "Like I said, it's stupid."

Well you know you have done enough to stand up for something when Ken gets mad.  He's kind of like the line in the sand that lets you know if you have gone too far.

I said what I needed to say.  Peace out my brothers. I'll now go work on my reading skills in order to find a job. 8)
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

jammyyy

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2013, 06:01:00 am »
Wow a lot talk about the TG,s DK joystick rule. Far as I know the Rule was implemented in the recording rules for Donkey Kong alone sometime after 2007 (The King Of Kong).
There no real debate as to what DK cab’s where equip with just read the manual and look at the illustrations of the joystick and the part numbers, it’s all (4-Way).

« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 09:06:23 am by jammyyy »

Offline _Zaphod_

• Prime Сasual Dating True Females
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2013, 02:07:30 pm »
I'm sure that any arcade game that was originally 8 way will have 8 way allowed.

A number of arcade games, such as R-Type, for example, are in nintendo dedicated cabinets, and DO have 8 ways. this also includes the vs unisystem and vs dual system.  And apparently sky skipper as well.

But any game that had a dedicated cab with a 4 way needs to be played with the 4 way.  simple. :)

Offline Dustin(tiptop)Myers

• Awards
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2013, 05:49:08 pm »
Noone needs to 'speak up on the issue' as noone on here has any bearing on the rules at TG.

The 4 way mechanically limited Nintendo stick in and Nintendo game that is 4 way is a totally reasonable rule and will stay no matter how unhappy or unfair you think it is.

Know the rules and follow them. The rules that are unreasonable like the power supply rule are already dismissed in practice and after the Kong Off will be addressed officially. Rules that are reasonable like having a 4 way stick in a 4 way game will be staying k?  K.

-Ken

Makes sense as 4-way Nintendo sticks aren't too hard to find.  Not sure how easy it is to find the correct power supply.

Well I think they are pretty hard to find. I have been looking for an original and have not found one yet. Mikes Arcade use to sell a reproduction DK 4 way stick. I can't even get my hands on one of those. I could get a used 8 way and change the restrictor over to 4-way but that is still not the same joystick that came stock with Donkey Kong.
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2013, 06:34:01 pm »
They can be found, they are not cheap though. Last one I sold was $60.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Dustin(tiptop)Myers

• Awards
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2013, 07:53:10 pm »
They can be found, they are not cheap though. Last one I sold was $60.

Yeah, That's about what Mikes Arcade charged. I think the price of the repro 4-way was $65.
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline hooch66

• Personal Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2013, 09:20:33 am »
Place a wanted post on KLOV. I got a spare DK joystick on there for around $30 or so.

Noone needs to 'speak up on the issue' as noone on here has any bearing on the rules at TG.

The 4 way mechanically limited Nintendo stick in and Nintendo game that is 4 way is a totally reasonable rule and will stay no matter how unhappy or unfair you think it is.

Know the rules and follow them. The rules that are unreasonable like the power supply rule are already dismissed in practice and after the Kong Off will be addressed officially. Rules that are reasonable like having a 4 way stick in a 4 way game will be staying k?  K.

-Ken

Makes sense as 4-way Nintendo sticks aren't too hard to find.  Not sure how easy it is to find the correct power supply.

Well I think they are pretty hard to find. I have been looking for an original and have not found one yet. Mikes Arcade use to sell a reproduction DK 4 way stick. I can't even get my hands on one of those. I could get a used 8 way and change the restrictor over to 4-way but that is still not the same joystick that came stock with Donkey Kong.
Member for 11 Years Blogger

jammyyy

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2013, 12:58:30 pm »
Mikes Arcade is out stock on there repo nintendo sticks :(

Offline Jonesy

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2013, 01:20:29 pm »
Mikes Arcade is out stock on there repo nintendo sticks :(

He has been for quite some time. Apparently he's looking for a new fabricator to get more made.
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer