Author Topic: Is the King of Kong a work of Fiction or Non Fiction?  (Read 5046 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Is the King of Kong a work of Fiction or Non Fiction?
« on: October 15, 2013, 07:33:50 pm »
OK, my poll is for a very important reason.  The question should not be is if the King of Kong is a documentary or not, but if the King of Kong is a work of fiction or non fiction.  I believe there is wiggle room with these two options.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline John73

• Awards
Re: Is the King of Kong a work of Fiction or Non Fiction?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 07:38:52 pm »
Ignore my "fiction" vote - I meant "non fiction"

Yeah obviously there is stuff left out, everyone who has Goggled after watching it knows that, but to me the majority of is a work that you would describe as non-fiction - with certain (deemed important by many) facts left out, be it to make the film shorter or make the story line better for a purely entertainment point of view.
DK Mame 266K Level 8-6
CK Mame 559K Killscreen
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 07:23:09 am »
OK, my poll is for a very important reason.  The question should not be is if the King of Kong is a documentary or not, but if the King of Kong is a work of fiction or non fiction.  I believe there is wiggle room with these two options.

The film was based on a lie and conceived behind the scenes by the usual TG dirty back stabbing politics that made the company so famous in the past. How would you or anyone  call  KOK "non fiction"?

Here is the definition of "Fiction":

fic-tion (n)

1 An imaginative creation or a pretense that does not represent actuality but has been
invented.   i.e.  (such as the premise of Steve setting out to beat Billys 1982 score when it was already done a few years earlier by someone else)

2. The act of inventing such a creation or pretense.     i.e. (Such as the pretense of Steve setting out to beat Billys 1982 DK score when in reality it had already been done by someone else a few years prior)

3. A lie.      i.e. (Such as the base premise of Steve setting out to beat Billys 1982 DK score when in reality this was done by someone else 3 years prior)

4 A literary work whose content is produced by the imagination and is not necessarily based on fact.   i.e.  (Such as the premise of Steve setting out to beat Billys 1982 DK score)

5. Something untrue that is intentionally represented as true.    i.e. (Such as the premise of Steve setting out to beat Billys 1982 DK score when in reality it was done  a few years prior by some one else)

This is basic third grade, "crayola crayon" level simple and easy to understand.

KOK fits the definition  of fiction by all means.
Member for 10 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer Former DK World Record Holder - Arcade DK Killscreener

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 07:25:34 am »
Oh, but is it mainly fiction?  ;)  ;D

EDIT:

Here, this might help:

mainly [ˈmeɪnlɪ]
adv
1. for the most part; to the greatest extent; principally
2. strongly; very much
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 07:38:12 am by marinomitch13 »
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

V3rby

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 03:20:13 pm »
i think its "not fiction"

honestly, if you watch a documentary on tv about any kind of topic, for example a 60 minute doc about some animals or whatever, you can't expect to have every detail in it, its not a 10 hour movie, so they had to short it down.

only because they left out some stuff it doesn't mean its made up, u know?

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 05:20:58 pm »
i think its "not fiction"

honestly, if you watch a documentary on tv about any kind of topic, for example a 60 minute doc about some animals or whatever, you can't expect to have every detail in it, its not a 10 hour movie, so they had to short it down.

only because they left out some stuff it doesn't mean its made up, u know?

These docs you mention are also factually accurate and did not disenfrancjise someone else for some other benifit.  KOK literally lied  made up stuff that wasn't true. Steve took credit for my gaming accomplishment and TG that knew better  stood by and did nothing. I was purposely written out this is  the point. I don't know what else more I can do to prove it. The response from the most of gaming public which I thought would be outrage was just a "who gives a F%$K".......I was shocked. Guess this means that if your a TG insider you can lie and cheat or If you bring in movie money like Steve did you can just "buy" your way in.

Too bad the people at TG will never address this issue that they helped make a fraudulent gaming DOC and cheated someone out of a documented verified score.

I wish I could go to the Kong OFF because I'd tell Billy Walter and Steve to their face that they are con-artist and deserve none of the money they made.

Member for 10 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer Former DK World Record Holder - Arcade DK Killscreener

lakeman421

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 05:25:50 pm »

I wish I could go to the Kong OFF because I'd tell Billy Walter and Steve to their face that they are con-artist and deserve none of the money they made.
[/quote]

It's probably a good thing you won't go.  Such negativity and drama is not welcomed at the Kong Off.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 05:32:25 pm by lakeman421 »

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2013, 05:39:24 pm »

It's probably a good thing you won't go.  Such negativity and drama is not welcomed at the Kong Off.
[/quote]

Hey, I didn't cause any of it. They started it with their KOK scam. These people deliberately lied and cheated me out of an opportunity to make thousands (yes thou$and$") and I'm not supposed to get up set?  Wikipedia will not correct any of the false facts they give on the subject inspite of the proof and they paint me out to be lying and I'm not supposed to get upset?

corey.chambers

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 06:18:47 pm »
Tim, you don't need to prove anything to anyone. I don't think that there is anyone so deluded so as not to agree with you. That is not the point that is made by others in the forum. You are upset, and rightfully so due to an injustice that has occurred. Human beings, such as yourself, have intrinsic dignity and have the right to property, and it cuts to the core of our being when these basic rights are infringed upon. However, this is a wrong that has occurred to you and you will have to personally address it. Please don't interpret our inaction on your behalf as if we do not care about you or as if we do not acknowledge this infringement. At this point, it is 7 years later and no one can really do anything about what took place. You are free to contact Walter, or Steve, or Billy, but I think that you will only find more pain by doing this. It is very possible that there will be no one to offer you the kind of reparation or closer that you want and deserve. This means, that ultimately, it falls in your lap. It is a hard burden to carry, but I think there is another way forward than the methods you have tried so far.

lakeman421

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 02:41:27 am »

Hey, I didn't cause any of it. They started it with their KOK scam. These people deliberately lied and cheated me out of an opportunity to make thousands (yes thou$and$") and I'm not supposed to get up set?  Wikipedia will not correct any of the false facts they give on the subject inspite of the proof and they paint me out to be lying and I'm not supposed to get upset?
[/quote]
You didn't cause it, but you continue to keep it going.  Dwelling on it and bitching about it to the entire community isn't going to change anything. Just put it to rest and move on with your life.