Author Topic: L3+ Springs  (Read 6602 times)

Offline John73

• Awards
L3+ Springs
« on: October 15, 2013, 07:04:01 pm »
Sorry if this has been covered, I haven't come across a topic on this - but haven't looked real hard either....

Anyway, I noticed Hank completing the Spring stage like this on occasions and also noticed Corey do it when I watched him play a bit yesterday, so I thought I'd give it a go.

Basically, they're not running all the way right to the "safe" middle of the right elevator motor, which is how I've read how to do it, but rather running to just right of it, waiting for the long spring to sale over the top, before doubling back and straight up the ladder.

Is this a safe method?   And how are they doing this, I'd assume they are still watching the next spring that comes out, as a 2nd long spring will result in death this way.

I made a quick vid of me doing it (not as well as they do, but it worked)   

I've tried, and tried and tried, I just can not make get the timing down taking my eyes off Jumpman/Mario and watching the next spring that comes out - I'm hoping there is something in this method that is possibly easier.

http://www.twitch.tv/mrbumpnjump/c/3090861
DK Mame 266K Level 8-6
CK Mame 559K Killscreen
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

hchien

Re: L3+ Springs
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 07:21:05 pm »
Yes you can do this on all spring levels.  It's basically the same method but you're going a spring earlier.  If while running left you notice the spring is a long one you can do this.  And yes you still need to watch the next spring on L3 and L4+.  L2 I believe you can go regardless of the next spring (so far I haven't died at least and I've played L2 springs a lot of times).

Honestly though trying to add an extra 100 here and there is not worth it until you're going for scores above 1.1M. 

Offline John73

• Awards
Re: L3+ Springs
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2013, 07:32:58 pm »
Cheers Hank

I wasn't actually trying to add 100 to my score, I was just looking for an easier method, or a method I feel more comfortable with, to consistently complete the L3+ springs.

And yeah, I've save stated the springs, and practiced and practiced - I get to the stage where I can do it no problems, but in a real game I just tense up.  Actually I don't die that often to be fair, but I seem spend the majority of my game from L5+ thinking "that f*#king spring stage is coming up again soon"

I guess I just need to keep practicing and trying to get down the looking at the next spring thing while running towards the ladder - maybe my eyes are too close together or two far apart and it's my genes causing me to not be able to do it.
DK Mame 266K Level 8-6
CK Mame 559K Killscreen
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer