Author Topic: What is a "Documentary"? What is its legal definition?  (Read 37037 times)

Zetherman

Re: What is a "Documentary"? What is its legal definition?
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2013, 08:02:29 pm »
i for one enjoy tim's posts

lakeman421

« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2013, 11:15:47 pm »
I would like to know more about Tim's side of the story, because I am sure he has a lot of interesting things to say.  That being said, if he actually told his side of the story instead of being passive-agressive and hating on the directors and the people in the film, I would actually take what he says more seriously.  The Doc is mainly focused on two guys going head to head.  Honestly if there was a third guy, I don't think it would have turned out well.  It was a Good vs Evil story between a kind family man who was down on his luck up against a man who has everything and comes off as arrogant and manipulative.  A third main character would have made the plot more disorganized and harder to follow confusing the viewers.  The directors did what they thought would make a great story and they succeeded.  If Tim wants to blog or post about his side of the story a lot of us would love to read it as long as he would just tell the story and quit hating on others so much.

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2013, 03:46:48 am »
I agree with Robbie. I prefer someone who's informative and opiniated, instead of a person that is just passive-agressive.
1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2013, 06:16:54 am »
I think the term "Passive Aggressive" is a wrong term to apply to Tim.  The guy has definitely been super outspoken about how he feels about a situation.   Passive Aggressive is the "Say one thing do another".  For instance a husband asks his wife if he can go for a night on the town with the boys.  The wife says "Sure whatever".   When the husband comes home he finds the door to their bedroom locked, and a pillow, and blanket on the coach.   Now that would be "Passive Aggressive."

Edit:

In this corner on the post directly to my bottom is Tim "Mary quite contrary" Sczerby!   On the post four posts down is Ken "Quite the Scoundrl" House!  This is sure to be the battle of gargantuan smack downs.  Gentlemen, let's get ready to rumble!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 11:06:44 am by homerwannabee »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2013, 06:41:59 am »
What exactly are you looking for here?  Financial compensation? A reshoot and rerelease of KOK so you can be included?  A pity party?  Sorry to say, but I don't think any of those are going to happen.

We get your point.  We got your point the first 50 times.  I understand you're passionate about this, and that's ok.  I'm sure there are even others who see your side of things, but sounding like a broken record isn't helping your cause and certainly not gaining you any new converts.  You just start sounding (more) bitter and (more) vindictive.

Yeah, it sucks being marginalized, but you realize this happened, what, 7 years ago?  If nothing has changed since then, what makes you think beating it to death will make a difference?  What do you hope to accomplish?

When the gaming officials lie and cheat you out of a chance to earn ten grand then let me know.
Who wouldn't be bitter? Of course the crooks aren't going to rectify thier wrong doing.
This should show what little character these guys have.

Yet every year they have a festival called a kong off where Steve and Billy are heros....inspite of their treachery.

This is the equivalent of having a banking convention where Bernie Madoff and Jon Corzine are guest of honor. Its really a big joke!    Of course Walter will be creeping around in a black and white stripe shirt. It would be more appropriate if water wore a black and white shirt with the stripes oriented in a horizontal fashion.

Their used to be a time in this dying country of ameriKa when people who stood up for themselves when they were in the right were considered heros and when justification was proven people rallied behind them.

Now amerika has devolved into a pathetic, apathetic ,morally and financially bankrupt, war mongering  joke.

As for the new commers to s this whole DK thing don't think for a minute that you will ever take priority over Billy or steve. Those that do  not understand history are doomed to repeat  it.
This whole thread:

« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 07:37:03 am by Mary McManus »
Member for 10 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK World Record Holder - Arcade

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2013, 07:33:35 am »
I would like to know more about Tim's side of the story, because I am sure he has a lot of interesting things to say. 

Theres a real DOC from Dwayne Richards called King f Con that touches on the subject.

That being said, if he actually told his side of the story instead of being passive-agressive and hating on the directors and the people in the film, I would actually take what he says more seriously.

I've tried illustrating the facts nobody cares about facts they simply want to be entertained.

The Doc is mainly focused on two guys going head to head.  Honestly if there was a third guy, I don't think it would have turned out well.  It was a Good vs Evil story between a kind family man who was down on his luck up against a man who has everything and comes off as arrogant and manipulative.

Yes, this was the "story" and not the documented facts reguarding the games scoring history or who actually beat the original record first.
With this said, look up  the legal definition of was a documentary is. I guess the "story" was entertaining  but probably could've used a vampire or zombie though

A third main character would have made the plot more disorganized and harder to follow confusing the viewers. 

The point I'm  making is that as far as documented facts went, there was no need for a third character I agree, either Steve or Billy  never should've been used.

Steve did not set out to beat billys old score he set out to beat mine or from the other narrative I originaly set out to beat billys old score      not steve. So from what ever direction one wants to approach  the narrative, I fit in during this time period

The directors did what they thought would make a great story and they succeeded.

Yes great "story", but why is my psyche assaulted every time I see this made up story refered to as a "documentary" again look the legal definition  I provided.

If Tim wants to blog or post about his side of the story a lot of us would love to read it as long as he would just tell the story and quit hating on others so much.

When one is intentionally cheated out of a chance to make ten grand off of subject material that was systematically stolen from them, yes I think people are going to hate and be bitter, and with good reason.

The classic arcade gaming  scene........where friend is another word for fool :/
Member for 10 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK World Record Holder - Arcade

Fast Eddie

« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2013, 08:14:58 am »
hey Tim, Billy Mitchell gave you a shout out at the first Kong Off...thats got to count for something!  ;)

8)

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2013, 08:53:45 am »
Learn how to use the 'quote' feature you fucking moron. Its bad enough you pollute the forum with your cry baby bullshit but then you make it even worse by fucking up the quotes every time you use them.

There is no 'LEGAL' definition of 'Documentary'. You quoted the dictionary definition.

You have been told MANY times why you were left out of the movie, you just dont believe it. There is nothing compelling or entertaining about you, your score or your part in the history of Donkey Kong. There you have it.

-Ken
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

lakeman421

« Reply #53 on: October 14, 2013, 09:34:30 am »
Learn how to use the 'quote' feature you fucking moron. Its bad enough you pollute the forum with your cry baby bullshit but then you make it even worse by fucking up the quotes every time you use them.

There is no 'LEGAL' definition of 'Documentary'. You quoted the dictionary definition.

You have been told MANY times why you were left out of the movie, you just dont believe it. There is nothing compelling or entertaining about you, your score or your part in the history of Donkey Kong. There you have it.

-Ken

Tim I think it's time to call it quits.  You don't want to get in a trolling match with Ken.  Trust me on this.

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #54 on: October 14, 2013, 10:37:40 am »

Ken, I realize all those hours in front of a  dig dug machine  at the "Kencade"  have obviously caused you serious brain damage. Don't worry, I understand. So I will say it  real slow.

....................dictionaries.......are ................considered..............legal ...........reference...............material..............in .......a................ court........of.........law.

I was told my score was never verified....Trust me everyone knows this was a lie.....so Ken your wasting your time arguing this point

I suggest you get  your head  and brains some place other than a did dug screen and emerge from the "Kencade" on a fact finding mission before you interject an imbecilic comment like you just did.

-Ken

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2013, 10:45:53 am »
Say it as slow as you need to, because its in the dictionary does not make it a 'legal definition'. Legal definitions are defined by statue, administrative rule or prescient NOT by the dictionary DUMBSHIT.

Maybe you should do a little fact checking before you go posting stupid made up shit like that.

-Ken

PS, you fucked up the quote again. Maybe you should spend a little time researching how that feature works.

-Ken
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 10:48:42 am by Scoundrl »
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

corey.chambers

« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2013, 10:50:34 am »
lol, you did not just say that to Ken.  :o Dude, you post this question with a personal agenda, and argue with anyone who does not agree with that agenda. I agree with Ken that you are polluting the forum and twisting its purpose. You have allowed this stuff to poison your soul and now you want us to suffer for it too. You are the only person who is perpetuating this anger and suffering... did we learn nothing from Star Wars  8) If I were the moderator of this section I would have deleted your stuff a long time ago. And I propose that we cleanse this forum of this stuff for the sake of our new and upcoming members. For too long has our recent post section been flooded with this stuff. Please, vote.  ;D

lakeman421

« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2013, 11:02:11 am »
Say it as slow as you need to, because its in the dictionary does not make it a 'legal definition'. Legal definitions are defined by statue, administrative rule or prescient NOT by the dictionary DUMBSHIT.

Maybe you should do a little fact checking before you go posting stupid made up shit like that.

-Ken

PS, you fucked up the quote again. Maybe you should spend a little time researching how that feature works.

-Ken

Don't say I didnt warn you Tim.  And remember to start typing your part after where it says quote on the bottom.  It's even more annoying to read your bullshit.

corky

« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2013, 11:05:41 am »
Tim, you didn't answer my question.  What would it take for you to feel that the wrong done to you has been rectified?  A reshoot of KOK?  $10,000?  Everyone in the CAG community to show up at the doorstep of the creators of KOK with torches and pitchforks demanding justice?  You spend a lot of time on here complaining, but you're not offering any solutions, just vitriol.

And I don't think anyone is here to try to take priority over Billy or Steve.  We are here to HAVE FUN.  Something you probably did once upon a time.

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2013, 11:11:58 am »

-Ken

-Ken
[/quote

I already have. perhaps you can  explain how KOK is a documentary based on facts?

I have news for you "administrative rule" goes far beyond what TG thinks it is.

Don't say I didnt warn you Tim.  And remember to start typing your part after where it says quote on the bottom.  It's even more annoying to read your bullshit.

And your naive idiocy makes me angry as well.

I love your responses............really, as name calling and changing the subject  is the last defense of a weak argument.