Author Topic: What is a "Documentary"? What is its legal definition?  (Read 36860 times)

James Bradley

Re: What is a "Documentary"? What is its legal definition?
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2013, 09:52:25 am »
Not trying to start anything but if you're saying that you think no one would have the balls to go and talk to Walter an Billy then why post this in the first place? I doubt that even if someone did go over to them they would give the same response they did to you and Dwayne.

The KoK film is know outdated by other documentaries and even if the producers of the film listened and got your name out there I don't think you will get recognition like Steve did anyway, although I do think what they did was wrong and you should have been included in the film in the first place.

Online TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2013, 09:56:59 am »
If I was this upset about being shunned regarding something I worked hard to achieve years ago, rather than posting on forums about how wronged I was, I'd instead note how much interest Donkey Kong has generated since the movie came out and how much it carries still and use that time more constructively, namely, playing to break the current arcade WR.  Then again, I'm a bit of a poser CAG player and have imposed a sort of temporary hiatus on myself from gaming so what do I know....
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 09:58:34 am by pwnasaurus »
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline up2ng

• Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2013, 11:09:56 am »
That's actually a pretty cool timeline.  I hope that link doesn't get buried too deeply in these forums and I hope that website doesn't suddenly disappear.  Have people copied and saved the text from that site?  I was aware of most of these details, but to see it all layed out in order like that is helpful.

Donkey Kong:  1,206,800  Kill Screen
Donkey Kong:  898,600     16-5
D2K:                 380,200     L=9
Donkey Kong Junior:  In Progress
Member for 11 Years DK 1.2M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Wildcard Rematch Champion Blogger Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK 1.1M Point Scorer Individual Board Record Holder DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK World Record Holder - MAME Twitch Streamer

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2013, 01:12:28 pm »
If I was this upset about being shunned regarding something I worked hard to achieve years ago, rather than posting on forums about how wronged I was, I'd instead note how much interest Donkey Kong has generated since the movie came out and how much it carries still and use that time more constructively, namely, playing to break the current arcade WR.  Then again, I'm a bit of a poser CAG player and have imposed a sort of temporary hiatus on myself from gaming so what do I know....

Putting words in my mouth to frame the narrative "you" want others to believe" is pretty juvenile.

You say my time on this topic should be spent more constructively like trying to beat the current record? Well I did beat the record 13 years ago and look what happened. Fine you want to rub elbows at these events and think people like Steve, Billy and Walter Day are your buddies, go ahead and live in denial. 

As far as the poser comment I will definately beat "you" this weekend thats a 100% promise and I still have got my controll panel set right.
Member for 10 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer Former DK World Record Holder - Arcade DK Killscreener

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2013, 01:49:32 pm »
What KoK did to spark interest back in CAG is unprecidented. Peopel like me who were there back in the day came back to it, 30 years olds and 20 years, and some teens now have an interest in it.

I do have one question Tim, what did Steve Wiebe actually do to you?

What did he do!?.....he and his movie pals deliberately lied  re-wrote the games scoring history to favor themselves and made a nicle tiddy penny doing it. Is this not obvious?

Even if the producers intentionally left out your 895K score,

879,200 to be exact

what was Wiebe's crime?

His crime......mabye its not on the books but a whole hell of a lot of it isn't like what has to do with right and wrong

He told a friend what happened to him, his friend told the producer, and the story started getting documented from there.

No, the story was documented starting in 1982 when billy set the record.

Even if Steve played a few games on DDK before he knew all the rules, the gameplay is pretty much the same. He just was trying to get his score recognized. 

As a new commer I can understand this as the rules reguarding DK weren't as stringent at the time

EDIT: OK, so I do see one thing since your last post. In Kok, when steve said he lost his job he went to a computer and typed ina score for DK world Record and it said Billy Mitchell 872K and he said "Hey, I can beat that", why he didn't find your score or acknowledge it. So I gotcha, peace.

You "got" nothing, and let me explain how you"got nothing". You've watched that stupid KOK  movie too many times. Please explain this, at what point in time  did steve  look to see what the high score was? I have some news for you, my score from 8/16/2000 is still TO THIS DAY recorded on the TG site.

There is a specific reason I did not submit any more games.................and that was to keep my initial score registed and on display.
 For those with critical thinking, they can easily piece the time line together. I suggest you put down the crack pipe, stop drinking the flouride and stop taking the vaccines, aspertame and GMO.

Soon just being able to tie ones own shoelaces will be considered an act of deep critical thinking here in ameriKa.

So let me ask this just when was it that Steve sat down and viewed the TG score board for the first time? Gotch ya!
Member for 10 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer Former DK World Record Holder - Arcade DK Killscreener

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2013, 01:51:22 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pw1QTGamo4

Steve wasn't lying when he said he saw 874k as the score to beat. This interview is in 2004 and he mentions around 13:30 that around 5 years earlier he looked up the world record. King of Kong is just edited in a way not consistent with the context of the interviews, I don't that its Steve's fault

Well I guess I had beaten him to it then didn't I?

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2013, 01:52:28 pm »
OK, I gotcha.    Is this a documentary despite the fact that it does not include you in the film?   Yep, it is, because it is based on facts.  Just not all the facts.  I have a question for you.  Say you had the directors hat for King of Kong.  How exactly would you put yourself into that film?

You got shit! and I believe I already explained why.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2013, 02:20:35 pm »
Hey, Tim, you know this is like the 4th time you've ranted in a thread, right?

Just figured I'd let you know, so you don't end up repeating yourself.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

corky

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2013, 02:27:00 pm »
Hey, Tim, you know this is like the 4th time you've ranted in a thread, right?

Just figured I'd let you know, so you don't end up repeating yourself.

Not cool, mitch. Ranting is the first step to recovery, and we need to embrace that. Tim, I just want you to get better (and not end up like Mr. Awesome). Here's to a speedy acceptance and recovery!

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2013, 02:32:58 pm »
OK, I gotcha.    Is this a documentary despite the fact that it does not include you in the film?   Yep, it is, because it is based on facts.  Just not all the facts.  I have a question for you.  Say you had the directors hat for King of Kong.  How exactly would you put yourself into that film?

You do realize that this is the second time you have responded to this exact post?  The responses have been completely different each time. 
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2013, 02:43:56 pm »

You do realize that this is the second time you have responded to this exact post?  The responses have been completely different each time.

Really, point out the differences

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2013, 02:45:45 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pw1QTGamo4

Steve wasn't lying when he said he saw 874k as the score to beat. This interview is in 2004 and he mentions around 13:30 that around 5 years earlier he looked up the world record. King of Kong is just edited in a way not consistent with the context of the interviews, I don't that its Steve's fault

But wait a minute I thought billy had a higher score and THAT was the score Steve was trying to beat
;) so goes one of the arguments listed here

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2013, 02:47:59 pm »
Tim, have you ever read this timeline of events for the DK record? I don't know who documented it, but what is the deal with RTM's quote regarding your tape. Stuff like this could be the info that was fed to the producers that no tape existed at the time. EVen though it shows yours being official by 2001.

http://superbunker.com/resources/dkt/

I'm sure some "Wiebie-Head" put this together as it is bull plop my score was never verified.

Just more lies and another CYA on behalf of TG.

I still have the tape!

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2013, 03:00:41 pm »
RTM was never a Wiebe-head, he was actually a Billy defender and anti-KoK for years after the release, it was him that said that about your tape. I know you have the tape, but did TG ever have the tape? That's what RTM's quote was saying:

Robert Mruczek states (August 24, 2007) that he does not know who verified this score, when the score was entered, or who entered it. Regarding the tape itself, Mruczek states: “no mention of this even being on tape has come across my level of attention.”

And earlier when I said "Gotcha ya" , I was saying "got you" because I was agreeing with you. Steve sat down in 2003 when he looked up the score, he had to see your name, but once it was determined they were not going to mention your score, they obviously must have told Steve Wiebe to say Billy Mitchell's 874K score, because that fit the flow of the story. Probably made Steve uncomfortable to state it that way, but those producers can be intimidating during filming I'm sure.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 03:05:46 pm by LMDAVE »
Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2013, 03:09:47 pm »
RTM was never a Wiebe-head, he was actually a Billy defender and anti-KoK for years after the release, it was him that said that about your tape. I know you have the tape, but did TG ever have the tape? That's what RTM's quote was saying:

Robert Mruczek states (August 24, 2007) that he does not know who verified this score, when the score was entered, or who entered it. Regarding the tape itself, Mruczek states: “no mention of this even being on tape has come across my level of attention.”

OK.then,  allow me to refresh everyones memory buy boradcasting this game via my justin TV channel.....later next week ..Dwayne Richards and others have seen it.

There were only 3 copies of this game ever made,  The first for TG that I'm sure"dissapeared" when the producers offered money contracts to the scabs at TG.

The second  I made for Dwayne Richards 5 years ago

The third I still have.

So when I show this game does this mean wikipedia will be corrected and I get the financial remuneration I deserve....

I offered to show this tape in 2009 to a number of people but they didn't care or were afraid of having their world of denial shattered.