Author Topic: Allen Staal scores 728,900 on Donkey Kong!  (Read 15624 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Allen Staal scores 728,900 on Donkey Kong!
« on: October 09, 2013, 05:22:44 am »
I felt this deserved it's own thread given the hard work Alan has put into this game.  728,900 is definitely a great score!  Congrats big time on that Allen!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 07:56:43 am by homerwannabee »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

V3rby

Re: Allen Staal scores 728,900 on Donkey Kong!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2013, 05:31:30 am »
Congratulations Allen!

Was this on stream? if so i surely missed some entertainment ;)

Keep up the good work!

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2013, 06:08:36 am »

Congratulations, Allen!

In the words of Carl Spackler (Bill Murray's character in "Caddyshack"):

"Oh, he's gotta be pleased wid dat!"

The killscreen is surely coming.  Its arrival will spark a great day (week? month?) of celebration within the DK community.

I have a lampshade, not worn in more than 25 years, set aside for the occasion.   8)

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline mikegmi2

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 06:46:51 am »
Allen mate congrats, big score!  KS coming up soon...
Donkey Kong - 1,076,000 (arcade, KS)
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2013, 07:00:57 am »
Kongrats Allen mate, BIG BIG BIG
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

hchien

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2013, 07:51:25 am »
WOW!  Yer buddy.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2013, 07:52:52 am »
Allen, you're my hero. You also have a higher score than me in DK (at least until this weekend! ;) )!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 07:56:00 am by marinomitch13 »
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2013, 08:46:38 am »
Allen, you're my hero. You also have a higher score than me in DK (at least until this weekend! ;) )!

I bet that considering your score and Donkey Kong goals at the beginning of the year, and also taking into account me, Allen Staal, and Brian Allen's scores at the beginning of the year that never in your wildest imagination would you foresee a scenario where you would be behind all three of us score wise on October 9th.  The turtles truly have past up the hare!

Also one more thing about Allen's score.  I know it's not a killscreen, but I do feel this is the watershed moment for him.  He now really is within striking distance of the killscreen.  He passed up the official Brian Kuh score as well.  I believe that if you can get past that score you are a legit player.  There is something about the 700k mark that goes into the territory of a heavyweight score.  There will still be a few people who say that's not a good score, but the vast majority of Donkey Kong players have to give credit where credit is due. 

One last note.  Allen Staal by his personality, and his constant dedication has long ago belonged in the fraternity of serious Donkey Kong players, but now I believe his score alone is enough to be part of the brotherhood of serious players.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Rick Fothergill

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2013, 08:51:53 am »
Way to go Allen.  Here's hoping that elusive KS is soon to come.  Best wishes on behalf of Canada.

Munteanfo

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2013, 09:02:02 am »
That's what happens when you believe in the weave! So happy for you Allen mate. Dean Saglio is nothing compared to you! (... well... that might be a LITTLE bit exaggerated, but still!  ;) )

(It's Vincent btw, fking hell, wrong account, wht da)

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2013, 09:13:22 am »
I bet that considering your score and Donkey Kong goals at the beginning of the year, and also taking into account me, Allen Staal, and Brian Allen's scores at the beginning of the year that never in your wildest imagination would you foresee a scenario where you would be behind all three of us score wise on October 9th.

It's funny that you should say that. About 6 months ago I realized that I'd be really indifferent about my HS until maybe you, Brian, or Allen passed me. Now it's the case that all of three of you have passed me, so I'm really gonna push it to another level! Catch me if you can! ;) Muahaha!  ;D
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

hchien

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2013, 09:18:40 am »
(It's Vincent btw, fking hell, wrong account, wht da)

Lemay just pulled a Chien... Posting from the wrong account.

Allen can I get a Skype interview with you tonight?

corey.chambers

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2013, 09:20:36 am »
Very impressive Allen! In watching some our your games I can see the insight that is required to do this at times, so I knew that you had at least a vague notion of what needs to be done to safely traverse the boards.  Keep it up and you will hit that killscreen. I don't think I will forget about your score but be sure to highlight your stream and post in the score submissions thread. I am very excited for you, Allen. You must be floored. :D

Offline tudose

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2013, 12:57:08 pm »
allen MATE fkkkkkk I LOVE IT. yyyyyy australian time. i was asleep, mate. ill catch your KS tho if it means i never fall asleep again. yer buddy
Member for 11 Years Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Winner of a community event DK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2013, 01:03:07 pm »
good game
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer