Author Topic: Dean's 1.2 million score is probably going to be ignored by the media  (Read 30026 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
I hate to say it, but I have a feeling that the powers that be are going to be ignoring Dean Saglio's 1.2 million.   The reasons being is that I think the powers that be have an axe to grind.  It's too bad that possibly the score of the century may just get ignored due to politics.  Maybe there can be attention, but I do think it's going to take this community to due all they can to constantly nag those in charge to get this press attention.  Just sayin'.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

corey.chambers

Re: Dean's 1.2 million score is probably going to be ignored by the media
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 05:04:16 pm »
Dean has all our respect and I am sure we will do all that we can to promote his achievement. We will do at least this much.

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 05:17:20 pm »
Wouldn't be the first time the "powers that be" lied and downplayed a score so one of the inside cronies could profit. I knew it would take time but people are waking up to the fact that the whole "donkey Kong thing" is for Billy and Steve and always WILL BE.

UnFortunately the backing of the DK forum is NO Match for Seth Gordon, his slimey lawers and these spoiled rich kid Hollywood punks and their so-call "expert" gaming historians" and "expert panesl"

Sure Dean might get some recognition beyond the scope of this forum, however if theres money to be made off something like this,  Billy and steve will be cashing in.............walter will always be in tow for that quick buck as well..and the story will go like this "Deans score was NEVER VERIFIED and constantly disputed".............then when the checks have cleared DeaN WILL GET THE CREDIT AND NOTHING ELSE! Sad but true as this is the Motis Operendi

My advice to Dean is send this score directly to Guniess and then have it notorized and registered as intellectual property and classified as a historical achievement by some other place other than TG (I wish I did this 13 years ago)

The gaming public will
Member for 10 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer Former DK World Record Holder - Arcade DK Killscreener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2013, 05:24:16 pm »
Wouldn't be the first time the "powers that be" lied and downplayed a score so one of the inside cronies could profit. I knew it would take time but people are waking up to the fact that the whole "donkey Kong thing" is for Billy and Steve and always WILL BE.

Tim, here is the thing.  I don't think Billy or Steve will ever have even the Donkey Kong Arcade world record again (In fact I don't think either one will even have the Donkey Kong Junior Arcade record again).  Billy's rumored high score as you may know is lower than Hank's, Vincent's, and now Ross Benzinger's.    There are just too many really, really good players who are focusing on this game now.   In my opinion these two are now just figure heads for Donkey Kong.  They rule Donkey Kong as much as the Queen of England rules her country.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 05:25:52 pm by homerwannabee »

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2013, 05:30:06 pm »
I know that if Dean cared about the "fame", he would buy an arcade machine and get a score on it. But Dean only care about getting a high score on Donkey Kong and only care about the community knowing it. Dean plays for the right reason: To be the best!  ;)
1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2013, 05:38:16 pm »
I know that if Dean cared about the "fame", he would buy an arcade machine and get a score on it. But Dean only care about getting a high score on Donkey Kong and only care about the community knowing it. Dean plays for the right reason: To be the best!  ;)

This goes beyond Dean's score Vincent.   In my mind this is a slight on the whole Donkey Kong playing community, and not just a slight on Dean.

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 06:38:52 pm »
I know that if Dean cared about the "fame", he would buy an arcade machine and get a score on it.

I don't even think a new arcade world record by a new name would do much these days either. Imagine if Ross got a few extra smashes the other night. I doubt he would have gotten any major networks involved..maybe...who knows for sure, but I just don't see it. I do still think it's pretty wild that Hank has had the arcade WR for this long...that's a pretty big accomplishment given the number of major players that have advanced in the last 3 years.
Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2013, 07:06:53 pm »
I guarantee if Billy or Steve had done this, it would be on CNN soon if not by now.

Seth Gordon, The fat Hollywood gastropod that "claims" to be a documentarian would even now be covering all the angles  to see who they can omit, what  TG officials to bribe, who will go along with the fake story and to sweep as much info under the rug that may conflict with whatever narrative they want the idiot public to believe..after all this would interfere whith their profits.

Looking forward to Man Vs. Snake ( Good thing Steve didn't play Nibbler or  Tim Mcveys score would've disappeared somehow)

However, it grieves me Billy and Walter are in it as well which almost destroys for me what sounds like an interesting human interest story.
Member for 10 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer Former DK World Record Holder - Arcade DK Killscreener

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2013, 07:25:19 pm »
I guarantee if Billy or Steve had done this, it would be on CNN soon if not by now.

Seth Gordon, The fat Hollywood gastropod that "claims" to be a documentarian would even now be covering all the angles  to see who they can omit, what  TG officials to bribe, who will go along with the fake story and to sweep as much info under the rug that may conflict with whatever narrative they want the idiot public to believe..after all this would interfere whith their profits.

Looking forward to Man Vs. Snake ( Good thing Steve didn't play Nibbler or  Tim Mcveys score would've disappeared somehow)

However, it grieves me Billy and Walter are in it as well which almost destroys for me what sounds like an interesting human interest story.

I definitely understand your feeling on that, Tim. But personally, I don't see any way to hate, or even dislike Steve Wiebe. But again, things that happened to you didn't happen to me, so I understand your point of view.

The fame will always go to Billy and Steve (for the most part of it), but I'm fine with that.

I think that Hank was the person that has gotten/and will ever get that much exposure (after Billy and Steve), mainly due to the fact that he's a plastic surgeon. But again, Hank being the champion definitely gives a wrong image of the DK community: Not everyone are genius people, some people like myself are meathead and proud to be!  ;D
1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

giv

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2013, 07:36:46 pm »
Actually I think if Ross had topped the arcade record there would have been some mainstream attention on it. Dean's score, however, is a MAME score.

The Nibbler story is fun. There's a scene where they re-created the 'Ironman competition' where Tim won. I played Jeff Peters, or whoever the qbert guy was, and Richie plays Vollandt on Joust, and our good friend Freeko plays young Tim.

I thought it was funny that I play the guy who got beat by Tim, considering I am the guy to beat nowadays:)

Simpsons99

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2013, 07:46:03 pm »
Dean has gotten a lot of Interviews  and Press for his Donkey Kong Scores.
The only reason I do not see him getting major Interviews..    He just upped his High score not to long ago?

Another factor he is not on Facebook Twitter and other sites ..   That's a major factor in Putting someone over with there Events and scores .

I can see Cat doing an interview with Dean.

Richie would have him on his web show..   That seems like something of the past..

giv

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2013, 08:08:05 pm »
Arcade Culture: the days of future past

hchien

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2013, 08:17:33 pm »
While this is true, you should ask yourself why is this relevant?  Does anyone here play games for mainstream media attention?   I think most people here care to get recognized by the community but I'm also pretty sure that not many people would care for media attention.  You don't get paid for any of these interviews (well I did get paid a trivial amount for one), but if you're playing for mainstream attention you're playing the wrong game.

Offline Mary McManus

• Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2013, 08:20:23 pm »

Tim, here is the thing.  I don't think Billy or Steve will ever have even the Donkey Kong Arcade world record again (In fact I don't think either one will even have the Donkey Kong Junior Arcade record again).  Billy's rumored high score as you may know is lower than Hank's, Vincent's, and now Ross Benzinger's.    There are just too many really, really good players who are focusing on this game now.   In my opinion these two are now just figure heads for Donkey Kong.  They rule Donkey Kong as much as the Queen of England rules her country.

I think you're right............however Billy nor Steve need not to have the record,......... they have something more powerfull than a dated and  documented world record achievement........what is this? Connections,  Special interest and media whores like Steve Wiebies movie pals Seth Gastropod .....er...... I mean Gordon and Ed Cuntingham...er.......... I mean Cunningham.

Neither Bill nor Steve had the record on DK from 8/17/2000 thru 2003.

Yet a  fictional film was made a few years latter and if you weren't an insider or a spoiled yuppie punk with connections in the film business it didn't matter who else had the high score or when.

Hell even Steve Saunders got in on the act and scored himself 5 figure deal....from Gordans fraud DOC........This is someone I could beat on the game when I was 11 years old..and as far as DK history went, Steve Saunders only lied about his score in 82 and never had the record and not only that but couldn't even play the game that well.
 So Steve Saunders gets over $10000 for being a crook and a liar and friend of Billy (no wonder he became a lawyer) and I got nothing when I actually had the high score and could, still to this day, prove it with the video on 8/16/2000............OH wait Steve Wiebies movie pals.(there such nice guys remember)  said That My score was constantly disputed and impossible to verify and they tried several times to reach me. This was also a  prefabricated lie...............Walter was in on the scam as he knew better and so did many others.............then when the KOK was completed, the deals signed, checks cashed and done deal, only "then" do these people find me......yea to see what I knew at the time and to cover their own asses...................I'm telling you Billy Steve, Walter are not to be trusted in any possible financial gains that may result from a high score being exploited..............I'm sure Rick Fothergill would also agree.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 08:34:20 am by JCHarrist »

giv

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2013, 08:22:56 pm »
You want mainstream attention, you better play The Glob.

:)