Author Topic: Donkey Kong Online Open: Kong Off 3 Wild Card Qualifier #3  (Read 11478 times)

Offline tessler1134

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Donkey Kong Online Open: Kong Off 3 Wild Card Qualifier #3
« on: August 20, 2013, 08:57:10 am »
Donkey Kong Online Open: Kong Off 3 Wild Card Qualifier #3

Start Time: October 11, 2013 9:00 PM Pacific Time
End Time: October 13, 2013  9:00 PM Pacific time (48 hours)
Entry Fee: FREE! (and open to all players!)

IMPORTANT: This is your last chance to qualify for one of the eight pre-qualification spots for the KO 3 Wildcard Division on Saturday, November 16, 2013!

The remaining eight Wildcard Division spots will given to the top eight scores from the live qualifying round at the 1UP on Friday, November 15, 2013.

Prizes
- $250 for the 1st place submitted validated score
- $100 for the 2nd place submitted validated score
- $50 for the 3rd place submitted validated score
NOTE: As per the rules outlined below, the following players cannot win prize money for 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in this tournament: Dean Saglio, Phil Tudose, Jeff Wolfe, Jon Mckinnell, Steve WiltShire and Ben Falls.

Bounties
- $50 for the first player to reach 800,000 points on their first jump man
- $50 for the first 1 million+ point game submission for someone who has never reached 1 million points in any previous DK game ever played
- $25 for the first 1.1 million+ point game submission, open to all players
- $50 for the player who completes the most boards on their first jump man
- $50 mystery bounty #1!
- $50 mystery bounty #2!
NOTE: Prizes and bounties might change in the future

The current rankings for the contest will be posted on the Donkey Kong Forum (http://www.donkeykongforum.net/). The rankings will be updated periodically throughout the duration of the contest.

IMPORTANT: The rules for the contest are laid out below. Please read through all of the rules carefully. Due to the anticipated large number of score submissions, John and Eric have the right to immediately reject any score submission if these rules are not followed as outlined below. ***NO EXCEPTIONS***

KO 3 Top 8 Qualifiers so far: not including anyone in the TG ranked top 12
1. Phil Tudose: 1,051,600
2. Jon Mckinnell: 1,019,800
3. Ben Falls: 1,012,700
4. Eric Tessler: 966,000
5. Corey Chambers: 964,500
6. David McCrary: 934,000
7. Chris Psaros: 893,100
8. Robbie Lakeman: 851,300

NOTE: Jeff Wolfe recently submitted a score that will make it into the TG top 12 (score will be TG-verified shortly).
NOTE: This list does not take into account who is going to the KO 3. After the last qualifier event once we know who is going we will publish the final list.
NOTE: John Salter will never make this list   8)  Because he has been training to break one of the most epic classic gaming records of all time: TRON  Which will be done at the 1UP starting at 1:00PM on Thursday, November 14th.
NOTE: Yes John Salter will be playing TRON, but I don't think he is very good at that game   ;D

Registration
- Any contestant may now register for this contest, it is open to any person on this planet that plays Donkey Kong !!!
- All registrations must be received prior to the start time of the competition.
- In order to register, simply click on the following link and submit your information: https://donkeykongforum.net/tournaments/registration.php

Stream Setup
- All contestants are required to stream their games on twitch.tv or Justin.tv. (NO EXEPTIONS FOR ANY REASON).
- Contestants are solely responsible for setting up their stream.  Eric Tessler and John Salter will not be involved in any contestant’s stream setup for any reason.
- Contestants may enlist the help of anyone except Eric Tessler and John Salter to setup their stream.
- Contestant’s stream quality must be sharp enough to read the level and score at a glance (as well as the rest of the game play).  If there is ANY question of score and level due to bad quality stream, that submission will be rejected, instantly, with no exceptions. We suggest that you test your streams and check them from time to time to make sure they are working correctly.
- Streams which are partial, glitchy, edited or manipulated in any way will be rejected.
- Streams must be available for review on the contestants registered twitch.tv channel.  If for ANY reason the stream is not available for review on the contestant’s registered twitch.tv channel, the submission will be rejected.  NO EXCEPTIONS.

Game Submissions
- In order to submit a score, simply click on the following link: https://donkeykongforum.net/tournaments/scoresubmission.php
- Contestant is solely responsible for submitting their own scores.
- DK arcade or DK MAME (US set 1) can both be used for score submissions (must use TG settings of 3 lives and a bonus life at 7000 points).
- Score submissions can be for any non-zero score.
- At the start of EACH new stream, contestant must state their full name (you no longer have to state your name before every single game).
- The entire game must be played only by the registered contestant who is identified at the beginning of the game.
- Bounties
   * Contestant is solely responsible for specifying which bounty they want to claim when they submit a score.
   * A contestant can only be paid for a maximum of 1 bounty for any one contest.
   * If a submitted game qualifies for more than 1 bounty, the contestant is solely responsible for specifying which bounty they are claiming and they can only claim a single bounty (and the refs will consider only the specified bounty for the score submission). For example, if I have a game where I am the first to a million points and a kill screen, I claim the million point bounty and the kill screen bounty remains open for other contestants to claim.
   * If a contestant tries to claim a bounty however is not awarded that bounty for some reason (i.e., they were incorrect about the bounty or another contestant's score submission invalidates their bounty claim), the contestant may try to claim another bounty on one of their next score submissions.
   * Bounties are considered in the order in which the score submissions are received.
   * Please remember that the bounty system was introduced for fun and to spread around some extra money to the contestants. Any disputes over the bounties will be settled accordingly by Eric/John.
- If any player is at Eric's or John’s house on the day of the contest, they may use our DK arcade machine for the tournament and we will act as a referee (as such, they do not need to submit their score via email, but the game will still be broadcasted on twitch.tv for everyone to see).
- Eric and John will be validating all scores and reserve the right to reject any score for any reason.
- Games started before the official contest start time (no matter how close to the official contest start time) will not be eligible.
- Games started after the official contest end time (no matter how close to the official contest end time) will not be eligible.
- Last game can be started any time before the official contest end time (no matter how close to the official contest end time).
- Scores can be submitted up until 4 hours past the official contest end time.

Prize Payouts
- Prize money will be issued in the exact amount stated, ONLY to the registered contestant.
- Prize money will be sent via PayPal or sent via U.S. post in the form of a registered money order, or check ONLY to the registered contestant.
- If the contestant rejects the prize acceptance guidelines, listed above, or chooses not to accept the prize, that money will be added to the next contest purse.
- Once a contestant wins prize money in a tournament (bounties are not included), they cannot win any more prize money for the following 2 tournaments (after the next 2 tournaments, that player will once again be allowed to win some prize money). This will allow different people to have a chance at winning some prize money.
   - The following players cannot win prize money for 1st, 2nd or 3rd place in this tournament: Dean Saglio, Phil Tudose, Jeff Wolfe

Clarifications
- Kill screen: In order to qualify for a kill screen on 22-1, we must be able to see the jump man death that is caused by the kill screen itself (dying any other way will not count).

Closing Remarks
- Please remember, at the end of the day, this is for fun and to keep the community together.  Anyone who does not follow the rules, cheats, etc, will be removed from the contest, and possibly banded from all future contests.
- These guidelines can be changed at any time because Eric and John are in charge and are on a total power trip.
- Get practicing and good luck to all contestants 
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 09:10:59 pm by tessler1134 »
Eric Tessler

DK personal best arcade: 966,000 (kill screen, 133 minutes)
DK arcade, KO 2: 900,500 (kill screen, 113 minutes)
DK arcade no hammer: 369,000
Crazy Kong arcade kill screen: 562,000
DK 3 arcade: hard: 1,111,600; easy: 1,640,000
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
Re: Donkey Kong Online Open: Kong Off 3 Wild Card Qualifier #3
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 11:00:20 am »
Oh yeah signed up!
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline Martin Laing

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 04:50:57 pm »
Does the last game need to be completed before end time or does it have to start before the end time?
1st New Zealander to achieve a kill screen
Donkey Kong (MAME Points) - 1026800 (Kill Screen)
Donkey Kong (MAME No Hammer) - 282700
Donkey Kong (MAME Lvl 1-1) - 11000
Far Cry 2 is the best game
Member for 10 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 05:18:06 pm »
Does the last game need to be completed before end time or does it have to start before the end time?

Martin, the game must be started before the official end time (i.e., last coin drop).

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Martin Laing

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 12:53:02 pm »
OK, so just looked at a time zone converter, I think time in NZ will be 5pm Saturday till 5pm Monday. Will have to make the most of the Saturday and Sunday night I think. Won't get any time on Monday unless I fall ill.
1st New Zealander to achieve a kill screen
Donkey Kong (MAME Points) - 1026800 (Kill Screen)
Donkey Kong (MAME No Hammer) - 282700
Donkey Kong (MAME Lvl 1-1) - 11000
Far Cry 2 is the best game
Member for 10 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline John73

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2013, 01:02:28 am »
Hoping the Twitch playback works better than the live feeds of late, the quality on some feeds has been absolutely terrible.   I'm playing via Mame, so I'll have a Wolf INP anyway but what about arcade players?

Looking forward to this, I haven't played much in the last 12 months but hoping to at least post 200K, not come dead last and possibly get my first ever 300k game.   Good luck everyone.
DK Mame 266K Level 8-6
CK Mame 559K Killscreen
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2013, 08:51:54 am »
A day and a half away from the final qualifier!

7 players who have played or will play in the WCQs are already in the TG top 12. (Hank, Ross, Jeff W x 2, Dean, Steve Wiltshire, Mike)

4 players who currently have a top 8 WCQ score have indicated they may not be at the KO3 or will not take a WC spot. (Phil, Jon, Ben, Tim)

The current "low" score for the remaining top 8 WCQs is 688,600 (Danman).

Of the remaining players who have played or will play (based on the registrations as of this moment), there are 25 players who have a PB at or above 688,600. Based on Chris' "Are You Going to the Kong Off 3?" thread, there are 3 players with a strong chance of not attending the KO3 (Martin, Brian, George), and 2 who are "on the fence" (Corey, Scott).

Assuming a scenario in which those 5 WCQ players do not attend the KO3, that leaves 20 players who have PBs above the current #8 WC spot.

I'm not sure if this information helps anybody, but I found it interesting.

I'm going to predict that the final WC spot will be below 800,000. I'll make an exact prediction of 764,100.  8)
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2013, 09:07:04 am »
I'm going to predict that the final WC spot will be below 800,000. I'll make an exact prediction of 764,100.  8)

Too low.  I'm going with 768,400 as my guesstimate.

Hopefully, I'll be bidding on the final showcase, unless it includes patio furniture (for which I have absolutely no use).  In that scenario, it's all yours, Jeremy.   ;)

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2013, 09:11:06 am »

Too low.  I'm going with 768,400 as my guesstimate.

Hopefully, I'll be bidding on the final showcase, unless it includes patio furniture (for which I have no use).  In that scenario, it's all yours, Jeremy.   ;)

Hmmm. Well, if you go over than I win my showcase anyway. If I'm within 250 I win both showcases. Actually, make that 200.  ;D
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Svavar

• Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2013, 09:46:08 am »
Am I allowed to play on a multi-pcb?
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2013, 12:18:10 pm »
I think the final spot will be 865k. There are lots of people that will be KSing, I'm sure.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

hchien

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2013, 04:47:20 pm »

"- DK arcade or DK MAME (US set 1) can both be used for score submissions (must use TG settings of 3 lives and a bonus life at 7000 points)."

Unfortunately this looks like a no.  You could always play on MAME but I suspect you're more comfortable on a joystick.

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2013, 06:29:38 pm »

"- DK arcade or DK MAME (US set 1) can both be used for score submissions (must use TG settings of 3 lives and a bonus life at 7000 points)."

Unfortunately this looks like a no.  You could always play on MAME but I suspect you're more comfortable on a joystick.

Svavar has played in previous Wildcard tournaments with the multi-board and even had his 1 million score accepted here.

I can't speak for Eric and John , but I don't see any reason why he shouldn't be able to participate with it.
Member for 11 Years DKF Founder Former CK World Record Holder - Arcade CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

Offline Svavar

• Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2013, 05:44:13 am »
Which version of MAME should be used is not specified so isn't the multi-pcb technically just another version of MAME? I do play on the US set 1 settings
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

hchien

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2013, 06:44:34 am »
Which version of MAME should be used is not specified so isn't the multi-pcb technically just another version of MAME? I do play on the US set 1 settings

I believe you can use any version.  But you should probably play on 0.106 because that is the TG standard and also in case you need to submit the .inp, it would make it easier for the refs if everyone was using the same version.

I believe multicades are different from MAME.

MAME uses original software run on software emulated hardware.

Multicades (I think) use original software run on unoriginal hardware.