Author Topic: Cabinet Maintenance Question  (Read 7651 times)

MrDontsMildRide

Re: Cabinet Maintenance Question
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2013, 12:48:30 pm »
Manhattan scoreboard blitz!!!!!!   Who's in?

I'm in!

They are opening in the next few months.  They had some delays along the way.  Ironically Barcade Brooklyn is easier for me to get to.

I work across the street from a NJ Transit stop, how far from Penn Station?  If walking distance that would be the easiest of all 4 for me to get to as I wouldn't have to drive it or take any subways either.

I'm in too, there is going to be a sit down M.A.C.H. 3 machine and I've been itching to play again since they took the stand up one out of Jersey City.

It's going to be about 10 blocks from Penn Station. 24th between 6th and 7th (also one block from 23rd street path). My office is right down the street.

hchien

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2013, 12:54:43 pm »
I work across the street from a NJ Transit stop, how far from Penn Station?  If walking distance that would be the easiest of all 4 for me to get to as I wouldn't have to drive it or take any subways either.

I don't know the exact location of the new Barcade, but it will be in Chelsea (20's on the west side), so definitely walking distance (Penn Station is 33rd/West side).

Is NJ Transit same as the PATH train?  I think there's a PATH stop on 23rd... that would be ultra close.

Edit: Found it: http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20130110/chelsea/new-barcade-outpost-serve-pub-grub-with-classic-video-games

24th St. between 6th/7th Ave.  so about a 10 minute walk from Penn Station.  Actually that's (long) walking distance from my apt... maybe 25 min walk.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 01:05:03 pm by hchien »

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2013, 12:56:28 pm »
NJ Transit is different from the PATH train.  10 blocks isn't bad though, provided it's not 22 degrees out.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2013, 12:57:03 pm »
Manhattan scoreboard blitz!!!!!!   Who's in?

I'm in!

They are opening in the next few months.  They had some delays along the way.  Ironically Barcade Brooklyn is easier for me to get to.

I'm in too, there is going to be a sit down M.A.C.H. 3 machine and I've been itching to play again since they took the stand up one out of Jersey City.

It's going to be about 10 blocks from Penn Station. 24th between 6th and 7th (also one block from 23rd street path). My office is right down the street.

Nice.  Thank you for the info.  Seems like a fine walk.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

MrDontsMildRide

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2013, 06:55:33 pm »
I know everyone's been on the edge of their seats all day about this, so I thought I'd update. I was able to fix via hot wiring. Cut the wire on the male and female connectors, managed to get a little slack and then spliced them together with a screw on connector.

I am a little embarrassed that as a just about 30 year old man that I was not able to sort this out without running to the internet about it, but all's well that ends well. I think I was concerned about staying as original as true to the originality of the machine as I could, but I really just want to play.

Offline mikegmi2

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2013, 05:46:41 am »
It's understandable.  I woulda probably asked someone first too.  You don't want to start cutting wires and stuff if you don't have to, but in this case, unless you could find one of those pins, or another harness...hotwiring the 2 wires together was the best/easiest fix.
Donkey Kong - 1,076,000 (arcade, KS)
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer