Author Topic: Original DK pcb in a DK3 cab  (Read 2778 times)

Offline Svavar

• Awards
Original DK pcb in a DK3 cab
« on: August 01, 2013, 05:38:52 am »
I am wondering if a score set on an original DK pcb installed in an original DK3 cabinet would be eligible for submission to Twin Galaxies. Can anyone help me shed light on this?
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Online homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: Original DK pcb in a DK3 cab
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 06:00:09 am »
I am wondering if a score set on an original DK pcb installed in an original DK3 cabinet would be eligible for submission to Twin Galaxies. Can anyone help me shed light on this?

Most likely your "original DK3 cab" is actually an original Donkey Kong cab.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

hchien

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 06:13:05 am »
I'm pretty sure this is acceptable.  As long as the PCB, joystick and power supply are original you should be OK.

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 07:12:09 am »
Yes, It would be acceptable.

-Ken
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

corey.chambers

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 07:20:52 am »
I wonder if TG will ever change their original power supply policy, and also allow additional credits on the cab? Even having factory stickers is not proof, though I do see that it could be a deterrent perhaps.

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 08:04:14 am »
I would just like to see it be treated like every other classic game.  If I hooked up a JAMMA harness to an original Rally-X PCB and got the WR it would still be verified as such.  I understand DK is the most popular competitive classic gaming title but I mean really....
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

giv

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 08:11:00 am »
You know I've been wondering about the TG ref situation. Think it is about time there was a big conference call with all the refs, get things like the DK submission rules sorted out. Steve and Ken, Boyer and Nelson, Richie and me, who else are refs at this point? We should be able to have simple majority votes to set the rules. I mean it's long overdue.

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 08:19:59 am »
I don't think Billy vs Steve damage control is needed anymore, I think the sooner it's treated like any other arcade submission, the better.  We have a new champion and a host of new challengers since the KoK and finger pointing. 
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Fast Eddie

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 10:01:22 am »
yeah would be great to see the old rules officially binned, i think at least one of the recent dk scores was verified without following them...but i noticed the DK recording rules page is finally working again and its showing the old rules...

8)