Author Topic: Webcam  (Read 13717 times)

The Butcher

Webcam
« on: July 08, 2013, 04:39:21 pm »
What's the best webcam under $50 to stream online with an arcade machine?

The one I have now is not in HD, has no zoom, etc. Worthless.

I was watching someone from here on twitch earlier using a machine and their cam was amazing. He couldn't remember which model it was but he said it was a logitech around $40.

corey.chambers

Re: Webcam
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 04:41:19 pm »
I personally use a logitech 930c Pro HD 1080p, but it was like $80.

Offline Phame

• Live Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 04:08:54 am »
Bro get the Logitec c920 its the best so far its cheap bro
Phame | Ky Staal
Member for 11 Years

The Butcher

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 11:32:37 am »
$80 is not cheap.

The Butcher

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 12:39:20 pm »

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 01:24:05 pm »
I have the microsoft life cam; the major benefit here is the adjustable mount that HAS A STANDARD camera tripod mounting screw hole.  It will fit any standard tripod, or any mount for that matter, assuming it has a standard camera mount screw (turn# and diameter).  Feel free to check some of my past broadcasts, the quality speaks for itself, IMO.

www.twitch.tv/f_symbols  (my offline photo shows my cab-cam setup)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 01:25:36 pm by f_symbols »
Member for 11 Years Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

The Butcher

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 01:34:25 pm »
Sold :-)

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 08:12:01 am »
I finally rearranged my playing areas to make it more conducive to streaming so now I'll be buying a webcam as opposed to my previous cell phone streaming debacles.

Do the above webcam suggestions still hold true in terms of best recommendations for purchase?
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013, 08:44:49 am »
I use the same cam Ethan uses. They work very well for streaming these games. I also have  a couple Logitech cams (a C910 and a C920) I think the quality of the video from the Logitech's is a little better but for ease of use the Microsoft cams get the nod and the video quality is more that good enough.

-Ken
Member for 11 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2013, 08:52:35 am »
I use the same cam Ethan uses. They work very well for streaming these games. I also have  a couple Logitech cams (a C910 and a C920) I think the quality of the video from the Logitech's is a little better but for ease of use the Microsoft cams get the nod and the video quality is more that good enough.

-Ken

Yer.  Ease of use is of utmost importance to me.  If I have to spend more than 15 minutes setting it up or adjusting it, it'll just get thrown into the corner of the house where technology goes to die.
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 09:11:06 am »
Yer.  Ease of use is of utmost importance to me.  If I have to spend more than 15 minutes setting it up or adjusting it, it'll just get thrown into the corner of the house where technology goes to die.

I'm familiar with that location.  The "gadget graveyard", if you will.   :(

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2013, 12:10:14 pm »
The gadget graveyard; reminds me of my sony Clie' LOL.  I'm not familiar with the logitech.  I know that the microsoft has a camera mount threaded-hole (this was my deciding factor).  The microsoft comes with a boatload of software stuff;  I turn off auto exposure, turn off auto focus, turn off auto white balance, and also turn off "true color".  It takes roughly 30 seconds to adjust my settings everytime i start my stream.  I have also noticed that as the camera warms up, the focus changes slightly, so after maybe 10 minutes its "warm". 
Member for 11 Years Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2013, 05:37:12 am »
I purchased the MS Lifecam model in Butcher's link above.  I'll follow Ethan's settings below and see how I do. 

Thanks All.