Author Topic: Kong Off 3 Wild Card Qualifier #1 and WCR #3 ***FINAL*** Results  (Read 38224 times)

cheetah33p

In response to this quote by Chris!  I finished 28th for this Wildcard my first time playing DK online!  So would that mean that I would actually qualify and would get to go to the Kong off 3 to play?  :-)

Yeah its Top 8 over all 3 tournaments SANS the Top 12 dedicated. I think 900k+ will be needed to be in for sure.

A basic kill screen might actually do the job, if even that. Maybe as low as 800K.

You have to think about a few things:

- The 12 players who are already out of the running (the top 12).
- Qualifiers who actually end up getting into the top 12 by the time of the KO3, thus freeing up a spot, and the player they pushed out not playing or qualifying in these tourneys. I'd say we have two already: Phil is now in the top 12 (or he damn well better be), and we all know Ben is gonna go bananas and get 1.1 or something by November.
- All the people who will technically qualify, but will NOT be going to Denver and are just playing these for fun. It's my understanding, for example, that Corey won't be at KO3.

Either way, even if you don't qualify in these tourneys and you have to start at the live qualifier on Friday at the KO3 itself, a whole lot of players (20 to be exact) will be "upstream" and out of your way, along with a bunch of other DK beasts who won't even make it to Denver. So the live qualifier will be quite a bit softer than the online qualifiers. And even *then* there are still 8 spots to move on to Saturday. That's a lot of spots.

Theoretically, you only have to be the 28th best DK player to get to Saturday, minus all the people who won't even be coming to Denver.

I'm actually really looking forward to the Friday match and seeing how it goes down. It's gonna be the mid-level guys' time to shine.

hchien

In response to this quote by Chris!  I finished 28th for this Wildcard my first time playing DK online!  So would that mean that I would actually qualify and would get to go to the Kong off 3 to play?  :-)

I think Chris meant 28th overall, not 28th in this WCR.

Top 12 +
Top 8 from the wildcard rematch tournaments +
Top 8 from Friday night DK deathmatch before KO3 = 28

move onto Saturday.

hchien

Re: Kong Off 3 Wild Card Qualifier #1 and WCR #3 ***FINAL*** Results
« Reply #77 on: June 24, 2013, 11:13:56 am »
First off, congrats to Dean and thanks to the organizers even though I wasn't able to participate.  Good to see a few PBs being set.

Mike G says that he'll submit his score, and if Phil submits his score (assuming Richie and Jourdan don't say "arcade only" and cause a riot/mutiny), it would put Dave in 12th, meaning that he is now on the chopping block.

If somebody beats Dave, and he doesn't improve between now and November, his 934K is a lock for one of the 8 pre-qualifier wildcards, so he now has insurance.

In other words, naysayers aside (even I was skeptical), the "open" format for this weekend's tournament actually fulfilled its purpose perfectly!

Yes, this was exactly why I was advocating an open WCR#3.  The bottom few spots (not just Dave) are NOT secure at all.  Think about how many players are not in the official top 12 that could easily qualify if they wanted to: Ben and Ross come to mind immediately.  Each person that qualifies means someone gets knocked out.  And then there are a bunch of up and coming players who are improving quickly... Corey, Svavar, etc. just to name a few.  I bet there will be a few surprises in the top 12 before Oct.

I remember Vince and I were discussing last year what the cutoff score would be for KO3.  At the time I said 1.03M and Vince said 1.05M.  I wonder who will be right.

Somebody better get in touch with Kyle Goewert...

On it.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: June 24, 2013, 04:25:10 pm »
Thanks for all your work, John and Eric!!! Another awesome event!
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline tessler1134

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: June 24, 2013, 06:51:32 pm »
Thanks everyone! Great tournament...very fun and I need more practice  :P

BTW, I corrected a few of the names, it was very late last night for me/John and we missed a few :) If there are any other names that are misspelled or incorrect, please let me know.

It will be interesting for the next one if we can get most of the other top 12 to play  :-\
Eric Tessler

DK personal best arcade: 966,000 (kill screen, 133 minutes)
DK arcade, KO 2: 900,500 (kill screen, 113 minutes)
DK arcade no hammer: 369,000
Crazy Kong arcade kill screen: 562,000
DK 3 arcade: hard: 1,111,600; easy: 1,640,000
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener

Offline syscrusher

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: June 24, 2013, 08:18:10 pm »
Great job, Eric and John!  Another great event!
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank C Winner of a community event Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener Former D2K World Record Holder Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener

ChrisJBenn

« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2013, 02:45:54 am »
This was really fun, and a great first tournament for me. Even though I didn't put up a PB, it was great just playing, and watching and being a part of it. Unexpectedly winning the mystery bounty was pretty great, too! Thanks Eric and John, I look forward to the next one!

acrjoey

« Reply #82 on: July 01, 2013, 11:43:12 am »
I just wanted to let you guys know how much fun the wildcard was for me. I am a new member and that was my 1st time streaming but I had a blast. I am really glad to have a reason to start playing donkey Kong again and find a community who is also passionate about it. I can't wait for the next streaming event and hopefully I can schedule off work for it. I have to say the wildcard was awesome even though my name got horribly butcherd on the scoreboard "seriously who is Erin drake? Half those letters are not even in my name  > ;D "

Drunkguy89

« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2013, 12:01:03 pm »
Erin..Hahaha :D

corey.chambers

« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2013, 03:42:42 pm »
Hi, Erin. Great score by the way. I manage the Donkey Kong High Score List and was wondering he you had an Arcade machine or if you were playing on WolfMAME and recorded your inp?

acrjoey

« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2013, 09:33:59 pm »
 :-\ please the name is aaron rounsaville  I don't know where that "erin drake" stuff came from and its a mame but I don't have any inp saved. I never record my games that way but I can start if its important. It wasn't required for the wildcard so I didn't mess with it just to much hassle to exit mame and start recording each game especially when I was rushing between work and twitch crashing.

corey.chambers

« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2013, 10:05:59 pm »
Yeah, I understand. Sorry about the name. Once you get used to recording your inp for the high score list it will only take about 5 seconds once you get used to it. Nice to meet you.