Author Topic: Track & Field Stuffs  (Read 48974 times)

Offline Fly

• Awards
Re: Track & Field Stuffs & Rush'n Attack
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2023, 09:43:41 pm »
Added 2 more 1st places to Caravan Modes.

Rush'n Attack

Cosmo Gang

Member for 10 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline Fly

• Awards
Re: Track & Field Stuffs and THPS2 Contest
« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2023, 05:40:07 pm »
Don't be confused.  This is a new article on an event I was at 23 years ago. It was the Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 BIG Score Competition.  The grand prize was $10,000.00. I added the .00 to make it look bigger.  ;D

I can answer more questions about the event if anyone has any. It's one of my favorite events I was in and I love talking and reminiscing about it.

https://retrogamingtings.substack.com/p/the-wildest-gaming-party-of-the-2000s?utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web

Offline Fly

• Awards
Re: Today I play DK
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2023, 05:12:00 am »
Later this morning I will play Donkey Kong on stream. Dude put up 10,000 channel points for your viewing pleasure.   FailFish

Offline Fly

• Awards
Re: Track & Field Stuffs & Excitebike Bouncy Bounce
« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2023, 08:57:21 am »
Some updates on what this T&F guy has been up to.

I got sucked back into NES Excitebike. I was doing full runs and Track 4 and 5 kept killing my runs.  I got tired of getting my ass kicked by them so I started practicing on them specifically to be more consistent on my full runs. That soon turned into a PB(WR improvement) on 4 and then a bigger PB(4th WR improvement). 47.26! 3.54 Seconds faster than #2.

Most of my grind was on Track 5. My PB was around 49 and usually got 55-60. I was a novice here.  I was aiming for consistent sub 50 for full runs. I got down to fairly easy 45s. That was about 2 seconds off the top spot, so I started to work on that. The cut from 44 down to 42 or even 43 was much more significant that I thought. I grinded for 1 month and finally got a mid 42. Just a tic away from #1. So, the grind continued, but the goal wasn't #1. It was now SUB 40. There is an unsubmitted run on another players YT. He got 39.95, but for whatever reason, he never submitted it. I think he only does full runs but knew this was significant and saved the clip.  After another month of 2-3 hours a day, I finally get sub 40! 39.45! Here's the thing....I hit mud just before the finish and ruined a shot at sub 39.  FailFish  NotLikeThis I couldn't stand the thought of someone copying my run MINUS the mud and beating me. Another month on Track 5 and I finally get a clean run. 38.86 is where the record stands. I'm done with this track. Your turn!  <thefinger>

I took my newly found knowledge and skills to track 2C Selection A and Selection B and lowered those a few times. I actually have a faster time than anybody else on Selection B (opponents on the track) than they have on Selection A (No opponents).

I've rambled long enough. Short compared to my grind. LOL!

Offline andrewg

• Awards
Re: Track & Field Stuffs
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2023, 11:03:25 am »
 BibleThump
There's a Kill Screen Coming Up!
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Dallas Taylor

• Awards
Re: Track & Field Stuffs
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2023, 12:45:06 pm »
Incredible Sir Hector, Knight of the dirt tracks, Duke of all "tracks." A true MAN among men.
Seriously man, great stuff!
Member for 4 Years DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer