Author Topic: Donkey Kong Wild Card Tournament Rematch #3  (Read 38994 times)

corey.chambers

Re: Donkey Kong Wild Card Tournament Rematch #3
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2013, 08:30:51 am »
John, I am presently using Flash Encoder with an $80 Logitech 920c pro HD 1080p. I will try to adjust settings to see if I can get the level to appear. The angle of the monitor is an issue. I tried different angles and was able to get a faint level to appear but it is not playable that way over a long period of time. I will see what I can come up with.

JohnTheLawnMan

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2013, 12:13:20 pm »
The key is to get the exposure correct.  Don't use "AUTO" for exposure, brightness or contrast.

1) Set exposure to one notch above where you see bad scan lines (usually "7" with most config utilities)
2) Set contrast to right before the black of the monitor starts lightening up.
3) Set brightness so light colors are not washed out.
4) Slightly tweak as needed.

Your on your own after that.

I'm not supposed to helping with webcam setup anyway...  But since this is for everyone, technically Eric can't yell at me.

Don't bother asking any webcam config questions.  I wont answer them.  I've said too much already...... :)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 08:34:51 pm by JohnTheLawnMan »

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2013, 08:28:49 pm »
John, I helped Corey a little this AM and his issue is the viewing angle for his monitor and cam more than exposure. We messed with it a bit and also tried to setup some screencap stuff.

I know you guys want to make sure the level is clearly visible but personally I would give Corey a pass for 'best effort' to get a quality stream. I would even go as far as say I would go back and verify the level count myself if it got him to be able to play and submit for the WCR.

-Ken
Member for 11 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

corey.chambers

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2013, 10:52:06 pm »
Thanks for the support and help Ken! I actually just bought a new computer from Dell shortly after you were trying to help me. I tried all I could with the new configuration and my computer simply can't handle all the programs I am throwing at it. I got the 999.99 one: http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-15r-se-7520/pd?~ck=mn&~ck=mn. Thanks for your suggestions John, I will have my cab and new computer before we start.

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2013, 05:28:54 am »
^ (translation)  It's on like Donkey Kong
Member for 11 Years Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2013, 07:37:46 am »
I tried to change over to Twitch.tv, and for some reason it won't let me.  I just keep getting back to Justin.tv.   P.S. why is Justin.tv not allowed?  Isn't Justin.tv the same company as Twitch.tv?
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2013, 06:44:00 pm »
I tried to change over to Twitch.tv, and for some reason it won't let me.  I just keep getting back to Justin.tv.   P.S. why is Justin.tv not allowed?  Isn't Justin.tv the same company as Twitch.tv?

Hey George, you might want to take a look at the following Twitch TV announcement, located under "Current Issues and News":

http://help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/articles/943898-twitch-tv-and-justin-tv-are-now-separate-sites

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

JohnTheLawnMan

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2013, 08:38:34 pm »
George,

The rules have been updated.  Justin.tv is fine.  Eric actually okayed Justin.tv last tournament, we just forgot to add it to the actual rules.

Corey,

Whats your Twitch/Justin channel I'd like to take a look at your stream.

Simpsons99

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2013, 09:19:20 pm »
I'm in  .. Just hope i can get Saturday Off.. There not set in stone anymore .

corey.chambers

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2013, 10:48:37 pm »
John, it is clchambers00. I adjusted the lighting in the room and moved the camera closer to my chin, lol, and got the level to show up. So I should be good. The new computer will be here tomorrow, and my cab is coming on Sunday. I should be good now, John. When I use the new computer, I will be using the OBS so no more webcam to bad computer screen!

Offline ebinsugewa

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2013, 07:12:46 am »
There's nothing explicitly wrong with Justin, it's just not as integrated with the community and its layout is rather clunky in comparison. People can follow you on Twitch to get notified when you stream, and you can list your game name in the title so that people can find you when they look for DK games. That's how I found most of the streamers here.
we're in the yellow pages under 'spatulas'
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2013, 01:01:56 am »
Qualifying rounds??

The plot thickens!

Twin Galaxies story coming soon...
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Offline John73

• Awards
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2013, 02:10:42 am »
I'm in again :)

Will have to try and get my cab out of the storage unit otherwise I'll be stuck playing on the PC.    Can't guarantee I'll have internet access, but I'll try, Wildcard #2 was great fun.
DK Mame 266K Level 8-6
CK Mame 559K Killscreen
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2013, 12:43:50 pm »
Just wanted clarification on the start time:

Is the 9pm start time on the 21st, or on the 22nd relative to the Pacific time zone? In other words, does most of the competition fall on the 22nd or 23rd relative to those living in the Pacific time zone? Thanks. Just needed to be absolutely certain, as I will be streaming all these WCRs from my local arcade!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 04:39:44 pm by marinomitch13 »
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

JohnTheLawnMan

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2013, 03:25:41 pm »
9:00PM PST on the 21st.

Good lookin' out Mitch.  We'll have to make this crystal clear in the rules.

I'm going to add a time zone start time section to the top of the rules page tonight.