Author Topic: Donkey Kong Wild Card Tournament Rematch #3  (Read 39023 times)

JohnTheLawnMan

Donkey Kong Wild Card Tournament Rematch #3
« on: May 29, 2013, 01:31:43 pm »
Donkey Kong Online Open: Kong Off 3 Wild Card Qualifier #1

!!!! TWITCH IS BACK UP.  TOURNAMENT WILL BE STARTING AT 9:00AM PST (12:00PM EST) TODAY (06/22/2013) !!!

This is the third installment of the Donkey Kong Wildcard Tournament Rematch, brought to you by Eric Tessler and John Salter.

Start Time: June 22, 2013 9:00AM Pacific Time
End Time: June 23, 2013  8:59:59 PM Pacific time (36 hours)
Entry Fee: FREE!

Prizes
- $250 for the 1st place submitted validated score
- $100 for the 2nd place submitted validated score
- $50 for the 3rd place submitted validated score

Bounties - NEW
$50.00 - First 1 Million Point submission: Dan Desjardins
$50.00 - Highest score at the end of level 1-1: Eric Tessler
$50.00 - Best start on your first jump man in terms of # of boards completed: Eric Tessler
$25.00 - Mystery bounty: Eric Tessler
More will be announced shortly

The current rankings for the contest will be posted on the Donkey Kong Forum (http://www.donkeykongforum.net/). The rankings will be updated periodically throughout the duration of the contest.

IMPORTANT: The rules for the contest are laid out below. Please read through all of the rules carefully. Due to the anticipated large number of score submissions, John and Eric have the right to immediately reject any score submission if these rules are not followed as outlined below. ***NO EXCEPTIONS***

Registration
- NEW: Any contestant may now register for this contest, it is open to any person on this planet that plays Donkey Kong !!!
- All contestants will be required to register in order to compete in this Donkey Kong competition.   In order to register, simply email  the following information to dkwildcardrematch@gmail.com :
   * full name
   * twitch stream URL
   * Please  specify “WildCard Rematch Entry” in the subject line of the email
- All registrations must be received prior to the start time of the competition.

Stream Setup
- All contestants are required to stream their games on twitch.tv or Justin.tv. (NO EXEPTIONS FOR ANY REASON).
- Contestants are solely responsible for setting up their stream.  Eric Tessler and John Salter will not be involved in any contestant’s stream setup for any reason.
- Contestants may enlist the help of anyone except Eric Tessler and John Salter to setup their stream.
- Contestant’s stream quality must be sharp enough to read the level and score at a glance (as well as the rest of the game play).  If there is ANY question of score and level due to bad quality stream, that submission will be rejected, instantly, with no exceptions. We suggest that you test your streams and check them from time to time to make sure they are working correctly.
- Streams which are partial, glitchy, edited or manipulated in any way will be rejected.
- Streams must be available for review on the contestants registered twitch.tv channel.  If for ANY reason the stream is not available for review on the contestant’s registered twitch.tv channel, the submission will be rejected.  NO EXCEPTIONS.

Game Submissions
- Contestant is solely responsible for submitting their own scores.
- DK arcade or DK MAME (US set 1) can both be used for score submissions (must use TG settings of 3 lives and a bonus life at 7000 points).
- Score submissions can be for any non-zero score.
- At the start of EACH new stream, contestant must state their full name (you no longer have to state your name before every single game).
- The entire game must be played only by the registered contestant who is identified at the beginning of the game.
- Scores can only be submitted via email to dkwildcardrematch@gmail.com.
- Score submissions must contain “Score Submission” in the subject line.  The body of the email MUST contain:
   * First and last name
   * Bounty being claimed (and please include calculations as needed by the bounty, such as “I completed 42 boards on my first jump man”)
   * Final game score
   * What time the stream was recorded
   * URL to actual stream recording on twitch.tv
- Bounties
   * Contestant is solely responsible for specifying which bounty they want to claim when they submit a score.
   * A contestant can only be paid for a maximum of 1 bounty for any one contest.
   * If a submitted game qualifies for more than 1 bounty, the contestant is solely responsible for specifying which bounty they are claiming and they can only claim a single bounty (and the refs will consider only the specified bounty for the score submission). For example, if I have a game where I am the first to a million points and a kill screen, I claim the million point bounty and the kill screen bounty remains open for other contestants to claim.
   * If a contestant tries to claim a bounty however is not awarded that bounty for some reason (i.e., they were incorrect about the bounty or another contestant's score submission invalidates their bounty claim), the contestant may try to claim another bounty on one of their next score submissions.
   * Bounties are considered in the order in which the score submissions are received.
   * Please remember that the bounty system was introduced for fun and to spread around some extra money to the contestants. Any disputes over the bounties will be settled accordingly by Eric/John.
- If any player is at Eric's or John’s house on the day of the contest, they may use our DK arcade machine for the tournament and we will act as a referee (as such, they do not need to submit their score via email, but the game will still be broadcasted on twitch.tv for everyone to see).
- Eric and John will be validating all scores and reserve the right to reject any score for any reason.
- Games started before the official contest start time (no matter how close to the official contest start time) will not be eligible.
- Games started after the official contest end time (no matter how close to the official contest end time) will not be eligible.
- Last game can be started any time before the official contest end time (no matter how close to the official contest end time).
- Scores can be submitted up until 4 hours past the official contest end time.

Prize Payouts
- Prize money will be issued in the exact amount stated, ONLY to the registered contestant.
- Prize money will be sent via PayPal or sent via U.S. post in the form of a registered money order, or check ONLY to the registered contestant.
- If the contestant rejects the prize acceptance guidelines, listed above, or chooses not to accept the prize, that money will be added to the next contest purse.
- NEW: Once a contestant wins prize money in a tournament (bounties are not included), they cannot win any more prize money for the following 2 tournaments (after the next 2 tournaments, that player will once again be allowed to win some prize money). This will allow different people to have a chance at winning some prize money.

Clarifications
- Kill screen: In order to qualify for a kill screen on 22-1, we must be able to see the jump man death that is caused by the kill screen itself (dying any other way will not count).

Closing Remarks
- Please remember, at the end of the day, this is for fun and to keep the community together.  Anyone who does not follow the rules, cheats, etc, will be removed from the contest, and possibly banded from all future contests.
- These guidelines can be changed at any time because Eric and John are in charge and are on a total power trip.
- Get practicing and good luck to all contestants 
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 03:32:03 am by tessler1134 »

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
Re: Donkey Kong Wild Card Tournament Rematch #3
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 01:50:15 pm »
boom
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 02:20:10 pm »
bang

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 02:21:13 pm »
Don't fk it up this time Ethan.  :P I think my goal is 539,100...the Staal Line.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 03:52:46 pm »
Thanks Eric and John!  :)
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline tessler1134

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 04:46:12 pm »
Yes! I can't wait! My DK machine is broken!

(but hopefully I will get it fixed in time to play  8))
Eric Tessler

DK personal best arcade: 966,000 (kill screen, 133 minutes)
DK arcade, KO 2: 900,500 (kill screen, 113 minutes)
DK arcade no hammer: 369,000
Crazy Kong arcade kill screen: 562,000
DK 3 arcade: hard: 1,111,600; easy: 1,640,000
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener

corey.chambers

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2013, 05:04:19 pm »
Well, you guys can count me out. "Contestant’s stream quality must be sharp enough to read the level and score at a glance". The score can be seen but people have told me that the level is hard to see, if at all because of the dark blue against the black, between my laptop monitor and webcam. I will be, as I am now, going to keep trying for the million anyways. So when you guys see the killscreen kick in, then you will know for sure that it is level 22, lol. :)

Edit: Perhaps I will have my cab up and working by then. Maybe the level can be seen better on the cab. We shall see!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 05:20:46 pm by corey.chambers »

Offline Bliss1083

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2013, 07:03:28 pm »
Justin.tv won't be accepted? I'm in the process of trying to get my twitch working but it's been a pita. I will try and have my twitch up and running befor the contest though.
Donkey kong  arcade 867,000 kill screen
Donkey kong arcade 1-1 12,800 12,200 12,100 and 12,000
Donkey kong end of level 4 132k
working on my hello kitty island adventure skills
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline tessler1134

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 09:42:58 pm »
justin.tv is OK as well (my understanding is that twitch came from justin, I think  ;D).

Even if you think your stream is not clear enough, I will be happy to take a quick peek for you and let you know, just pm me.

Eric Tessler

DK personal best arcade: 966,000 (kill screen, 133 minutes)
DK arcade, KO 2: 900,500 (kill screen, 113 minutes)
DK arcade no hammer: 369,000
Crazy Kong arcade kill screen: 562,000
DK 3 arcade: hard: 1,111,600; easy: 1,640,000
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 10:47:52 pm »
I would advise just getting a twitch account anyway. There seems to be problems sometimes with getting notifications from Justin.tv.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Bliss1083

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 10:52:44 pm »
Working on it marinomitch. Thought about canceling Justin.tv account then just trying twitch. Everytime I go to twitch to go live it just goes back to Justin.tv. I have went to categories and switch to gaming takes me to twitch but always sends me back to Justin when I go live. It's a vicious cycle. Lol.
Donkey kong  arcade 867,000 kill screen
Donkey kong arcade 1-1 12,800 12,200 12,100 and 12,000
Donkey kong end of level 4 132k
working on my hello kitty island adventure skills
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 06:16:49 am »
Kool-Aid man says oh yeah!   ;D
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

JohnTheLawnMan

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 06:55:41 am »
Arcade Machine Streamers:

Most of the time when I stream, I use a $12.00 webcam, and it looks fine.  100% of the time when I stream TRON, The camera on my TRON game screen is a $12.00 webcam.

If your having in issues with clarity, you will need to go into the cam settings and adjust the exposures, brightness and contrast until it looks good.  If you have a high quality webcam, you can even adjust the focus.

The Flash Encoder puts out a much better compressed picture than xsplit, but xsplit is much easier to setup and has more options for multiple webcams.

If your not using multiple webcams, and are having issues with picture quality, try the Flash Encoder.

If you are going to stream in a FREE tournament that is offering 100's of dollars in prizes, you should invest in at least a $20.00 Logitech webcam and take the time to tweak the settings for the best possible picture.

There is absolutely no reason your stream should have unreadable score or level.

-John

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2013, 07:08:08 am »
Arcade Machine Streamers:

Most of the time when I stream, I use a $12.00 webcam, and it looks fine.  100% of the time when I stream TRON, The camera on my TRON game screen is a $12.00 webcam.

If your having in issues with clarity, you will need to go into the cam settings and adjust the exposures, brightness and contrast until it looks good.  If you have a high quality webcam, you can even adjust the focus.

The Flash Encoder puts out a much better compressed picture than xsplit, but xsplit is much easier to setup and has more options for multiple webcams.

If your not using multiple webcams, and are having issues with picture quality, try the Flash Encoder.

If you are going to stream in a FREE tournament that is offering 100's of dollars in prizes, you should invest in at least a $20.00 Logitech webcam and take the time to tweak the settings for the best possible picture.

There is absolutely no reason your stream should have unreadable score or level.

-John

Not if you live in an area that has HORRIBLE streaming.  My upload speed is .38 Mbps.  I am also lucky to get uninterrupted service.  Funny thing is I can get Cable, but the cable company does not offer cable internet.  I really hate Charter, Verizon, and AT&T.   All of them can get bent for not offering high speed service in my area.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

JohnTheLawnMan

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2013, 08:11:17 am »
Ya.  Slow upload speed will for sure be an issue.

Not much you can do about that....