Author Topic: The RBS is perfectly placed  (Read 1847 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
The RBS is perfectly placed
« on: October 02, 2023, 07:08:56 am »
After watching these three very good DK3 players come ever so close to the RBS I realized that it's indeed something that's well earned. It doesn't come easy for anybody unless you're insanely talented like Jason V.
To get the RBS it seems that you not only have to be very good at the game, you have to be a little bit better than very good. And that's why I feel it's perfectly placed  8)
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Synappzz

• Awards
Re: The RBS is perfectly placed
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2023, 08:24:39 am »
Agreed. 
Going from a 1M player to 3M took a tremendous increase in skill,
yet I am still not quite good enough. 
The RBS player list is very short, so very difficult, but not impossible .
DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Member for 3 Years CK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
Re: The RBS is perfectly placed
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2023, 02:58:40 pm »
It is definitely a great accidental arbitrary point in the game, much like the DK kill-screen I guess but with less implication on scoring. Added benefit to the RBS is that you can't get there sacrificing your lives and actually have to play the game properly!

Who knows what jry would have conjured up for DK masters if the RBS never existed. 3m? 5m? loop the boards??  NotLikeThis
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer