Author Topic: Greetings everyone!  (Read 2988 times)

Offline Atokad2887

• Awards
Greetings everyone!
« on: August 25, 2022, 10:06:43 pm »
Hello! Would just like to introduce myself. Iv been a long follower and player of the Donkey Kong series as a whole...but the arcade trilogy itself has always had a personal place in my life. My grandfather ran the local youth center on an army base near where I grew up that had one of those Multi Kong machines that housed DK, DKjr, and DK3. I use to play those none stop on free play mode after the center would close for hours and hours on end. At that time I wasn't good at it but I enjoyed the game all the same. Years later I was given the old Donkey Kong '94 game for Gameboy one Christmas and that's when I knew I wanted to get into the DK community even at a very young age. Now as im older and can afford to throw money at things I finally want in life I came across one of those 60-1 icades so I can finally have fun playing the best arcade game of all time while still being able to enjoy some of classics the machine as to offer. Fast forward a little more and I have that along with a Mario Bros cab I got from auction a little later. Without getting to sidetracked I have followed this forum for many years and kept up with the high scores, stories, and drama that the DK community has to offer that I love about the game and its people. I hope to maybe get in the mix in the future on getting to know everyone and maybe even submit some scores in the future. Thanks again for having me!
There will always be another barrel to jump and another ladder to climb. Don't give up!
Member for 1 Year

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
Re: Greetings everyone!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 03:54:25 am »
Welcome! This is a great community and we're happy to have you! Jump into some streams when you get a chance...with players all around the world there's almost always someone streaming DK or classic arcade games. I hope to see some scores from you soon!
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Online homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: Greetings everyone!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 06:19:38 pm »
Big welcome.  8)
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener