Author Topic: Question for those who play wild barrel hack  (Read 3362 times)

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Question for those who play wild barrel hack
« on: May 28, 2013, 11:50:39 am »
I use to think wild barrels were offset by Kong pauses, so that the last barrel would come out a 000.

Does wild barrel hack have any Kong pauses at all? Or do the continuous wild barrels come out at the same frequency as regular barrels.

If NO, Has anyone every got to the end of the timer of wild barrel hack? If not, can someone do it (by just standing below pauline and let him throw the barrels.)

When does the last barrel come out, and what happens after that point?
Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Fast Eddie

Re: Question for those who play wild barrel hack
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 04:14:06 pm »
kong does pause, apart from never facing right to roll a barrel he seems to act normal...

he throws the final barrel in the 000 as normal, extra time on the 000 as normal...

he chucks em pretty rapid though, so i timed it and screen start to timeout death is 45 seconds faster on the wild barrel hack...

so id say there is no offset, wild barrels just speed the timer up, because kong saves time by not bothering to turn right during his throw cycle...

8)

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 04:56:57 pm »
Interesting. I had never really noticed all the details, but I could tell that they were coming out a lot faster than when he rolls them. Thanks for looking into that for us.

Are either of you working on a score for the WBH?
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 07:25:12 pm »
I don't play WBH at all, I've tried it and it's nuts. I was curious about a correlation with wild barrels and pauses, now I see there isn't.

However, that is some very interesting data that FastEddie just pointed with the 45 second difference, this means that timer ticks are not a separate timer put in sync with Kong barrel releases, timer ticks are actually triggered by kong barrel releases, this assures last barrel at 000. This explains the first two timer counts on the barrel board are always a little quicker, because of the first barrel being a wild barrel.

I guess a real proof would be to do the timer of a level 3 board to 000, and compare it with WBH level 3 down to 000.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 07:30:57 pm by LMDAVE »
Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Fast Eddie

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2013, 09:33:05 am »
the WBH is cool to mess around with now and then but trying to get a score on it is a bit masochistic, even for a DK player!

good for learning to deal with wild barrels i guess though, you must have sussed em pretty well to score 90k+ Mitch...

it would be cool if the wild barrels matched the level rather than all 3/4 type, might actually be a fun challenge to play...

8)

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2013, 10:43:34 am »
Yeah, I went nuts on it for a few weeks, and could get around 55-60k quite regularly. I stopped playing once I realized that the level 3+ barrel screens became significantly harder due to that 2nd barrel being thrown wide to the right. I need to return to the game soon and figure out how to consistently pass that type of board.

And, actually, my 92k score was quite a fluke: In a very random turn of events, I had 3 incredible cashed-in deaths on the levels 1, 2 and 3 rivets! Honestly, I don't know if I've ever had that big of cashed-in deaths on rivets that many times in a row before. It was VERY lucky, to say the least.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer