Author Topic: DK On Switch - Best Controller?  (Read 7792 times)

Offline DukeFlukeEm

• Awards
Re: DK On Switch - Best Controller?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2023, 02:39:04 am »
Since my post last year I've learned more about the game, including the fact to play properly (and in a way you can get a score recognised) you need 4-way controls.

I picked this up:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PXN-Fighting-Joystick-Functions-Suitable/dp/B08C59J7FP/ref=sr_1_25?crid=2BCONWLOTIL5H&keywords=asteroids+arcade+1up&qid=1681366671&sprefix=astaroids+arcade+1up%2Caps%2C64&sr=8-25

Its a bit cheapo and not as nice as some of my other arcade sticks, which I use to play SHMUPS, but I only really use it to play DK, Frogger and a few other classic, 4-way control, arcade games - for this purpose it does the job more than adequately.

As a bonus, you can use it both on Switch and PC and so you can also play DK on MAME, which is my preferred method now. I'm a long way off posting any kind of score, haven't even kill screened yet (3 boards off) but I live in hope!  <Billy>
Member for 2 Years

Offline hooch66

• Personal Blog
    • Awards
Re: DK On Switch - Best Controller?
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2023, 08:07:08 pm »
I might have to give this one a look. Thanks!

Since my post last year I've learned more about the game, including the fact to play properly (and in a way you can get a score recognised) you need 4-way controls.

I picked this up:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PXN-Fighting-Joystick-Functions-Suitable/dp/B08C59J7FP/ref=sr_1_25?crid=2BCONWLOTIL5H&keywords=asteroids+arcade+1up&qid=1681366671&sprefix=astaroids+arcade+1up%2Caps%2C64&sr=8-25

Its a bit cheapo and not as nice as some of my other arcade sticks, which I use to play SHMUPS, but I only really use it to play DK, Frogger and a few other classic, 4-way control, arcade games - for this purpose it does the job more than adequately.

As a bonus, you can use it both on Switch and PC and so you can also play DK on MAME, which is my preferred method now. I'm a long way off posting any kind of score, haven't even kill screened yet (3 boards off) but I live in hope!  <Billy>
Member for 11 Years Blogger