Author Topic: The DK3 $550 repetitive bluescreen bounty  (Read 45652 times)

Offline syscrusher

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: The DK3 $550 repetitive bluescreen bounty
« Reply #60 on: May 21, 2013, 10:44:23 am »
Starting to get the hang of the grey board, but I still die a ton.  Still a 28 board improvement over the better of my other 2 practice runs, so I'm happy.
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank C Winner of a community event Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener Former D2K World Record Holder Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: May 21, 2013, 03:13:10 pm »
First, off.   Yippee!  I got badges now.  Err, your under arrest! ;D

Second, off.  Very good game play Ben.   I thoroughly enjoyed the replay of that 2 million game.  Best DK3 game I have seen that was not my own. :)  Yep, you definitely have the potential to pull off a repetitive bluescreen.  One thing though.  You might want to start thinking about saving your games pretty soon.  You are starting pass the 3 board levels without dying.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline sevenup1203

• Awards
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2013, 01:51:04 pm »
This seems like a cool idea, Im going to practice at it and see how well I can do lol
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener Blogger

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: May 25, 2013, 07:47:26 pm »
This seems like a cool idea, Im going to practice at it and see how well I can do lol

Just saw bits, and pieces of the replay of your DK3 stream.  Thanks for giving it the old college try.  One tip though for future DK3 play.  Don't ever use the super spray on the gray boards.  That's a big time no no.

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline syscrusher

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2013, 01:29:39 am »
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank C Winner of a community event Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener Former D2K World Record Holder Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2013, 03:11:07 am »

Oh, wow, that is as close as it gets.  Congrats on that.  Big time congrats.  Ben just got 3,071,800 on Donkey Kong 3, and was 6 boards away from the bounty.  Huge, Huge, Huge!

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2013, 05:59:50 am »
Wow, just watch the stream.  You had 3 men left when you hit board 150.  Very close indeed! I would advise anyone to catch Ben's next stream.  Very good odds he does it on his very next game.

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2013, 11:11:28 pm »
Oh, Big Ben, all it took was being one year older! Congrats on getting the bounty, bud!!!!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 12:13:30 am by marinomitch13 »
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

giv

« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2013, 12:10:47 am »
Congratulations bounty hunter Ben!

Xevious

« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2013, 12:24:51 am »
Congratulations, Ben!!!  Uber Gamer!!

Offline syscrusher

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2013, 12:31:13 am »
Thanks!  Talk about close there.  I had one guy in reserve on stage 158 and decided to kill myself in order to get the super spray to boost past 159.  I forgot about the bee rushing me at the beginning of the stage and almost botched it.  Thanks to George and all the generous people who contributed to the bounty.  I really, really appreciate it.  I lost my last guy on stage 160 with a score of 3,163,700.

ThomasTHC

« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2013, 12:44:16 am »
Congrats on the bounty!

Offline syscrusher

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2013, 12:50:56 am »
Here's the Twitch highlight and the game is now posted to MARP.

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2013, 01:30:04 am »
Congrats on that!  Yippee!  On board 158 you came very close to running into that worm right below you.  Had you moved Stanley a couple of pixels more to the left into the worm, and this would have been an entirely different story.

Also Ben becomes the very first person ever to reach the Killscreens in Donkey Kong, and Donkey Kong Junior, and the Repetitive bluescreen.  Which is yet another cool accomplishment for Ben!

Some people were saying that I set the bar too high with my bounty.  I knew better though.  Too many great gamers not to set it that high, and Teign on MARP basically did everything but bluescreen the game, and so anything lower like getting to 3 million would have been something that was already done before.  Congrats again Ben!  Glad to someone else reach the Bluescreen club! 8)

P.S. I'll message you to get your address so I can send you the TG token, and autographed cards on my part.  Not as cool as all that moolah though. 8)

All those who offered bounties I would suggest to contact Ben on whatever payment arrangements he is cool with. 8)

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline Svavar

• Awards
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2013, 03:59:25 am »
congratulations man! awesome
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer