Author Topic: Digitizing a t-shirt image. How do I do it?  (Read 2390 times)

Offline QuikThumbs

• Awards
Digitizing a t-shirt image. How do I do it?
« on: January 23, 2020, 11:10:00 am »
Sorry if this is an inappropriate post, but it does involve a game that was on an arcade machine (PlayChoice 10).

I bought a reproduction shirt with a Dr. Mario image from an entrepreneur. I wanted black but all she had left was red, and it doesn't look like she's going to make a second batch, or share the digital image.

Does anyone here have any advice on how to get this image off the shirt, then use the digital file at a custom t-shirt shop? I already tried Custom Ink. They considered it as the image is 30 years old, but they said they are too big a company to risk a lawsuit.

Any advice would be much appreciated, as I hope to have a black shirt in time for the games 30th anniversary. I plan on beating it beginning to end on the arcade. ^^
Member for 6 Years

Offline VeryApe121

• Awards
Re: Digitizing a t-shirt image. How do I do it?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2020, 05:52:56 am »
FirebirdTPG on twitch may be able to help you.  I'm guessing he's on DKF too under the same name, but I'm on mobile so I can't search right now.
"GET SLAMMED NERD" - Ape Jr
Member for 5 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline QuikThumbs

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2020, 02:28:57 pm »
Thanks for the help, but this guy hasn't been active for a year. Anyone know how I can reach him?
Member for 6 Years

Offline FirebirdTPG

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2020, 03:59:21 am »
Can you post a pic of it? or send me a pic?

Might be the same issue though. If someone has rights to it...we cant do it without permission. But I can look at it and see.
Member for 4 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline QuikThumbs

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2020, 11:45:28 am »
Nintendo certainly owns the rights to it, but I'm not looking to make any profit. Just get the image onto a different-colored shirt.

What's your email? I will try send you the image in a couple days. Things here at my place are hectic.
Member for 6 Years