Author Topic: WolfMAME on Raspberry Pi  (Read 5129 times)

Offline fippi

• Awards
WolfMAME on Raspberry Pi
« on: October 27, 2019, 05:15:09 pm »
Hi all,

I'm in the process of trying to get my raspberry pi up and running with input recording using WolfMAME. I've managed to get input recording working via AdvanceMAME, but that's not allowed for score submissions on DKF from what I gather.

Has anyone had any success building and running WolfMAME for linux (specifically raspberry pi?).

I'm currently running Arpicade and a RaspberryJamma.

Thanks!
Fip
Member for 4 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline johnbart

• Awards
Re: WolfMAME on Raspberry Pi
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 10:01:22 pm »
I run Wolfmame on Linux and it works fine. I've never run it on the RaspberryPi but it should build fine.  Just download the source and build it and you should be good to go. Playback and recordings are all binary compatible with Windows version.
Member for 10 Years CAGTournaments.com Founder Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline fippi

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2019, 04:15:52 pm »
I run Wolfmame on Linux and it works fine. I've never run it on the RaspberryPi but it should build fine.  Just download the source and build it and you should be good to go. Playback and recordings are all binary compatible with Windows version.

Good to know. Thanks for the input, John. I've been in contact with dee2er (arpicade's creator) and he's also given me some valuable information on the matter.

Hopefully I can get it running! I've just started compiling it now but it'll take a good chunk of today for it to complete. Fingers crossed!

Offline VeryApe121

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2020, 09:33:32 am »
Dredging up this topic, since I picked up an ArPiCade recently.  Did you ever get WolfMAME working on a Pi?  If so, were you able to get it to run and record an .inp also? 
"GET SLAMMED NERD" - Ape Jr
Member for 5 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline fippi

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 04:26:05 pm »
Dredging up this topic, since I picked up an ArPiCade recently.  Did you ever get WolfMAME working on a Pi?  If so, were you able to get it to run and record an .inp also? 

Hey buddy. Sorry for the late response - i've not been super active on DKF recently. I did end up getting WolfMAME to run on the pi (I have a pi 3), although it took a lot of work and the end result was less than desirable (very very low framerate & intermittent crashing). I gave up after not being able to get a playable result.

I'm somewhat optimistic about the Pi4 as it's capable of a lot more processing power - but I don't have one on hand and I'm not sure I saved the work I did to get it working on my Pi. I ended up moving my Arpicade into my Lowboy after I picked up a DK 2-stack.

It might be worth the effort to reach out to Dee2er on the Arpicade forums if you haven't already! I'm also happy to help where I can if you have any specific questions. @fippi on twitch or @jackary on instagram are the best places to catch me ~