Author Topic: Yolympics 2020  (Read 35787 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: Yolympics 2020
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2020, 08:37:06 am »
Bumpity bump.  8)
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2020, 11:40:02 am »
Just over 24 hours before registration and voting closes! Get those late entries in now!! Just a reminder, the final games list and settings wont be posted until sometime late Monday my time (UTC + 13). The draft will commence once registration  and voting are close. Links are above :)
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2020, 02:43:43 pm »

Not wanting to add to the Riley-whinging about the Mame version (never mind the Riley-whinging about the tourney site... ffs), but as an equally clueless, imbecilic, incompetent computer user, can I just ask if I've got the right Mame.

I seem to have a Mame .183, I can't think why I would have it were it not for a previous tournament.

But maybe it's a mame mame and not a wolfmame  <confused>

From this screenshot, can any of y'all nerdlingers confirm it's the right thing? There seems to be big red button I can use to record the thing if I press the thing..?

http://imgur.com/a/86pCHVG
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2020, 05:25:04 pm »
Games announcement!
Please have a look closely at this list. If you think changes should be made to a specific game let me know (with a valid reason). Whinging will not be tolerated!  :)
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2020, 08:11:31 pm »

Offline bensweeneyonbass

• Dong Face Killer
    • Boooooring!
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2020, 11:39:00 am »
@QAOP Spaceman can't tell from the screenshot, but if you know the folder where that's at, there should be a text file called wolfmame.txt that describes the log of ongoing updates. If that's there it's a WolfMAME version. This particular version's log has a date of 22 Feb 2017
Member for 8 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2020, 04:23:13 pm »

Thx Ben, in the end I've just downloaded the 183 & Rom pack Barra has provided...

...no excuses for ballsing up versions / settings etc.

There seems to be a big red button so no need to type the thing to make it do the thing  Kreygasm

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2020, 05:12:48 pm »
I didnt test if games worked via the GUI
They're all fine via command line :)

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2020, 05:26:31 pm »

I've tried 'em all sir via the GUI...

At first I thought there was something wrong with most of the games, but it turns out they function as they're supposed to; it's just that they are utter sh***

Edited for whinging

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2020, 06:21:11 pm »
And we are live!
- Remember to check the rules listed for each game.
- Make sure you're using WolfMAME 0.183 for MAME submissions. Wolf. MAME. Not regular MAME
- And as a wise man once said: "This tournament is about fun and friendly competition, but don't forget to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women"
Go! Go! Go!

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: March 04, 2020, 05:02:54 pm »
I look forward to representing Luigi.

This tweet aged badly
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2020, 03:24:59 am »
And thats a wrap! Big congrats to In Your Face Disgrace for taking out the competition. There really was no catching them once they were in front but not without a bit of a late scare from the Highscore Hunters! Congrats (once again) to LordBBH for taking out 1st in the individual standings. Also a huge shoutout to chum , who pushed him right until the end. TheSunshineFund also showed his natural ability with an incredibly strong 3rd. Pearl and Zerst  rounded out the top 5 with some stellar scores.

I don't have many stats just yet but 83 of the 88 players registered submitted a score!

Big thanks to the 4 captains, ILLSeaBass , nick666101 , Luigimaker , wolf  for throwing their hand up and ensuring this thing got off the ground once again

Of course none of this is possible without the awesome website care of Johnbart . Absolute legend

I've made a simple feedback form, please fill this out if you get a chance. https://forms.gle/JGdehEeQwbtStTyQ9

Crap Tournament will be in the middle of May! Watch out here for the announcement  :)