Author Topic: Donkey Kong Players Registry  (Read 132668 times)

NesSumSimpson

Re: Donkey Kong Players Registry
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2013, 07:45:13 pm »
Awsome Idea. Added. Now you know the location of the future DK world record holder......I hope ;D

Offline John73

• Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2013, 08:21:11 pm »
Added myself... where are all the other Aussies? 
DK Mame 266K Level 8-6
CK Mame 559K Killscreen
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

V3rby

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2013, 08:49:04 am »
Added myself ;)

We need more european players =D

well, at least i'm the best german player on the list (for now =D)

Offline Dustin(tiptop)Myers

• Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2013, 09:59:48 am »
Marker added.
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline d3scride

• Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2013, 11:55:05 am »
Added.
PBs:

DK: 702,100 at 1,040,000 pace
1-1: 11,800
1-2: 22,700
No Hammer: 562,800
Lvl 2: 50,400
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer

Simpsons99

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2013, 12:01:59 pm »
I'm amazed by all the players in the same part of the  USA.

muffinchips

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2013, 12:13:11 pm »
Great idea.

Added

Offline mikegmi2

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2013, 02:00:54 pm »
Just a quick note, I noticed a couple markers may have been moved by accident.  For instance, it looks like Jeff Wolfe's marker has been moved to New Mexico, even though he lives near Denver, CO.

Perhaps some people aren't aware they can move markers and resave them...so just something to look out for.
Donkey Kong - 1,076,000 (arcade, KS)
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2013, 02:23:15 pm »
Yeah. I realized that people could easily troll this map (even people not registered with this forum), but it was a risk I thought could be taken, since 1) most people wouldn't care about something so trivial, and 2) trolling this map would not be all that effective, since we could easily out-crowd-scource the troll by correcting everything in almost no time.

As far as the markers being moved in this case, it seems like it may just be an honest mistake. 'DK3CHAMP' (which I assume is George Riley) may have accidentally moved Jeff and my markers (I moved mine back already, Jeff can move his back when he sees this post). Also, it looks like 'Shelby' may have moved Hank's a bit, but I'm not sure how far -all it says is that Shelby was the last editor of Hank's marker. Everyone just check your markers from time to time to make sure they are accurate. If some sort of big trollfest happens, the first person to see it can let us all know and it can be fixed up quickly. Thanks.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

NesSumSimpson

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2013, 11:29:02 pm »
Yeah. I realized that people could easily troll this map (even people not registered with this forum), but it was a risk I thought could be taken, since 1) most people wouldn't care about something so trivial, and 2) trolling this map would not be all that effective, since we could easily out-crowd-scource the troll by correcting everything in almost no time.

As far as the markers being moved in this case, it seems like it may just be an honest mistake. 'DK3CHAMP' (which I assume is George Riley) may have accidentally moved Jeff and my markers (I moved mine back already, Jeff can move his back when he sees this post). Also, it looks like 'Shelby' may have moved Hank's a bit, but I'm not sure how far -all it says is that Shelby was the last editor of Hank's marker. Everyone just check your markers from time to time to make sure they are accurate. If some sort of big trollfest happens, the first person to see it can let us all know and it can be fixed up quickly. Thanks.

I'm Shelby, if I moved Hanks it was an accident. I did not know that I could even move other people's markers.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2013, 06:08:23 am »
Yeah, no problem. I was pretty sure it was an honest mistake. I almost did the same thing myself at one point!

Edit: Haha! I actually just accidentally moved Chris Psaros', but there is the option to 'undo' any changes. So if that happens to you, just click 'undo'. I also moved Jeff Wolfe's marker back to pretty close to where I originally saw it placed to the east of Colorado Springs. Hope this was ok to do, since I didn't know if he keeps up with every post on here and would see that it needed fixing.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 06:15:30 am by marinomitch13 »
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Milehighdt

• Awards
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2013, 04:43:28 pm »
Thanks Mitch, I might like living in new mexico this time of year or a little closer to town but I guess I'll stick to living in the boonies. Marker moved  :D
DK (Arcade) 1,129,700
DK No-hammer (Arcade) 768800 Killscreen
DK No-hammer (mame japan set)  524600 level 21-4
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener Individual Board Record Holder DK No-Hammer Killscreener Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener

NesSumSimpson

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2013, 09:59:49 pm »
Yeah, no problem. I was pretty sure it was an honest mistake. I almost did the same thing myself at one point!

Edit: Haha! I actually just accidentally moved Chris Psaros', but there is the option to 'undo' any changes. So if that happens to you, just click 'undo'. I also moved Jeff Wolfe's marker back to pretty close to where I originally saw it placed to the east of Colorado Springs. Hope this was ok to do, since I didn't know if he keeps up with every post on here and would see that it needed fixing.

Undo, ok got it, thanks. I will make sure that I do that if it happens again.

Offline Bliss1083

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2013, 08:02:56 pm »
When i get sometime I'm gonna have to do this. How do you view the map of everyone?
Donkey kong  arcade 867,000 kill screen
Donkey kong arcade 1-1 12,800 12,200 12,100 and 12,000
Donkey kong end of level 4 132k
working on my hello kitty island adventure skills
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2013, 08:06:55 pm »
When i get sometime I'm gonna have to do this. How do you view the map of everyone?

The link is in the first post of the thread : https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213256120776359199611.0004db20a60dbe8a9a8ba&msa=0&ll=65.219894,4.921875&spn=98.492639,312.890625
Member for 11 Years DKF Founder Former CK World Record Holder - Arcade CK Killscreener DK Killscreener