Author Topic: Donkey Kong Players Registry  (Read 133810 times)

Offline JCHarrist

• Spring Jumper
    • Donkey Kong Forum
    • Awards
Re: Donkey Kong Players Registry
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2014, 04:23:05 pm »
Hi all,

New to the board, added a marker. Looks like I'm the first Rhode Islander  8)

Always loved DK but never felt right playing it on MAME. I got a multicade machine in October. That also didn't really feel right. Finally got a pure DK machine about a month. Haven't touched the multicade machine since ;D My DK machine needs a little work. It's 100% playable but the speaker makes a buzzing noise (audio plays fine tho) and the joystick is a little loose. Also the screen jumps around a bunch when it first starts up (may need to be re-capped, not sure). I locks into place after about 10 minutes.

My current high score is 200k but getting better every week. I try to play at least an hour a night after the wife and kids go to bed  <Wiebe>

Awesome! Be sure to check out some streams and hang out in the chats.

Welcome aboard!  :)
Member for 11 Years DKF Founder Former CK World Record Holder - Arcade CK Killscreener DK Killscreener

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2014, 04:58:04 pm »
Hi all,

New to the board, added a marker. Looks like I'm the first Rhode Islander  8)

Always loved DK but never felt right playing it on MAME. I got a multicade machine in October. That also didn't really feel right. Finally got a pure DK machine about a month. Haven't touched the multicade machine since ;D My DK machine needs a little work. It's 100% playable but the speaker makes a buzzing noise (audio plays fine tho) and the joystick is a little loose. Also the screen jumps around a bunch when it first starts up (may need to be re-capped, not sure). I locks into place after about 10 minutes.

My current high score is 200k but getting better every week. I try to play at least an hour a night after the wife and kids go to bed  <Wiebe>

Love it  <Allen> Love it? Welcome to the forums.   You should post some pics of your cabinet some time  Kreygasm
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

hchien

« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2014, 05:06:22 pm »
Awesome!

Yeah I've played on several multicades before.  They definitely don't feel the same.  Your high score will improve in no time here. 

Dean Saglio and Eric Howard (DK players) are also from RI.  Dean may not have registered on the map and Eric I think retired from DK.

Offline syscrusher

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2014, 05:17:12 pm »
Welcome to the forum!

Awesome!

Yeah I've played on several multicades before.  They definitely don't feel the same.  Your high score will improve in no time here. 

Dean Saglio and Eric Howard (DK players) are also from RI.  Dean may not have registered on the map and Eric I think retired from DK.

Retired and coincidentally moved to Florida. :D
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank C Winner of a community event Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener Former D2K World Record Holder Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2014, 05:21:09 pm »
Welcome to the forum!

Retired and coincidentally moved to Florida. :D

Not even Helen of troy took this much abuse <Billy>
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Shnypz

• Awards
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2014, 08:51:54 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome  :D

Here's a pic of my game room/kids' playroom:

The 60-1 is fully reconditioned. Plays great, no issues with it. Got it from a CL guy in upstate NY who had a basement full of reconditioned 60-1 cabinets. The one I ended up with was the only one he had with a trackball  8)

The DK machine was another CL score from a couple right outside of Boston. I saw their CL post at work on a Friday, had some drinks that night and decided to send a drunken low-ball offer. Luckily they were moving to Arizona that week and were eager to sell it. Drunken low-ball offer accepted. Picked up the next day.
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger

Offline mikegmi2

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: April 22, 2014, 05:00:48 am »
Nice machines!  Galaga and Minecraft, together finally at last...

Welcome and good luck with your games!
Donkey Kong - 1,076,000 (arcade, KS)
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Shnypz

• Awards
« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2014, 05:46:08 am »
Haha thanks, the Galaga skin pack is awesome
Member for 10 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2014, 06:09:50 am »
Oh yer!   Love it and welcome!   <Allen>
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: May 08, 2014, 02:28:11 am »
Hey, Jumpman, I see that you're from Mason City, IA. I'm from Minneapolis. Let me know if you're ever swinging by the Twin Cities and I'd be more than willing to give you a tour of the town and/or show you the best Arcades. :)
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Miketastic5

• Awards
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2014, 07:08:22 pm »
Miketastic has added, great to see a few other people living in the York of Not-Old
Member for 9 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger

Offline jumpman

• Awards
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2014, 08:18:07 pm »
Hey, Jumpman, I see that you're from Mason City, IA. I'm from Minneapolis. Let me know if you're ever swinging by the Twin Cities and I'd be more than willing to give you a tour of the town and/or show you the best Arcades. :)

That sounds good. I always look at Minneapolis cl for games, I will let you know when I come up there.
DK Arcade 606,200
Zookeeper 750k

http://www.twitch.tv/shigerumiyamoto
Member for 10 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: June 30, 2014, 02:33:54 am »
Yo, Jry, Katie, make sure to update your location. First DK peeps in Asia, hype!  Kreygasm

While I'm at it... BUMP... for anyone who hasn't seen this yet and would be willing to add their location!
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Evunz

• Awards
« Reply #103 on: February 15, 2015, 09:36:14 pm »
I just add me to your world map.

Omg... I'm alone in France ! <gasp>
I'm a french player http://www.twitch.tv/evunz
Member for 9 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: February 15, 2015, 10:40:37 pm »
Lovit! With any luck, you won't be alone for long... classic gaming seems to be slowly spreading! New arcades seem to be opening up in Europe, so that is exciting!