Author Topic: Standard Recording for DK  (Read 6060 times)

Online Dk_madness

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Standard Recording for DK
« on: January 28, 2013, 04:44:50 am »
Well I just had a few questions about recording a DK game with the new TG change. Now that I have the D2K add on, will I have to remove this when I start recording DK? That would be a pain since it was such a tight fit into the board. Or does anyone know whether TG is going to change the recording rules for submissions. I think a change is needed for ease of submission. What are your thoughts????
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK Masters - Rank D Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK Killscreener

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
Re: Standard Recording for DK
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 05:01:35 am »
I think the new TG has a better understanding that the D2K daughter board in no way affects the normal DK gameplay. I think you'll be fine even not doing all the prerecording stuff in the back of the machine. But if you want to be 100% safe, you probably have to contact Richie or Jourdan or wait for them to announce it.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline LMDAVE

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 05:09:54 am »
I wouldn't be so sure, that would be a huge TG change, because these type of things apply to many other games also where have score save kits were not allow, freeplay mode was never allowed, I would definitely like to hear an update it from them. Especially the special rules for DK.

If we could get them to relax all the pre-recording rules, except for the splash screen when you turn the machine on, that would help a lot, along with dropping the screen cycling between games, once a cycle has been shown. All of the post recording would catch everything, and would make every recording session less of a pain. As well as keep it inline with all of the other arcade titles.

I would definitely get clarification on having the kit in, because asking recording rules to relax is not modification of the original equipment, but asking for the kit to be allow is. I'm for it, I have a kit sitting in my drawer for 2 years and never play DK2 because I always want to be prepared to record DK.
Donkey Kong (Arcade): 1,108,100

Donkey Kong 1-1: 12,900

http://twitch.tv/LMDAVE
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Online Dk_madness

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 05:18:27 am »
I agree Dave. If they would just bypass the pre-recording segment that would help so much. If they can't change the recording rules allowing the D2K, I would still be fine with that. I just didnt want to risk damaging the original board by swapping out the Z processor all the time.
Member for 11 Years DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK Masters - Rank D Winner of a community event DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK Killscreener

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 01:57:01 pm »
TG needs to deal with kits on a case-by-case basis, based on how well the kit in question is understood and what exactly it does, and there is absolutely no reason that the D2K kit shouldn't be on their white list (especially since D2K itself is a game that they track!)
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener