Author Topic: kong off 7  (Read 20150 times)

Offline RichieKnucklez

• Awards
kong off 7
« on: March 15, 2019, 01:10:48 pm »
You guys all know I’m not an internet guy. Seldom hang out on forums. Facebook and Instagram is my only window into the cyber world.  I just wanted to say it saddens me when I hear secondhand that people are bad mouthing me and the event I work so hard to give back to the community. I have never disrespected anyone on this site  ( maybe Wes, but that is another story )  Jeff has always been a big help for me and he will be missed at Kong Off  seven. Even though the attendance by most of the best players Is going to be weak, we are going to do our best to put on a great show.  The space they gave me this year is limited and I could only fit 12 but I have another 10 spares in case a game goes down. I am even more saddened how the community which was once so strong has been split down the middle due to ( The elephant in the arcade ) .  All I ask is going forward if anyone wants to participate in the Kong off please contact me directly at richie@Richieknucklez.games .  I would like to start the healing process, and bring any Arcade contest to a higher platform. With all of the duties I have to perform the streaming is being handled by Billy Junior and Jason Spindler with the help of Dan Dejardins over the phone.  i’m sure we are all going to have fun, like we have in the past I just wish none of this would’ve ever happened so I’d see faces like Vince Lemay, Steve Wiltshire, Dean Saglio, etc. for me it’s all about having fun (and selling marquees! Lol) I myself have learned to not take the little things so serious. I don’t want to die because of a stress induced heart attack. Especially over a Monkey and a plumber.    I wish everyone the best and I hope you tune in .

Richie Knucklez
Member for 10 Years DK Killscreener Blogger

Offline dnickolas

• Awards
Re: kong off 7
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 01:29:39 pm »
I’d be playing right now if they’d let me in. :)
Member for 7 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Online homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 01:59:19 pm »
Wait, so you have only 12 because they are limiting your space?  That's worse than anything I imagined.  I thought it was by design or that you sold off 10, and only had 12 this time around.   

As far as the tournament. I'm 100% supportive.  I don't care who attends.  I just like competition, and if the event brings about competition I'm going to watch it.
I'm excited for the streams, and know just like every year there will be some big moments.   Should be fun to watch.  8)

"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline RichieKnucklez

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 02:02:54 pm »
Thanks George, Your kill screen last year was one hell of a way to kick off the event

Offline Mitch Mitchell

• Youtube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 02:11:40 pm »
Watched the setup stream last night until just after midnight, looking forward to it starting man; thanks for investing so much time and energy.

Be well,
-Mitch
VS Duck Hunt - 3,502,900
DK - 985,400
Member for 6 Years Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener

Offline wolfman24

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2019, 02:31:19 pm »
I don't know there is drama coming from both sides like when you called dkf the lonely losers club but who knows maybe one day we can all get along like a perfect world. in any case hope the event goes good
barra on hearing wolf for the 1st time  "wolf is a child and that is a man talking"

Barra [11|Jul 04:57 PM] Barra: I'll be happy with whatever wolf decides, but will still do my fair share of whinging
Member for 9 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline johnbart

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 02:35:42 pm »
Richie,

Always been a supporter and believer in your arcade work. I'm always excited to see events regardless of who is putting it on. Even if  <Pigger> were to run an event outside of his basement pit I'd support it.

I haven't seen anyone badmouthing you on this site. I have seen Billy and Jr saying all sorts of shit about everything and everyone on various twitch streams. Get them to become welcoming members of the community as a good start to building bridges.

I wish the best for you, your family and the event.

-j
Member for 10 Years CAGTournaments.com Founder Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline RichieKnucklez

• Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 03:36:04 pm »
I never called anyone lonely losers club in fact if you watch the stream I peeled off stickers that someone put on the cabinets that had LLC on them. I try to rise above this bullshit. Please try to get your facts straight. Jason Spindler, what was my reaction to seeing LLC stickers on my cabinets? One of the only times in recent years i let my anger get the best of me
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 03:40:20 pm by RichieKnucklez »

Offline colecomeister

• Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 03:59:50 pm »
Hi Richie -  thanks for making KO a reality year after year. What happened last year had to happen, but I agree that going forward we shouldn't lose sight of community and shared love of arcade competition. Still have my KO2 marquee, can't believe we're at 7! Cheers
Member for 6 Years

Offline Snowflake

• Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2019, 08:23:32 pm »
i havent seen anyone hear bash you richie.  The worst against you was briefly after the whole button gate thing, and that was very very mild and not at all recent.  It sounds like you havent seen it either since you heard second hand.  Can i ask who told you? Let me guess, billy is lying to your face again trying to tear people apart.  yes, billy and son have gotten bashed here and they deserved it for the bashing they did.  Whoever is lying to you is just trying to make trouble for you.  You're a really likable guy, and even when tempers rise theres still the desire to get along with you.  The person lying to you about others bashing is just a hateful person trying to stir up trouble cause thats all he can do to make himself feel good about himself.
Member for 7 Years

Offline RichieKnucklez

• Awards
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2019, 11:15:47 pm »
Jeff Wolfe put up a million and Robbie has an 800+ game as well. Ethan Daniels is about to show us all wassup.

Offline gaknar

• Awards
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2019, 11:38:50 am »
While I would hope that everyone involved would be respectful to each other and adult, you do have a proven cheater endorsing your competitive tournament. There's no call for ugliness in any manner, but it's safe to say that all will not be well with the community unless this is resolved in a better way. Either the competitive nature of these tournaments needs to become less serious and more fun loving, or certain people need to come clean and apologize.
Member for 6 Years

Online homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2019, 12:02:20 pm »
While I would hope that everyone involved would be respectful to each other and adult, you do have a proven cheater endorsing your competitive tournament. There's no call for ugliness in any manner, but it's safe to say that all will not be well with the community unless this is resolved in a better way. Either the competitive nature of these tournaments needs to become less serious and more fun loving, or certain people need to come clean and apologize.

To be honest, I do think the competitive nature has actually become less serious, and fun loving when it comes to the Kong Off.  The reason being is the competition is simply not as strong as in years past, and the prize money isn't as big.  So it's a much more relaxed, and fun atmosphere.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline wolfman24

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2019, 11:18:36 pm »
so Richie you want to reunion the community but now you are blaming dkf for not inviting John McCurdy when he says he don't give a fuck about the event but you said he has a hard on for you  ROFL how about you stick to your guns and actually try to make an effort to fix the relationship with dkf and top players instead of throwing salt on the wound

« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 11:20:54 pm by wolfman24 »
barra on hearing wolf for the 1st time  "wolf is a child and that is a man talking"

Barra [11|Jul 04:57 PM] Barra: I'll be happy with whatever wolf decides, but will still do my fair share of whinging
Member for 9 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline RichieKnucklez

• Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2019, 11:26:17 pm »
Should not have said DKF, it was up to Jeff and Dan. I misspoke but they did use DKF to field the players.