Author Topic: Whose going to the Kong Off VII?  (Read 4558 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Whose going to the Kong Off VII?
« on: February 11, 2019, 10:13:03 am »
I put off making this thread out of hopes someone else would.  But seeing we are now about a month away I might as well see what the roll call for the grand event is?

For me, I'm a probably not.  My trucking situation really did a number on my financial situation, and even going for a day maybe too much.  For me, I'll have a great time watching from home most likely.

So people I think are coming
Robbie Lakeman
Billy Mitchell
Richie Knucklez

I just saw a post that Dan Desjardin probably won't make it.

So whose going? Or whose not going or whose probably not going, or whose up in the air about the whole things. :)
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline dnickolas

• Awards
Re: Whose going to the Kong Off VII?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 10:18:12 am »
I’ll be there. If only 5 people go I should be able to make the finals :)
Member for 8 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline danman123456

• Spring Jumper
    • Twitch TV Stream
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 01:07:26 pm »
Was literally just getting ready to post this.

1. The format is going to be open like the KO was in Aussieland. Machines are open and whoever walks up can play. Need to sign up to compete but its open to anyone.

2. Its looking bleak for me. Too much going on and trying to get the time and funds together after starting my new job is proving to be difficult (Plane tickets are just way too much for me right now to justify spending with the wife at this time sadly so I'm probably 5% going and 95% having to sit this one out).

Right now the only folks I and relatively sure of that are going is

1. Billy Mitchell
2. Robbie Lakeman
3. Steve Grunberger (Not competing AFAIK)
4. Eric Tessler
5. Ethan Daniels
6. Richie Knucklez (Of course may or may not compete)
7. Billy Jr and I think Neil are going to be there as well but may not be competing.
8. Jeff Wolfe

Unknowns (but at this point unlikely if they havent reached out yet anyone who wants to get in touch with them please do so)
Dean Saglio
Jason Wade
Ross Benziger
Jeff Willms
Steve Wiebe
Danny Dock

No's:
Daniel Desjardins - Unless something dramatically changes and I can cut the cost in half :D
Jeff Harrist
Chris Gleed

I will do what I can to assist remotely with the direct cap setups and streaming setup if I cant make it out there. Perhaps some remote commentating can occur as needed via a discord or something else?

Anyway please respond ASAP just to have an idea.

Thanks All!
Dan

« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 07:37:26 pm by danman123456 »
DK High : 1,059,700 (Lvl 22-1 KS!);
DK KS Speedrun : 1 Hr 16 Min 40 Sec - World Record!
DK Lvl 1 - 1: 12,400
Fix-It Felix Jr - 297,000 (World Record)
Fix-IT Felix Jr 1 Hour Limit - 177,000
Fix-It Felix Jr KS Speedrun - 1h33
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer Winner of a community event IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger

Offline YesAffinity

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 01:18:58 pm »
It's looking unlikely for me too.  Planning a disneyland trip for the fam in March.  Haven't been to DL in 5 years, at which point my daughter was 5 (the years just keep flying by...).  I've been to Banning every year in between tho, so I'm afraid Banning and the Kong Off are not the priority this year.

Best of luck to all competitors!  I'll be watching and rooting remotely.  :)
Matthew 21:22

DK Arcade PB (verified): 970,200 KS
DK Start PB (verified): 126,600
DK L1-1 PB (verified): 11,400
DK PB 1st Man: 622,000

Donkey Kong Direct Feed How-To - http://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=1413.0
^Now outdated, see instead: http://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=2471.0
Member for 9 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Milehighdt

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 04:41:29 pm »
Sandy and I are going. How will it run without Jeff and Dan?
DK (Arcade) 1,129,700
DK No-hammer (Arcade) 768800 Killscreen
DK No-hammer (mame japan set)  524600 level 21-4
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener Winner of a community event Individual Board Record Holder IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK No-Hammer Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Former CK World Record Holder - MAME DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener

Offline bradtech519

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 08:36:20 am »
Maybe next year if I can keep progressing my game. Looks like a plane ticket roundtrip from OKC to Palm Springs is $541.  Hotel/Meals/transportation would add up quick. 
Member for 5 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline HugDD

• Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 05:34:11 pm »

First off, thanks for starting this thread, George!

I initially had considered attending this year, as my plans were to visit family in San Francisco, CA and also celebrate my upcoming fortieth birthday on the 13th of March.  However, over time, I just didn't feel that it'd make sense, with a relatively short stay visiting, so I too won't be making it out, sadly.  Also, wanted to let folks know that I connected with Dean in one of his recent streams, and he said the event location and venue're too costly for him to attend.

Hopefully, whoever's going to be putting things together'll be able to make the event available to the many of us remotely, via stream.  All the best to those attending and organizing things!

Đức
Chicago, IL
My best streamed Centipede game https://www.twitch.tv/gallopingghostarcade/v/51955812 -786k

I guess it's about trying to live a life where I'm not contributing to the cruelty in the world...While I am on this planet, I want everyone I meet to know that I am grateful they are here - Jessica Chastain
Member for 8 Years