Author Topic: Yolympics 2019  (Read 31979 times)

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
Re: Yolympics 2019
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2019, 04:45:21 am »
Draft is in about 12 hours at twitch.tv/captainjivepants! Get your game votes in now!
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2019, 09:08:25 pm »
The draft is over and the final game list has been determined! Check them out below.

Game List

Team List

The tournament officially starts on Feburary 1, 6:00 PM PST. Take the next few days to coordinate with your captains and practice the games (and MAME command-line >.<)!
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2019, 06:30:17 am »
By popular demand, the romset for 1942 has been changed to the parent set...1942. This is Rev. B. Do not use 1942a.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 06:34:49 am by xelnia »

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2019, 05:19:42 am »
Ugh, I played a game not realizing that it started at 6 P.M. today.  Usually it's 12:01 A.M.  Oops! FailFish
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

creech

« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2019, 06:00:50 am »
It's great you played, previously you were saying how your heart wasn't in it anymore. Good for you mate.  :)

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2019, 06:48:08 am »
It's great you played, previously you were saying how your heart wasn't in it anymore. Good for you mate.  :)

You see a lot of misdirection leading up to the draft by players in order to better position themselves to be selected by a big market club.  It's a lot of posturing and jostling among the players.  I generally don't put a lot of stock in it as a former GM.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

creech

« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2019, 07:31:31 am »
That's a shame, but, it's what turned me off from participating.

At the same time I've been playing MGL and just chose to take a break. This makes sense though Wags, wish it didn't come down to shit like that.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 07:48:20 am by creech »

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2019, 09:35:51 am »
That's a shame, but, it's what turned me off from participating.

Don't let it turn you off from participating.  It mainly just makes it more difficult on the captains but one thing to keep in mind is no matter what folks say prior to the competition, this a prideful lot, once competition gets going all the pre-draft talk of not spending time on the tourney evaporates like Allen's DK lives counter.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2019, 10:25:15 am »
Oh to be sure, I am not playing as much this year.  I just have things that will take away my time this time around.  But that doesn't mean I can't participate this year.  But yeah, I will not be getting 23rd like last year.  Probably more like 35th or so. :)  Still a deal since I was drafted 43rd. :)

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2019, 01:31:34 pm »
The tournament officially starts in 4 1/2 hours! A few reminders before we kick off:

-Please double-check the Games/Rules. Some romsets and rules have shifted since the announcement of the game list.
-Even if you've been playing/practicing already, only games started/scores achieved after the start of the tourney are eligible for submission.
-Make sure you're using WolfMAME 0.183 for MAME submissions. Wolf. MAME. Not regular MAME. And double-check that your INPs are being recorded with the correct settings.
-This tournament is about fun and friendly competition, but don't forget to crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Good luck to all the players and teams (but mostly my team)!

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2019, 06:01:29 pm »
The tournament has officially begun! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2019, 08:31:53 pm »
How do you submit?  I don't see a submit button? :(

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2019, 08:42:01 pm »
OK, figured it out.  For some reason Internet explorer doesn't work for me.  I had to use Google chrome.

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline muscleandfitness

• Pie Kicker
  • Elite Member
  • Wall jump WR Holder x3
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2019, 05:14:16 am »
WHO PICS THESE TEAMS FTT COME OF IT IM GONE
59 wall jumps new world record on mame
55 wall jumps on a cab New World Record
longest convener ride in dk history New World Record
World Record for standing behind oil can until end of lev
A Reverse finish on Rivet  board. 12 ks's HS 992900
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2019, 06:15:07 am »
WHO PICS THESE TEAMS FTT COME OF IT IM GONE

Allen, to be fair, Exed Exes actually did a fantastic job picking teams.  If you minus the captain's scores from the team scores it becomes easily apparent that Exed Exes actually did a fantastic job picking teams.

Fast Fires 1525-283=1242
Mekanix 1507-166=1341
Camel Toe Silhouettes 1416-277=1139
Verizontal 3D 1363-84=1279

When you minus the point total for Captains our team actually comes out second.  So don't blame his picking ability, because you'd be completely wrong.

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard