Author Topic: A killscreener is about to be bumped out of the top 100  (Read 2144 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
A killscreener is about to be bumped out of the top 100
« on: December 07, 2018, 07:46:20 am »
When it comes to the top 100 I like to keep track of watershed moments, and a few are about to happen.  Probably, most notably, we are about to have a killscreener outside of the top 100.  That being Anders Lasbo with his Killscreen score of 748,400.  True it's about 56k lower than any other killscreen score, but none the less is a monumental occasion. But there are other notable things about to happen in the next six months.

Tim Jackson is now 98th.  For the first 15 years he was 2nd place on the list.  He's the last 80s score on the list.   So when he goes it'll be important.

Lastly, there are 95 people who have 800k.  So sometime in the next year an 800k score won't be enough to make it into the top 100. 
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Shamrock

• Awards
Re: A killscreener is about to be bumped out of the top 100
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 08:05:45 am »
I'm gonna be getting back on the grind myself, I'd rather not be knocked out of Top 100 if I can help it :P
All scores set at Z82 Retrocade in Sherwood AR

Galaga - 3,614,350 KS (WR Default?)
Pac-Man - 3,214,250 KS
Q*Bert - 1,506,925
U.N Squadron - 1,410,750 KS/WR(?)
Gyruss - 1,426,750
Four-time defending Air Hockey Champion
Member for 9 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline dnickolas

• Awards
Re: A killscreener is about to be bumped out of the top 100
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 10:53:11 am »
It’s inevitable, right? Most who start now get to learn from everyone else and are generally more efficient. It’s pretty rare that people don’t really have, say, elevators down better than the top 50 player of even 5 years ago. Not because they’re better, but because they have a lot of examples of how to do things the right way to learn from.
Member for 8 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer