Author Topic: DK Spooky Remix Halloween Tournament 2018  (Read 67066 times)

Offline bensweeneyonbass

• Dong Face Killer
    • Boooooring!
    • Awards
Re: DK Spooky Remix Halloween Tournament 2018
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2018, 05:00:47 am »
Arbor Day Remix! You can just keep the hatchets for hammers and make all the ladders tree trunks. And I guess the barrels could be acorns :)
Member for 8 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline GILLYKONG

• Awards
« Reply #46 on: November 05, 2018, 06:33:40 am »
Plant a 🌲 Remix. I can just see Giuseppe ripping limbs off as he's climbing the trees made of ladders 🤣. Thanks everyone for playing! Time to pack up the tater tots and play something else for a while. Thanks to John & Nina for this Spooky spooky game. And the DKF for being a great place for us Kong heads to hang out!!! JC & Jry much luv!
Member for 8 Years DK Remix Killscreener Winner of a community event DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener DK Killscreener DKJR Remix World Record Holder DKJR Remix Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: November 05, 2018, 09:03:05 am »
GGs everyone

Hats off to Sock for the magic and Jry for the verification legwork

Kreygasm                     Kreygasm                            Kreygasm
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline riverdealer

• Awards
« Reply #48 on: November 05, 2018, 09:48:36 am »
Great game --- Great job
Member for 5 Years

Offline Sock Master

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2018, 01:38:08 pm »
Thanks everyone!  A huge thanks to all the players who participated.  Me & Nina had a lot of fun watching people play.  I hope everyone else had a blast too!

We had some amazing games with four players getting kill screens, three over 1 Million point players with J.P Buergers achieving an astronomical 1,443,800 points in his final-final 22-6 kill screen game!

The top 4 winners are:
1   J.P. Buergers       1,443,800 (22-6 KS)
2   Benjamin Falls     1,158,500 (22-6 KS)
3   Mathew McGill     1,111,100 (22-4 KS)
4   Chris Psaros        987,100 (22-2 KS)

And the 3 bounty winners are:
Benjamin Falls          First to reach 22-1
J.P. Buergers            First Million point game
Daniel Larsen           Highest Bonus Stage score

I'll be sending emails to the winners shortly to work out the prize details.

Who knows what next year may bring, but we shall try to make it awesome!

Thank you!
John
"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"
Member for 8 Years snek IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline Sock Master

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2018, 09:00:38 am »
Just posting a little update.  Apologies for the delays in receiving your t-shirts - they should start arriving today or tomorrow or shortly thereafter if they have not already.

Canada Post has been on strike... seriously.   The t-shirts took longer than expected to arrive here, and they're taking longer than expected to get to their destinations.  Expect them in your mail soon!

Cheers!
"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"
Member for 8 Years snek IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline syscrusher

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2018, 01:41:20 pm »
Got mine yesterday, John!  Thanks!
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank C Winner of a community event Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener Former D2K World Record Holder Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener

Offline GILLYKONG

• Awards
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2018, 06:42:42 am »
Got mine last night. As I was watching Sock play Spooky kinda ironic LoL Thx to everyone again!!!
Member for 8 Years DK Remix Killscreener Winner of a community event DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener DK Killscreener DKJR Remix World Record Holder DKJR Remix Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline DaLar

• __________________________________________________
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2018, 01:58:29 pm »
Got mine today (Monday).  Thanks!
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline kucarachi

• Awards
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2018, 09:20:26 am »
Sorry i am new to this, i found the Christmas Remix rom but have had no luck finding the Spooky Remix Rom. If i am stupid tell me because i have looked everywhere on this forum and i have 20 years computer experience. If someone could link me or point me to the rom i'd appreciate it.
Member for 5 Years

Offline Weehawk

• Elite Member
  • Why not play some Space Panic today?
    • Golden Era Replay Page
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2018, 10:08:45 am »
Sorry i am new to this, i found the Christmas Remix rom but have had no luck finding the Spooky Remix Rom. If i am stupid tell me because i have looked everywhere on this forum and i have 20 years computer experience. If someone could link me or point me to the rom i'd appreciate it.

Not commenting on your intelligence, but the file is attached to this post:

https://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=2382.msg37025#msg37025
Member for 10 Years

Offline kucarachi

• Awards
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2018, 06:32:38 pm »
If you are talking about the very first post by Xelnia? the only thing that is even downloadable or able to select is the misfit mame set. Maybe my browser is blocking it but i don't see anything and i have 2tbs of hyperspin roms i've collected and put together. so im guessing it's in plain site or not showing up at all?
Member for 5 Years

Offline kucarachi

• Awards
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2018, 06:36:01 pm »
nevermind....fair enough the intelligence remarks but it was very tiny and hard to see...and i usually only hear that from my gf.  But it was there so thank you.
Member for 5 Years

Offline flippy

• Awards
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2019, 08:02:34 pm »
Any way to run the Remix on Open Emu? For iMac folk?

Member for 4 Years

Offline dnb642

• Awards
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2019, 10:55:37 pm »
Maybe its really a wish. I wish there was a simple, easy to install Kong dedicated MAME. A one-stop shop for all the kongs, and all the remixes that Sock chooses to release. And whatever brilliance Sock has yet to dazzle us with.

Thats what I was hoping for. And yes, you could just load only Kong roms into MAME. I just thought a Dedicated Kong MAME would be nice.

This is essentially what I'm doing.  I'm running Retropie on a Raspberry Pi 3 in a cabinet.  Retropie has an "Arcade" mode that allows you to run different emulators for the roms in the roms directory - eg, I can have dkongpe.zip (Pauline Edition) running under lr-mame2016 and have dkong.zip (Donkey Kong) running under advmame-1.4.  The only requirement is that each rom name has to be unique because they're all in the same directory.  This why I was asking my question about file names earlier.  I can't find an emulator that will run Spooky Remix under any other name except dkongx11.zip. (note: the emulator has to run under Retropie, not Windows for my setup).

Here's the games I have running so far and the emulator I'm using for them.  All on one cabinet.

dkong.zip         Donkey Kong (US Set 1)                   advmame-1.4
dkong3.zip       Donkey Kong 3 (US)                         advmame-1.4
dkongx11.zip    Donkey Kong Christmas Remix           lr-mame2016
dkongf.zip         Donkey Kong Foundry (Hack)             lr-mame2016
dkongx.zip        Donkey Kong II - Jumpman Returns    lr-mame2016
dkongjr.zip        Donkey Kong Junior (US)                   advmame-1.4
dkongpe.zip      Donkey Kong Pauline Edition              lr-mame2016

dkongx11.zip    Donkey Kong Spooky Remix              lr-mame2016   This is the problem.  It will run under lr-mame2016 easy enough but I can't do it because the filename is the same as Christmas Remix.

Hope that makes sense...

Sokratz

Hey Sokratz, did you ever figure out a solution to your problem (running DK Christmas and Spooky from the arcade folder)?  I have EXACTLY the same setup as you and found this post last night because I was having the same problem.  Based on the responses that you received, they were not understanding the problem but I was.  I do have a solution so if you still need it, please let m know and I will post it here.  It's late now and I'm too tired to type all that out.
Member for 4 Years