Author Topic: The arcade version of Donkey Kong has been rereleased through Arcade Archives  (Read 14201 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Ok, apparently they've also released Mario Bros, Vs. Super Mario Bros, and Punch Out!!  as well.
So what's left is
Arm Wrestling
Donkey Kong Junior
Donkey Kong 3
Popeye
Radar Scope
Sheriff
Space Firebird
Super Punch Out!!
All the other Vs. Games
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline mrvaya

• Awards
Played the game on the switch for the first time today. I am REALLY surprised how well it plays on the handheld!!!
Member for 10 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Grotto King

• Awards
That’s exactly how I feel. It’s responsive, where MAME can feel sluggish. A nice surprise!
Member for 5 Years

Offline Neekzz

• Awards
Game even lets you rotate when docked!
Member for 5 Years

Offline dnickolas

• Awards
Hating the joycons with it, so I’m gonna get a pro controller to have a shot at caravan.
Member for 8 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Bounty Bob

• Awards
Hating the joycons with it, so I’m gonna get a pro controller to have a shot at caravan.
Caravan mode is maddeningly addictive. I'm 3rd at the moment. Cleared rivets with 4400 on timer and kong was falling as the 5 minutes ran out, so the bonus didn't get added yet  <mad>.
Member for 8 Years DK Killscreener

Offline dnickolas

• Awards
Oh wow - yeah I want to figure out the necessary clear time to figure out if it's actually possible.

Offline dnickolas

• Awards
Ok clearing 3-4 is definitely possible, but I didn’t do it when I edged you out of third bob.

Kids are playing now so tonight I’ll get more chances to chase ethan and wes. Game on! :)

Offline dnickolas

• Awards
Good work bob - even my response came up short!

Offline Bounty Bob

• Awards
Good work bob - even my response came up short!
Thanks, I don't know if you've beaten me yet because I've been out for most of the afternoon. Kids in bed now, I I'll be trying to improve a bit later   :D

Offline Bounty Bob

• Awards
Have I finally figured out the best way to play DK on my Switch in portrait mode?  :D

Offline hooch66

• Personal Blog
    • Awards
Ha! Nice.

I prefer to play in handheld with the joycons attached. I don't really like playing with a joycon in each hand. 2nd preference is using the "pro" style configuration docked on the big tv.

Have I finally figured out the best way to play DK on my Switch in portrait mode?  :D

Member for 11 Years Blogger

Offline CaptainJivePants

• Teter
    • Awards
It was fun to be near the top for a little bit with a couple of half-butt efforts.  It's been fun to mess with some of the different versions and modes, and I have to say it feels very good and very accurate.  I look forward to playing more on the train, while pooping, and on stream.
DK Jr. - 818,900 (KS)
DK Jr. best first life - 714,700 (19-4)
APB - 215,074
Member for 9 Years DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
I look forward to playing more on the train, while pooping

gross
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline Bounty Bob

• Awards
Ha! Nice.

I prefer to play in handheld with the joycons attached. I don't really like playing with a joycon in each hand. 2nd preference is using the "pro" style configuration docked on the big tv.

Yeah, handheld with joy cons attached is my preference too. However, if I could find an easy way to rotate the TV...