Author Topic: New member, ISO DK cab in So ILL area, STL, Indianapolis,  (Read 2365 times)

Offline RedDawn

• Awards
Hello all. Finally made an account, ive been popping in and reading the forums from time to time over the last year or so. Ive watched King of Kong about 1000X over the years, always wanted to get a DK cab and now im finally pulling the trigger.

Of course ive been searching and searching and searching on eBay and Craigslist and Facebook marketplace (I did buy a Missile Command) and as far as DOnkey Kong goes its all filled with the clone cabs or cabs that have been gutted and replaced with 60-1 boards and LCD monitors that they're all trying to sell for like $2500. Ive found lots of other cool games, a couple good deals, but really wanting that DK.

I live in the Mt Vernon area of Southern Illinois, I can easily drive to  Springfield, Decatur, St Louis, Cape Girardeau, Evansville, Indianapolis, Paducah. Places like Nashville, Louisville, Chicago are a pretty good drive for me but i'll do it if necessary.  I only have a motorcycle and a Kia so I have to borrow a van, and because of that I cant be making any overnight trips so I cant go much further than about 300 miles, and that's pushing it.

Member for 5 Years

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
Re: New member, ISO DK cab in So ILL area, STL, Indianapolis,
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 04:40:00 am »
Welcome.  Create an account and look on KLOV which is an arcade restoration forum/marketplace.

https://forums.arcade-museum.com/

Good Luck
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline BillyGaines

• L=22
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 10:59:23 am »
Welcome!  I have found that obsessively looking at craigslist and offerup will pay off.  It might take 6 months or more but you will find a DK within your driving and price range.  KLOV (as someone already suggested) is also a great resource.  Keep looking.  Just when you think it's a lost cause one will pop up.  Good luck! 
"If at first you don't succeed then maybe you just suck." - Kenny Powers
Member for 10 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline YesAffinity

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 12:43:25 pm »
^ & ^^+1 for both of these.  KLOV will probably get you the best success, and prices are typically with the reasonable range.  Whereas CL, letgo, etc, expect them to start around $1000.

I found my blue (first) DK surprisingly easily, but when I was on the hunt for a candy cab, it took just about 6 moths of obsessive searching and not moving forward with at least one potentially shady deal.  But now I have 2 candy cabs...and 2 DK's.  ::)  The point is, persistence pays off.
Matthew 21:22

DK Arcade PB (verified): 970,200 KS
DK Start PB (verified): 126,600
DK L1-1 PB (verified): 11,400
DK PB 1st Man: 622,000

Donkey Kong Direct Feed How-To - http://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=1413.0
^Now outdated, see instead: http://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=2471.0
Member for 9 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline RedDawn

• Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 11:16:07 pm »
Cool. Yea I made an account with KLOV a few days before I made an account here. I put a similar post on that forum. Ive made 'WTB' listings on Craigslist and I think on FB marketplace. Wanted to put the message out there as much as I could to better my chances.

I really appreciate the welcome and the advice guys. I guess you might call me a 'fan' of some of you, I keep up with the cast of characters in the DK and classic arcade world anyway and am fascinated by everything surrounding the entire culture. Ive managed to correspond with a few record holders (pacman, missile command) before I got here, and then to be welcomed by some of you, I feel honored lol. Vincent LeMay and Wes Copeland have been some of my favorites, so coming here and seeing how active they are, as well as others, is awesome. Does <Roy> ever get on the forums or does he just stick to his website?

Anyway, as for my search for a DK cab, cash tends to burn a hole in my pocket so im hoping to get one soon, gonna be as persistent as I can with the knowledge I got.  It just sucks when I run into a Space Invaders or an Asteroids Deluxe for like $350 or so and cant pull the trigger on it cuz with my luck i'd get home with it that day and someone in the next town over will be selling an original DK.

If anyone that can help out runs across this my email is damiend9191@gmail.com 
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 11:19:37 pm by RedDawn »
Member for 5 Years

Offline RedDawn

• Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 01:24:20 pm »
I found one!!! Dude in Decatur gave me a call last night about a guy in Iowa. Left here at 1am, got there at 7 this morning, and just got back from along trip home. Looks to be in pretty good condition. The picture on the monitor looks phenomenal
Member for 5 Years

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 07:16:42 pm »
Congrats!  Post some pics when you've adequately recovered.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline JoshtheGamer

• Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 07:29:04 pm »
I found one!!! Dude in Decatur gave me a call last night about a guy in Iowa. Left here at 1am, got there at 7 this morning, and just got back from along trip home. Looks to be in pretty good condition. The picture on the monitor looks phenomenal

Nice! Kind of funny. I'm here in IA looking for a cab. Didn't see anything on craigslist in IA within 200 miles of me over the last few days. I did text someone with a 217 # (could be same guy in Decatur?) who buys/sells/trades to see if he had anything.

Congrats, looking forward to pics  :)
Twitch account: Retrogaming2084
Member for 6 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline BillyGaines

• L=22
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2018, 07:56:14 am »

Kongrats!  Get those pics uploaded.  It's time for you to get your Konging on!   <Allen> says lit. 
"If at first you don't succeed then maybe you just suck." - Kenny Powers
Member for 10 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer