Author Topic: What's the TG Donkey Kong champion chronology now?  (Read 6514 times)

Online homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
What's the TG Donkey Kong champion chronology now?
« on: April 12, 2018, 05:47:32 am »
Just a question, but whose the new 80s Donkey Kong champion now, and how does the chronology look like now?
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
Re: What's the TG Donkey Kong champion chronology now?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 04:00:09 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think taking his three faked post-2000 scores out of the database will actually cause physical changes to the spacetime continuum.
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Online homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 04:10:57 pm »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think taking his three faked post-2000 scores out of the database will actually cause physical changes to the spacetime continuum.
They removed all of his scores.  I'm saying according to Twin Galaxies.

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 04:23:43 pm »
^ that badge will be mine
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 Submit a score for every DK3 track DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline ChrisP

• Spring Jumper
  • I'm going to jump next to your leg.
    • Donkey Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 04:56:09 pm »
Yer, I was being snarky with you George, but what I'm getting at is, removing all of a player's scores doesn't constitute TG taking a position that NONE of the player's scores ever happened.

When it comes to Wiebe being the first million, that had to be said because the specific submission in question (the 1.047) was invalidated. That's not so much a rewrite of history as it is an acknowledgment that Steve's score was indeed the first "real" million point game.

However, the 874K from 1982 is still considered legitimate. It just had to be removed based on TG's "remove one, remove them all" policy.
http://donkeykongblog.blogspot.com

4 Quarters :-* - 800K Avg. Per Qtr. :o - No Restarts 8) - No Proof :'(

7/26/2013   Coin 35,946   710,800   18-1
7/28/2013   Coin 35,947   903,700   22-1
8/16/2013   Coin 35,948   694,100   17-6
8/17/2013   Coin 35,949   893,100   22-1

3,201,700: the $1 World Record?
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D DKJR Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener CK Killscreener

Online homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 07:54:59 pm »
^ that badge will be mine
Uhm huh, maybe if Donkey Kong 3 was an actual rip off of Galaga, you'd have a chance.  <stirpot>

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 08:11:25 pm »
maybe if Donkey Kong 3 was an actual rip off of Galaga...

it is
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 Submit a score for every DK3 track DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Online homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 01:18:59 am »
maybe if Donkey Kong 3 was an actual rip off of Galaga...

it is
And that right there is why you'll never beat my record.  Donkey Kong's nuts to your head say otherwise. <stirpot>

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 01:51:17 am »
...why you'll never beat my record

who says i haven’t

Offline Rev John

• Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 04:34:37 am »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donkey_Kong_high_score_competition

And I believe my southern hemisphere Bro is capable of anything
DK PB: 219,500 (MAME 7/10/19)
CK (RU): 140,200 (27/3/2018)
First person to score 500,000+ points on Atari 2600 Berzerk
Member for 6 Years

Online homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 04:55:48 am »
...why you'll never beat my record

who says i haven’t
Because you don't enjoy the game enough.  The boredom that creeps into your mind is your enemy.  Yeah, I could see you beating my hardest settings score, but I don't see hardest, medium, or easy.   My hard, and medium scores are my crowning achievement, and no you haven't.  No way on earth you've done that so quick.  You'd have to get past the repetitive blue screen, and that's another journey all together.

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 05:22:57 am »
The boredom that creeps into your mind is your enemy. 

He just played like 3 straight days of Galaga.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2018, 05:26:42 am »
 ROFL
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Online homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2018, 05:40:14 am »
The boredom that creeps into your mind is your enemy. 

He just played like 3 straight days of Galaga.
But Barra seems to really like Galaga, and there was $10k on the line, plus he had one on one competition.  So there are variables that are not present for my record.  Yeah, I can see him beating anyone of my five man records though.  So I'll give him that.

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Offline bensweeneyonbass

• Dong Face Killer
    • Boooooring!
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2018, 05:44:17 am »
Aside from Griley's hair being REAL, we've seen similar puffery before from CAG record holders Kappa
Member for 8 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer