Author Topic: Who's going to Funspot?  (Read 12884 times)

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: Who's going to Funspot?
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2013, 11:11:28 am »
Nice Robbie! When you move back, tell me what's the condition of the DK machine, just to make sure it's playable.

Scott and Roger, looking forward to meeting you as well!

And I don't know if I'll play Donkey Kong. I think it would be cool to get the record during the tournament week-end (friday to sunday). And if I'm able to play without recording (and still be verified as an official score even without the recording), then I could spend some days before or after Funspot tournament to try to get the record.

I think I should try the week after the Funspot tournament. Because Hank will probably pump me up during the week-end by saying:"Hey Vincent! How are you doing King of Kong?... oh, I forgot, you didn't beat me, I'm still the real King of Kong. It's getting old, being the champion for 3 years, and nobody is even able to come even close of my score. If someone came like 2,600 short of my score, there would be some competition for the record, but right now, I don't have any competition. I guess there's just a certain level of difference between people"
1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

RogerChampagne

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2013, 07:32:05 pm »
well i look foraward to meeting you guys and im going to funspot tomorrow to get some practice in and vincent the machine is in good shape been playing there once a week for the last month trying to improve my skills..... so i can look like i know what im doing ;D

Offline ebinsugewa

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2013, 09:25:32 pm »
Nice Robbie! When you move back, tell me what's the condition of the DK machine, just to make sure it's playable.

I'm certainly not a competitor by any stretch, but I have owned a cab in the past. I was there a few months ago and it seemed perfect.
we're in the yellow pages under 'spatulas'
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member

lakeman421

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2013, 11:49:20 pm »
The machine there is usually is great working condition.  I know the mechanic very well and if that machine isnt working well, he is on top of it since that is their most popular machine on that floor.  Vincent if you stay that week after we can hang out there for sure after the tournament.  But while youre there I would recommend trying out as many games as you can since the games they have at Funspot are almost impossible to find anywhere else.  I'm going to play Turtles and make Mark jealous.

Offline ebinsugewa

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2013, 12:24:08 am »
But while youre there I would recommend trying out as many games as you can since the games they have at Funspot are almost impossible to find anywhere else.

This is excellent advice. I couldn't agree with this more. I've found some of my favorite games there and only there.
we're in the yellow pages under 'spatulas'
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2013, 06:53:36 am »
But while youre there I would recommend trying out as many games as you can since the games they have at Funspot are almost impossible to find anywhere else.

Nah. I don't really want to play games for fun. If I play, I'll just want to play Donkey Kong. One does not simply play other games when they can get a better DK high score!

But it's cool to see that the DK machine is in good shape. I might consider spending few days there, I don't know, I'll have to speak to my boss at the job.
1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

RogerChampagne

« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2013, 06:22:45 pm »
hey lakeman aka rob i drank a few beers today at funspot with your old friend mike oniel and put up a score of 445,100.  he wanted me to tell you that your a tool jk ;D

lakeman421

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2013, 09:25:40 pm »
Lol I figured he would say something along those lines.  My buddy Alex said he met up with you.  I'll be back in a few weeks, we will have to meet up.

Offline Bliss1083

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2013, 04:22:21 pm »
If I go I'll be the one with the backwards hat because like stalone on over the top it's like a switch and that's when I play my best donkey kong when I turn it backwards. Lol. Just playing but I'd be wearing my lucky notre dame hat if I did go.
Donkey kong  arcade 867,000 kill screen
Donkey kong arcade 1-1 12,800 12,200 12,100 and 12,000
Donkey kong end of level 4 132k
working on my hello kitty island adventure skills
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

RogerChampagne

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2013, 06:43:17 pm »
Lol I figured he would say something along those lines.  My buddy Alex said he met up with you.  I'll be back in a few weeks, we will have to meet up.

yea will have to meet up and have a few beers and play some donkey kong.  mike said your pretty good at it, maybe u can get me past my 450,000 mark and get me to a KS would be nice.

lakeman421

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2013, 11:14:08 pm »
Yeah sounds good.  I am always willing to give pointers.  I typically take beer for compensation  ;D

RogerChampagne

« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2013, 09:26:19 pm »
couple weeks till funspots classic arcade turn e lol ;) hope to see u all there

Offline Bliss1083

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2013, 03:44:11 pm »
What's the closest airport?
Donkey kong  arcade 867,000 kill screen
Donkey kong arcade 1-1 12,800 12,200 12,100 and 12,000
Donkey kong end of level 4 132k
working on my hello kitty island adventure skills
Member for 11 Years DKJR Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

jay195

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2013, 05:25:20 am »
it"s funny I came across this post, I was at funspot 3 weeks ago and ran over to the dk machine and happened to be the first game I played when I arrived there. I pulled up a seat and started playing, not 5 minutes into my first-time game I go to jump a barrel and the button pops right out of the cpo, I could not believe it, the entire day playing dk with a messed up jump button, I am sure it has been fixed by now, but was surprised at how some of thier machines were in such poor condition. my friend played mr do and the entire cpo was loose on the left side of the cpo. we still had a blast for the time that we spent, but was upset that they only had one machine of each game there. I will definitly be visiting again before summers end

Offline muscleandfitness

• Pie Kicker
  • Elite Member
  • Wall jump WR Holder x3
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2013, 06:26:48 am »
All going good i will be attending Fun spot in Nov before the Kong off yer buddy with Steve grunberger.
59 wall jumps new world record on mame
55 wall jumps on a cab New World Record
longest convener ride in dk history New World Record
World Record for standing behind oil can until end of lev
A Reverse finish on Rivet  board. 12 ks's HS 992900
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer