Author Topic: Who's going to Funspot?  (Read 12880 times)

hchien

Who's going to Funspot?
« on: April 10, 2013, 07:14:16 pm »
I will be going but don't plan on playing any "serious" DK.  I'm severely out of shape, so even if I wanted to I don't think I could pull anything off.  Fortunately busy season for plastic surgery is coming to a close so I may get back into the swing of things soon.  I also need to get my CP fixed.  A pin from the wiring harness broke off during my flight back from KO2, so I need to get that fixed (yes I really haven't played since KO2).

I like going mainly to hang out with the New England crew, watching the competition, and playing some games I don't have access to/never seen before.

Anyone planning on playing some serious DK?

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
Re: Who's going to Funspot?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 07:33:01 pm »
I'll be there.  I have no idea what I'll be playing.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 07:39:12 pm »
Anyone planning on playing some serious DK?

It depends if you consider just beating 1,139,600 as "playing some serious DK".  ;D

Personally, good chances are that I will be coming (busy season for work at the gym center is coming to a close during the summer, kindda like Hank! lol. So day off are easily allowed during the summer).

I would enjoy spending few days there, and maybe try to get some good games going on Donkey Kong, I don't know (it depends if the machine is in good shape, and if a bunch of people want to play also).

Nothing's 100% certain for me, but it would be cool to see if other DK players are coming!

1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline ebinsugewa

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 08:50:41 pm »
I went for a day last year, planning to stay longer this time.
we're in the yellow pages under 'spatulas'
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member

lakeman421

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2013, 12:26:42 am »
I'm a local, so I have no excuses to not be there.  I've enjoyed the past couple years at the tourney hanging out and meeting up with friends.  Not sure what day or days, but I will be there at some point.  Maybe get some serious DK games in but we will see.

RogerChampagne

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2013, 05:59:04 am »
I'm def going if you havent read my post  before and going to try to play some serious dk and try to get my first kill screen there unless it happens before then i hope to see you all there.. u  better be there lakeman if your a locale like me.. i only live like 35 min away by newfound lake im assuming your over by the squams.. and just to let that other guy kno i was there last weekend and the machine is in good shape found nothing wrong with it besides to many wild barrels ;)

V3rby

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2013, 06:35:24 am »
i can't tell how much i'd like to go to funspot =D

but its bit far away for a roadtrip, almost 4000 miles to be exact =D

and the atlantic ocean would be a bit tricky to cross =D

lakeman421

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 08:58:16 am »
Hey Roger, i actually live in Concord, but my grandparents live in Gilford which is about 15 minutes away so i stay with them.  I look forward to meeting some new faces!

RogerChampagne

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 09:42:17 am »
well i look forward to meeting you all there and getting some pointers off you guys so i can be the new world record holder with in the next year or two  ;) and the first round of brewskies are on me vince, hank, lakeman, and anyone else  ;D on this forum that shows up.

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 09:46:54 am »
well i look forward to meeting you all there and getting some pointers off you guys so i can be the new world record holder with in the next year or two  ;) and the first round of brewskies are on me vince, hank, lakeman, and anyone else  ;D on this forum that shows up.

My first round typically consists of 3 beers.  Especially around tournament time....
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 10:33:06 am »
and the first round of brewskies are on me vince, hank, lakeman, and anyone else  ;D on this forum that shows up.

Could I have raw eggs instead? lol. I don't drink. I don't smoke. I don't do drugs... I play Dhunkay Khang!
1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

RogerChampagne

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 03:48:37 am »
i guess i can bring some eggs i got 7 chickens.. they will be fresh from there ass and 3 beers geez will see about that lol ;)

hchien

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2013, 06:09:18 am »
Robbie, I thought you were in AZ.  When did you move back?

I'm going to have to get back into shape if Vince decides to come... I know he will challenge me to DK.  It's OK, I'll have my gf revenge him for me on Centipede.

Roger, I look forward to meeting you.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 06:31:56 am by hchien »

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2013, 08:46:26 am »

I haven't decided, but I could very well be there.  If I do show up, I'll be easy to recognize.  Just look for a middle-aged individual, wandering around in an apparent state of confusion, mumbling incoherently to himself or yelling at young kids, "Don't touch that!  You're gonna break something!"

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

lakeman421

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2013, 08:59:01 am »
I am actually moving back to NH in a couple weeks for a new job.  That will get me enough time to practice on the "Possessed" machine before the tournament.  If there is a free beer for me there, then I feel like it is already a successful weekend.