Author Topic: Do I have the record for most unintentional level 21 deaths with no killscreen?  (Read 2312 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
So far I have been to level 21 twice, and twice I failed to reach the killscreen.  Both times I actually wanted to reach the killscreen, but failed.  So I was wondering.  Is this some sort of record?  I know McCurdy intentionally died on the rivet level a few times, but that's an intentional level 21 death.   I was wondering if anyone else has gone through this?

And just to make things clearer, I am talking about most unintentional level 21 deaths with never having reached the killscreen in their lives.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 04:47:45 am by homerwannabee »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline bensweeneyonbass

• Dong Face Killer
    • Boooooring!
    • Awards
I like this idea, but when it comes down to it, you'd be hard-pressed to "prove" that your deaths weren't intentional.

I believe that you were trying to reach the kill screen, but awarding a record for something that can't really be objectively proven is a slippery slope. Or maybe it's a cliff. Don't jump off the cliff, Griley...
Member for 8 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline BillyGaines

• L=22
    • Awards
I will go back and check my L=21 pre kill screen fails.  One week before the big day I had a brutal game ender on 21-6.  I know there were a ton of L=20+ fails before the KS.  A week after my first KS I went out on 21-5 playing live.  Donkey Kong can be a real SOB sometimes.  <Allen> called me a few times to talk me off the DK ledge after a few of those heartbreaking games. 
"If at first you don't succeed then maybe you just suck." - Kenny Powers
Member for 10 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer