Author Topic: Donkey Kong 3 Arcade is now a collectible  (Read 8713 times)

Online homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Donkey Kong 3 Arcade is now a collectible
« on: December 10, 2017, 05:00:17 am »
I don't know if some of you remember, but a few years back I went on this forum, and I went on the CAG forum.  I tried my best to give away my Donkey Kong 3 machine for free.  Yeah, it had a couple of problems, but no wanted it for free.  No one wanted to pick it up for free.  I was the World Record holder as well.  Now flash forward to present day, and I see people going gagga over getting a Donkey Kong 3 Arcade machine.  Some people actually calling it their holy grail.  My thought of course was:

Where on earth were you guys when I wanted to give my machine away for free?
By the way I was able to finally give away my machine, but it was only because the guy who took it from me was going to turn it into a Donkey Kong machine.  I had actually written my high score on the machine with my autograph.  The guy when taking away the machine actually commented, what's that writing on the side?  I said, "It's nothing, just me writing down a high score of mine."

Yeah, this was one of my top two worst Donkey Kong 3 memories.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 05:03:29 am by homerwannabee »
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: Donkey Kong 3 Arcade is now a collectible
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 08:51:25 am »
Your PCB lives on as one of the 4 boarsets in my Pauline Edition DK.

I would have saved that machine had it not been 2200 miles round trip to get it.
Member for 11 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 01:59:39 pm »
Why were you giving it away?
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Online homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 04:24:02 pm »
Why were you giving it away?
At the time I knew I was behind of my rent, and I didn't want to get into a situation where I was trashing the Arcade machine because I had to clear the premises at the last second.  I'd rather give something away for free than to trash it.  I'd rather it turned into a Donkey Kong machine than to ever trash it.  By the way, I'm glad the PCB did find a good home.  8)
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener CK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener