Author Topic: DK Remix Christmas Tournament 2017  (Read 47724 times)

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
DK Remix Christmas Tournament 2017
« on: December 02, 2017, 01:23:06 pm »

DK Remix Christmas Tournament 2017

Tournament Registration
Score Submission
Leaderboard
Time Remaining

Welcome to another Donkey Kong online tournament !!!!

Sock Master has created a special Christmas-themed version of his DK Remix, and we're having a tournament to celebrate! There's no reason the Allen Off should take up all the holiday fun!

Arcade players: Please use your DK Remix v1.01 kits on the settings given below.

MAME players: The romset is available! It replaces dkongx11.zip (D2K version 1.1) and should be run from the command line. If you're not comfortable with the command line, you'll need to download MisfitMAME 0.128 and rename the romset from dkongx11.zip to d2k11.zip. While not required, it is highly recommended that you record and save INPs of your games.

IMPORTANT NOTE: For anyone who is submitting a score for one of the top prizes or bounties, you must submit a valid stream as per the rules below. I will not accept pictures, photos, witnesses or anything else like that to take the place of a valid stream. It is your responsibility to make sure your stream is working properly, is available for me to review, and that the game settings are correct.  Thank you for understanding.

Dates:
Start Time: December 16, 2017 12:00 AM Pacific Time
End Time: December 31, 2017 11:59 PM Pacific time
Entry Fee: FREE!

Competition Settings:
Starting Lives: 5
Difficulty: Normal
Bonus: @15k
Additional Bonus: Every 150k

Prizes
1st place: $100 + a DK Remix t-shirt
2nd place: $75
3rd place: $50
4th place: $25

Bounties
$75 + a DK Remix t-shirt for the first player to reach the killscreen (you only need to reach the first barrel board of Level 22). THIS BOUNTY IS CLAIMED.
$75 + a DK Remix t-shirt for the first player to reach 1,000,000 points.
$50 + a DK Remix t-shirt for highest Bonus (2000, 3000, 4000, etc.) at the end of a Bonus stage. CURRENT HIGHEST CLAIM: 7000

NOTE: Ties always go to the first person who claimed the bounty
NOTE: Prizes and bounties might change in the future

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The current rankings for the contest will be posted in a shared google document located at the link below:

DK Remix Christmas Tournament 2017 Leaderboard

IMPORTANT: The rules for the contest are laid out below. Please read through all of the rules carefully. Jeremy has the right to immediately reject any score submission if these rules are not followed as outlined below. ***NO EXCEPTIONS***

Registration
- Players MUST register in order to compete. However, registration will be OPEN during the entirety of the contest.
- Any contestant may register for this contest, it is open to any person on this planet that plays Donkey Kong no matter what your skill level may be!!!
- In order to register, simply click on the following link and submit your information: REGISTRATION IS CLOSED

Stream Setup
- All contestants are required to live stream their games on Twitch. (NO EXCEPTIONS FOR ANY REASON).
- Contestants are solely responsible for setting up their stream.
- Contestant’s stream quality must be sharp enough to read the level and score at a glance (as well as the rest of the game play).  If there is ANY question of score and level due to bad quality stream, that submission will be rejected, instantly, with no exceptions. I suggest that you test your streams and check them from time to time to make sure they are working correctly.
- Streams which are partial, glitchy, edited or manipulated in any way will be rejected.
- Streams must have sound enabled. We must be able to hear the contestant's voice and the game sounds.
- Streams must be available for review on the contestants registered streaming channel.  If for ANY reason the stream is not available for review on the contestant’s registered channel, the submission will be rejected.  NO EXCEPTIONS.

Game Submissions
- In order to submit a score, simply click on the following link: SCORE SUBMISSION IS CLOSED
- Contestant is solely responsible for submitting their own scores.
- Standard DK Remix arcade v1.01 or DK Remix Christmas MAME romset can both be used for score submissions.
- Score submissions can be for any non-zero score.
- At the start of EACH new stream, contestant must state their full name.
- The entire game must be played only by the registered contestant who is identified at the beginning of the game.
- Bounties
   * Contestant is solely responsible for specifying which bounty they want to claim when they submit a score.
   * A contestant can only be paid for a maximum of 1 bounty for any one contest.
   * If a submitted game qualifies for more than 1 bounty, the contestant is solely responsible for specifying which bounty they are claiming and they can only claim a single bounty (and the refs will consider only the specified bounty for the score submission). For example, if I have a game where I am the first to a million points and a kill screen, I claim the million point bounty and the kill screen bounty remains open for other contestants to claim.
   * If a contestant tries to claim a bounty however is not awarded that bounty for some reason (i.e., they were incorrect about the bounty or another contestant's score submission invalidates their bounty claim), the contestant may try to claim another bounty on one of their next score submissions.
   * Bounties are considered in the order in which the score submissions are received.
   * Please remember that the bounty system was introduced for fun and to spread around some extra money to the contestants. Any disputes over the bounties will be settled accordingly by Jeremy, JC, and/or John.
- Jeremy will be validating all scores and reserve the right to reject any score for any reason.
- Games started before the official contest start time (no matter how close to the official contest start time) will not be eligible.
- Games started after the official contest end time (no matter how close to the official contest end time) will not be eligible.
- Last game can be started any time before the official contest end time (no matter how close to the official contest end time).
- Scores can be submitted up until 4 hours past the official contest end time.
- You cannot use save/load states, continues or any other types of cheats/tricks.

Prize Payouts
- Prize money will be issued in the exact amount stated, ONLY to the registered contestant.
- Prize money will be sent via PayPal or sent via U.S. post in the form of a registered money order, or check ONLY to the registered contestant.
- If the contestant rejects the prize acceptance guidelines, listed above, or chooses not to accept the prize, that prize will be dropped.

Closing Remarks
- Please remember, at the end of the day, this is for fun and to keep the community together.  Anyone who does not follow the rules, cheats, etc, will be removed from the contest, and possibly banned from all future contests.
- Good luck to all contestants !!!

Registered Players: 41
Jeff Harrist - twitch.tv/jcharrist
Jeremy Young - twitch.tv/xelnia_games
Daniel Desjardins - twitch.tv/danman123456
John Kowalski - twitch.tv/sock__master
Daniel Larsen - twitch.tv/dalar75
Ethan Daniels - twitch.tv/f_symbols
Tim Kreh - twitch.tv/krehztim
Jason Horner - twitch.tv/gettysburg1863
John McNeill - twitch.tv/mrbumpnjump
Michael Kibbey - twitch.tv/kingkibbey
James Magowan - twitch.tv/qaop_spaceman
Andrew Barrow - twitch.tv/barranz
Aaron Truitt - twitch.tv/aarontruitt
Tanner Fokkens - twitch.tv/expandedidea
Chris Gleed - twitch.tv/yesaffinity
Jason Wade - twitch.tv/jwade614
Vincent Cote - twitch.tv/leejunfan777
Shane Sawle - twitch.tv/twitchshane
Pieter Santy - ???
Nina Haigh - twitch.tv/blackraven1515
Dustin Myers - twitch.tv/tiptoparcade81
Kristian Telschow - twitch.tv/shnypz
James King - twitch.tv/jameskingjam
Graham Hawkins - twitch.tv/stormdata
Karsten Kühl - twitch.tv/mrvaya
Mark Phelan - twitch.tv/phelanmarkj
Kris Gack - twitch.tv/gackattackkris
Antonio Jimenez - twitch.tv/netcat2003
Chris Teter - twitch.tv/captainjivepants
Todd Lalonde - twitch.tv/toddlalonde
Darryl Guenther - twitch.tv/darryl1970
Katie Young - twitch.tv/alumbrada
Jacob Ashley - twitch.tv/thewoodenarcade
Chris Psaros - twitch.tv/chrisp_kreme
Mathew McGill - twitch.tv/gillkong
John Clemens - twitch.tv/frostrocket
Jeremy Price - twitch.tv/Duaber
Allen Staal - twitch.tv/muscleandfitness
Estel Goffinet - twitch.tv/dk_madness
Dean Saglio - twitch.tv/up2ng
Chris Icenhour - twitch.tv/realabruzzi

Banned Players:
Jason Corey Brittain
« Last Edit: April 02, 2018, 07:36:48 pm by xelnia »
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
Re: DK Remix Christmas Tournament 2017
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2017, 04:36:57 pm »
Oh my word : o
Member for 11 Years Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Sock Master

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 08:43:12 am »
Here's a little preview of what's in store for the Donkey Kong Remix Christmas Tournament!

(edit)
And here's video of the gameplay:
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 01:37:44 pm by Sock Master »
"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"
Member for 8 Years snek Twitch Streamer

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 08:49:27 am »

Not enough  Kreygasm to express the  Kreygasm
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 09:37:07 am »
Good heavens!

The coal oil barrel!
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 10:02:07 am »
holy sht
Member for 11 Years DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Jonesy

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 10:38:45 am »
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 11:22:16 am »
What a time to be alive BibleThump

So good
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline YesAffinity

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 01:17:30 pm »
This is exciting!  I just started giving Remix some serious attention a couple weeks ago when some buddies were over, and we ended up investing quite a bit of time into it.  Gotta say, I love it.

@ SM, post #3, is there an update we can do to our kits to get those screens onto our boards?  :)

Now I just gotta figure out how to stream video from my red cab/4-board stack... (1st world problems)
Matthew 21:22

DK Arcade PB (verified): 970,200 KS
DK Start PB (verified): 126,600
DK L1-1 PB (verified): 11,400
DK PB 1st Man: 622,000

Donkey Kong Direct Feed How-To - http://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=1413.0
^Now outdated, see instead: http://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=2471.0
Member for 9 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Sock Master

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 04:17:22 pm »
This is exciting!  I just started giving Remix some serious attention a couple weeks ago when some buddies were over, and we ended up investing quite a bit of time into it.  Gotta say, I love it.

@ SM, post #3, is there an update we can do to our kits to get those screens onto our boards?  :)

Now I just gotta figure out how to stream video from my red cab/4-board stack... (1st world problems)

It's possible in theory but it would require also replacing nine other chips on the main PCB.  Maybe by next Christmas if there's interest, I could come up with a simpler way to implement it.
"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinkin' badges!"

Offline YesAffinity

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 04:35:07 pm »
Haha, no worries.  I didn't think it was a reality, but would be fun if easily doable.  Either way, looking forward to this....been too long since a DKOO!
Matthew 21:22

DK Arcade PB (verified): 970,200 KS
DK Start PB (verified): 126,600
DK L1-1 PB (verified): 11,400
DK PB 1st Man: 622,000

Donkey Kong Direct Feed How-To - http://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=1413.0
^Now outdated, see instead: http://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=2471.0
Member for 9 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Delusional29

• Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 02:46:15 pm »
Looks great!

D
Member for 7 Years

Offline Sock Master

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2017, 02:53:38 pm »
Alright everybody, it's here!  The romset for the DK Remix Christmas Tournament is ready!

Register for the tournament HERE!

Get the romset and copy it into MAME's roms directory.
MAME does not directly support this game so we have to do a little workaround to play because MAME's GUI will not start the game.  Here's the workaround:

Just run MAME from the command prompt.  If you're not familiar with the command prompt, you can call it up by going into Windows' start menu and searching for and running the program "cmd".

In the command prompt window, type:
cd\folder\mame       (replace "folder\mame\etc..." with the filepath to your MAME folder)

Then to run the game itself, type something like:
mame dkongx11 -window    (replace "mame" with "mame64" or whatever if your MAME executable is named differently.  remove "-window" if you want the game to play full screen.)

And that's it.  The game should be running!

If that's too confusing (someone else may explain better than me!), the game will run normally from MisfitMAME's user interface (version 0.128 confirmed)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 05:53:01 pm by Sock Master »

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2017, 03:19:29 pm »
Alright everybody, it's here!  The romset for the DK Remix Christmas Tournament is ready!

Register for the tournament HERE!

Get the romset below and copy it into MAME's roms directory.
MAME does not directly support this game so we have to do a little workaround to play because MAME's GUI will not start the game.  Here's the workaround:

Just run MAME from the command prompt.  If you're not familiar with the command prompt, you can call it up by going into Windows' start menu and searching for and running the program "cmd".

In the command prompt window, type:
cd\folder\mame       (replace "folder\mame\etc..." with the filepath to your MAME folder)

Then to run the game itself, type something like:
mame dkongx11 -window    (replace "mame" with "mame64" or whatever if your MAME executable is named differently.  remove "-window" if you want the game to play full screen.)

And that's it.  The game should be running!

If that's too confusing (someone else may explain better than me!), the game will run normally from MisfitMAME's user interface (version 0.128 confirmed)

I can confirm it works with the MisfitMAME 0.128 GUI. However, you will need to rename the romset from dkongx11 to d2k11. If using regular MAME, leave it as dkongx11 (and for both, make sure you have dkong.zip as well).
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 10:58:24 pm by xelnia »
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2017, 04:02:49 pm »
 BibleThump
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer