Author Topic: Will a woman ever killscreen Donkey Kong?  (Read 8552 times)

Offline dd0ck

• Awards
Re: Will a woman ever killscreen Donkey Kong?
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2013, 01:59:15 pm »
I think you can really only answer this question as a probability.  I don't think, it's absolutely yes, or absolutely no.

I happen to be in a unique situation, having the top female DK player play in my house.

If she were to make adjustments, she obviously could make it.  But you could say that about anybody!

What would you say the probability of a random DK player to hit killscreen? 1% (Obviously too high, but let's go with that.)

And there are a handful of women playing DK seriously, let's say 10 serious players (again, probably high, but let's go with that).

That's not boding well for a potential killscreener out of a pool that small.  You would expect the size of the pool to hit 100 before you got 1--and like I said, that 1% is pretty damn high, keeping in mind how small the number of killscreeners was just a few years ago.

I love DK, but I also know that it won't be the game du jour forever.  So if this resurgence of DK popularity has only garnered a small population of serious female DK players, I can only assume that it will just dwindle over time.  So ten serious female players is the upper limit.

Given that, the EV of a female kilscreener is about 1/10--a long shot.  And if DK fades in popularity the chances get smaller and smaller.

So you could easily say "no" and be right.  But there's no downside in saying yes, because if they don't do it, you're never really wrong.  And you look more optimistic.  And if they do it, you get to say, "Told ya!"

So, I'm going to say.  Hell yes!  A hot chick will killscreen sooner than you think!!!
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline marky_d

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2013, 02:08:43 pm »
I think it will just take one player to take it seriously for a little while and stick to it. Who will it be? I think the first one will be big news!
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1.1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DKJR World Record Holder - Arcade DKJR Killscreener Twitch Streamer

corey.chambers

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2013, 04:11:52 pm »
If a woman can max out at 999,999 on tetris, then a woman can killscreen donkey kong. :)