Author Topic: Welcome to DKF!  (Read 177976 times)

corey.chambers

Re: Welcome to DKF!
« Reply #90 on: August 02, 2013, 06:39:21 am »
I just talked with the gentleman on youtube that got over 1.2M points on DK on the DK64.
He said that he has gotten up to 900K with 6 killscreens on mame. I invited him to the forum and to participate in our upcoming tournament. If you have the chance maybe connect with him on youtube and hopefully we will be seeing his post in this thread very soon.

donkey kong 1,222,900 millions, DK64 version, dk arcade, nintendo 64

hchien

« Reply #91 on: August 02, 2013, 10:06:30 am »
Hey Corey, I've chatted with that guy before.  He commented on a few of my youtube videos way back when.  He's been following the DK thing for a while and is pretty aware of the "scene."  I hope he'll join us.

As for 1.2M on that version, seems incredible.  I assume there's no killscreen?

corey.chambers

« Reply #92 on: August 02, 2013, 11:03:17 am »
I have played this version, but not competitively. As far as I know, this guy has the highest score and it did not reach a killscreen. But there are some interesting differences. The N64 version does not have barrel control, and levels 5+ still have type 2 wild barrels. He says that there are some safe spots on the barrel board where you will never get killed by one of these wild barrels. This means that they are pre-programed and are not influenced by Mario's position. Once a fireball is smashed with the hammer on the pie factory, it will not respawn. Fireballs on any board can go up and down all ladders at will, even coming down from the kong conveyor, or rising as high as pauline on the barrel board. The range that one can hit a firefox or fireball is much larger, sometimes just next to it will cause a smash. The jump over to the small platform on the spring board needs to be more precise, there is a larger margin of error but mario's ascending and descending speed on ladders is about equal to his left and right movements, making it easier to time the springs or escape a fireball/firefox. The lower conveyor does not change direction when kong reaches the far left edge of his conveyor, rather the change in direction seems to be a set time integral that does not correlate with kong at all. I have thought about learning and streaming some attempts to get familiar with it.

Offline up2ng

• Awards
« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2013, 01:27:57 pm »
Just from watching a few seconds of that Youtube clip, one glaring difference is that the Bonus begins at 9000 and ticks down very slowly.  There seem to be a ton of other differences too, just another bad port of a good arcade game.
Donkey Kong:  1,206,800  Kill Screen
Donkey Kong:  898,600     16-5
D2K:                 380,200     L=9
Donkey Kong Junior:  In Progress
Member for 11 Years DK 1.2M Point Scorer Winner of a community event Wildcard Rematch Champion Blogger Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Former DK No-Hammer World Record Holder DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK World Record Holder - MAME DK 1M Point Scorer Individual Board Record Holder Twitch Streamer

corey.chambers

« Reply #94 on: August 02, 2013, 03:31:15 pm »
Yeah, I noticed the time issue as well. I just played it up to 497,000, and seems to be an interesting work up of the game but just not what we would call "good", lol :P

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: August 02, 2013, 09:53:04 pm »
I met some more DK players while practicing DKJr at Rusty Quarters tonight! One was a guy named Alex who's PB was around 450k something, and one was a girl named Andy who said her PB was around 350k. They said they have a machine at their house, so I told them all about the KO2 and the WCRs that they could play in if they get a webcam and stream. I also told them about DKF, so hopefully they remember to check it all out! It'd be cool to have another girl in the community that is a 300k+ player!
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Munteanfo

« Reply #96 on: August 30, 2013, 04:52:40 pm »
Hi Everybody!

Well, my name is Alexandra and I'm pretty new in the world of Donkey Kong. Obviously, my ultimate goal is to get a Kill Screen. I love DK ( for the moment at least) and I'm really determinate to be the first women to get a Kill Screen. However, I'm new for the moment so I have to practice and be patient!

And I want to beat Hank's girlfriend by 2,700 points. Yer buddy!

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: August 30, 2013, 04:59:26 pm »
Hi Everybody!

Well, my name is Alexandra and I'm pretty new in the world of Donkey Kong. Obviously, my ultimate goal is to get a Kill Screen. I love DK ( for the moment at least) and I'm really determinate to be the first women to get a Kill Screen. However, I'm new for the moment so I have to practice and be patient!

And I want to beat Hank's girlfriend by 2,700 points. Yer buddy!

Wow... a girl that wants to get a Donkey Kong kill screen AND kick Hank's ass (kindda)... you're the perfect girl! I wish I had a girlfriend like you!  ;)
1) World Record of the most insults received by a plastic surgeon - 3752

2:World Record of the most Check Man games played - 6 (tied with Hank Chien)
Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

hchien

« Reply #98 on: August 30, 2013, 06:10:03 pm »
Vincent read carefully.  She wants to beat Hank's girlfriend not Hank.

Vincent Lemay English strikes again.

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: August 30, 2013, 06:37:58 pm »
That's why I said "(kindda)". Hank Chien Reading strikes again.

And recently, she got very close to a kill screen and it was AT LEAST a 920k+ kill screen pace. Unfortunately, she died 4 times on the same board and ended at 32k on stage 4. Trust my maths on that.

Member for 11 Years Blogger DK 1.1M Point Scorer DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Former DK Level 1-1 World Record Holder Twitch Streamer

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #100 on: August 30, 2013, 06:49:43 pm »
Vincent Lemay English strikes again.

Trust my maths on that.

"Lemaythématiques 101a" and "Vincenglish 101b", a pair of overpriced self-improvement seminars, even with the online 2-for-1 special (just enter the promotional code YOLO on the confirmation page).

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2013, 06:59:53 pm »
Lemaythématiques 101a" and "Vincenglish 101b"

Haha, I love these terms. Love it!

hchien

« Reply #102 on: August 30, 2013, 07:53:18 pm »

Offline Xermon54

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: August 31, 2013, 04:46:37 am »
Wrong:
Vincent read carefully.  She wants to beat Hank's girlfriend not Hank.

Correct:
Vincent, read carefully.  She wants to beat Hank's girlfriend, not Hank.

hchien

« Reply #104 on: August 31, 2013, 07:25:16 am »
Vincent, read carefully.
"A comma shouldn’t separate a subject from its verb."
http://www.grammarly.com/handbook/punctuation/comma/4/comma-with-subjects-and-verbs/

She wants to beat Hank's girlfriend, not Hank.
I believe both are acceptable here.