Author Topic: Welcome to DKF!  (Read 176275 times)

Offline Iceman1540

• Awards
Re: Welcome to DKF!
« Reply #180 on: October 17, 2018, 05:00:05 pm »
Thanks for adding me to the forum, after seeing The King of Kong, I started watching Donkey Kong streams and videos, and really got into the game, I just finished building a Donkey Kong bar top with a 4 way Nintendo reproduction joystick and buttons and it's great.  My first goal is to get 100,000. 

Thanks for providing such a great resource.
Member for 5 Years

Offline NWnike

• Awards
« Reply #181 on: February 05, 2019, 02:44:56 pm »
Thank you for adding me as a member. I admit I am late in life, late to the game, and late to the forum. So, I will be fifty this summer and I still remember the first time I ever saw a Donkey Kong machine. It was in the entrance foyer of a little seafood restaurant that my parents liked. I remember how much I loved it and just how much I stunk at it. We only ate there rarely so I had few chances to play it. I did not see another DK for quite a while after that. I never got the hang of it in the 80's... I would say I would max out at the second elevators, so I played other games I was better at.

I have always loved DK. Now, there is a new 80's style arcade in my hometown, Greensboro, NC. They have all the old Nintendo cabinets, lined up side by side... they even have Popeye. Anyway, this has brought me back to playing DK again, and I am already much better than I was previously. I max out around L6 or L7 now 175,700. I've only been at it a little while so I'm pleased with my progress.

I just wanted to thank you guys. You have done an incredible amount of work, posted some amazing graphs and explanations, so those of us who need help can advance. I did not want to just be a "leech", so from your humble, newest member... THANK YOU!
Member for 5 Years Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline barrelsAndRivets

• Awards
« Reply #182 on: February 05, 2019, 03:50:24 pm »
Glad to be a part of this forum!

I've been a huge fan of the game for many years, mostly playing via MAME. Fortunately, my new employer has not one, but TWO of the icade 60-in-1 jamma's (one coffee table and one upright), and that's where my coffee breaks have been going. As I improve I'm starting to risk reprimand, but it's totally worth it.

Now to find someone in the Bay Area to sell me a cab, preferably a DDK... any tips, please PM me :)
Member for 5 Years

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: February 06, 2019, 06:45:50 am »
Welcome all!   <Allen>
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: February 06, 2019, 02:54:26 pm »

Welcome aboard, new oddballs  :D
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Online Weehawk

• Elite Member
  • Why not play some Space Panic today?
    • Golden Era Replay Page
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: February 06, 2019, 03:46:11 pm »
Member for 10 Years

Offline tarkus1977

• Awards
« Reply #186 on: March 13, 2019, 07:34:02 pm »
Hello all, thanks for accepting me to the forum and putting my twitch account on your list. Like many of you the King of Kong initially got me interested in DK. I mostly play MAME but I do venture out to an arcade once in a while. I played a bit several years ago but just got serious 6 weeks ago. I use an X-arcade tank stick for controls and play on an arcade style cabinet (Rec Room Masters) with a PC inside running Hyperspin. I just set a new personal best of 530,900 and made it to L14. (video is on twitch) DK forum has been enormously helpful to me. In particular the Spring Theory post was amazing. Thanks to everyone who's contributed content here. It sure makes it easier to progress when information is shared the way it is here.

thanks,
Dave
Member for 5 Years Twitch Streamer

Offline ReProgrammer

• Awards
« Reply #187 on: April 05, 2019, 10:54:38 am »
Hi,
Thanks for letting me in, I was not aware there was such a community filled with DK lovers  ;)
Member for 4 Years

Offline Zargon

• Awards
« Reply #188 on: April 06, 2019, 05:16:53 pm »
Hey there! I've been looking at this forum every now and then since the Arcade Archives Switch release, but I've been playing for longer. 'Nother King of Kong person here, but I'm a pretty big Nintendo and retro gaming person in general. My first time was actually playing on that wonky DK 64 version (probably not alone there)!  ;D

My current goal, when I have time to grind the game, is consistently getting past the third spring board. I can get past it when I'm practicing that section specifically, but getting past it after a successful run up for like 10 minutes is usually a different story. Should probably tell you about where I'm at in terms of skill, though I have learned a couple of the easier point pressing tricks.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 07:58:27 pm by Zargon »
Member for 4 Years

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: April 06, 2019, 05:25:05 pm »
Welcome!  Have fun and if you have any questions about light cycle patterns, just ask  <Mruczek>
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener

Offline Ronnie S.

• Awards
« Reply #190 on: October 25, 2019, 11:59:12 am »
Thank you for letting me in also!  I'll be picking up my original fully restored DK (TKG-4) machine tomorrow!  Can't wait to start playing it in the comforts of my own home.  And maybe start competing with others in the high score area.
 Woohoo!  I remember being a little kid when DK first arrived in the arcades and you could always here it above the other machines.  Such a distinct classic sound.  Stoked to be part of this community!

Ronnie
Member for 4 Years

Offline Kevin

• Awards
« Reply #191 on: December 31, 2019, 01:39:22 pm »
Hey

Glad I found you guys. Been working on my game and have now reached lvl 6 a couple times. Thanks to everyone for the info on the boards. Just figured out recording on WolfMAME hoping a good game is in the near future to submit.
Member for 4 Years

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #192 on: December 31, 2019, 04:12:34 pm »
Hey

Glad I found you guys. Been working on my game and have now reached lvl 6 a couple times. Thanks to everyone for the info on the boards. Just figured out recording on WolfMAME hoping a good game is in the near future to submit.

Welcome to DKF and good luck on your games!
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline SCOTT

• gaming since nes
    • \
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: October 02, 2020, 08:13:44 pm »
Been playing Nintendo from the Nes, Snes upward now recently got a Switch.

Played the donkey kong nes and recently got into playing the arcade game from arcade archive putting it on switch, enjoy watching others play and just looking to practice and improve at the game.
(Maybe I will try mame once I get better)

I also really enjoy playing Mario bros arcade and the nes, I already speed run super Mario bros and the remake for fun and getting into that.

Soo yep, thank you for letting me join your community already spoken to afew of the regulars on twitch, peace all
scotttwitc_h
Member for 3 Years

Offline Brian

• Awards
« Reply #194 on: November 27, 2021, 08:20:20 pm »
Is there a WolfMAME for chromebook?  I didn't see one.

- Brian
Member for 7 Years