Author Topic: Welcome to DKF!  (Read 177986 times)

Offline Scoundrl

• Elite Member
    • Awards
Re: Welcome to DKF!
« Reply #135 on: August 16, 2016, 11:01:31 am »
You dont have sync. Adjust the vhold pot on the monitor and the two h a v position pots on the pcb. If that dont work try very carefully to adjust the hhold pot but its hard to get to and you could shock the shit outa yourself if you are not very very careful in there...

Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member Blogger Twitch Streamer

Bigcat76

« Reply #136 on: August 16, 2016, 01:19:01 pm »
Thanks dude, I'll check it out when I get home, that's the one I haven't located, close to the monitor.. And that's what scares me.. Electricity .

Offline aarontruitt

• Elite Member
    • AaronTruitt's Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #137 on: August 17, 2016, 01:17:35 am »
One of my DK's used to do that sometimes when I reset it. I would smack it on the side really hard and it would clear up. It was the white sync cable that goes from the PCB to the monitor board. Just needed to be reseated. Vertical Hold is easy to adjust as Ken recommended as well. Sometimes they are very sensitive and you may just have to turn it a tiny bit.
Arcade DK PB: 1,007,600 (KS)
Member for 8 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Bigcat76

« Reply #138 on: August 17, 2016, 09:38:09 am »
Thanks for the help guys. I really appreciate it.

Offline BillyGaines

• L=22
    • Awards
« Reply #139 on: August 17, 2016, 11:14:32 am »
OMG ... that's the real deal.  It has the TKG2 sticker on the PCB.  Very nice.  A red Donkey Kong is my dream  machine.  You are a very lucky man.  I've found that Ken House is usually right on the money when it comes to troubleshooting these crazy games.  More pics! 
"If at first you don't succeed then maybe you just suck." - Kenny Powers
Member for 10 Years DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Bigcat76

« Reply #140 on: August 18, 2016, 05:47:22 am »
I'll show whatever part of the arcade anyone like, I'm new to the arcade world...Pac Man was the first I played as a kid, there magical machines for sure.

Bigcat76

« Reply #141 on: August 18, 2016, 05:48:44 am »
More

Bigcat76

« Reply #142 on: August 18, 2016, 05:50:08 am »
Still more

Bigcat76

« Reply #143 on: August 18, 2016, 05:57:57 am »
It's even got the sticker of its first home, pretty cool! Crossroads Mall Roanoke,va... Malls used to be epic back in the day too.Fountains in the front, Fountains inside! Talking bears! Sweet magnificent train rides.. Not just a circle like today...

Offline f_symbols

• Spring Jumper
  • wht u mean
    • Awards
« Reply #144 on: August 18, 2016, 08:22:19 am »
Dat 5-slit speaker doe  Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm Kreygasm
Kreygasm
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Winner of a community event Former DK Remix World Record Holder DK Remix Killscreener IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK 1M Point Scorer IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member Blogger DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline YesAffinity

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #145 on: August 18, 2016, 11:12:22 am »
Very nice red, cab!  Yours is better than the one I just picked up a couple weeks ago.  You have what appears to be the original CPO, bezel and marquee (no C Nintendo of America 1981 on yours).  Mine has original marquee, but bezel and CPO are replaced.

The only thing that stand out as odd is the red ball top on the joystick.  Weren't all original ball tops black?

If you look at the back of your bezel, is it a white outline, with tinted film creating the tint?

What version game board is running in your red cab?  Please send pics of that, if you would, and also of the serial/part number metal nameplate.

Maybe this would be better to take to a separate thread, since it's a bit outside of the scope of "welcome to DK Forums".  ;)  I would love to jump in on a thread, with comparisons of red cabs among the members of DKF.

:edit: Just zoomed in on your picture of the back of the cab.  You've got an original TKG2 converted Radar Scope board set.  <gasp>  Does the title screen say C Nintendo 1981 or C Nintendo of America 1981 ('C' being the copyright symbol)?  Oh yea, you don't know cuz the monitor ain't working.  In addition to V and H hold, there are three brightness controls, one at the flyback, one on the chassis, and one on the remote board.  You may need to mess with those to get a good image, too.

:edit edit:  I see you posted in my red cab thread also, bigcat.  I'm going to take this conversation to that thread.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 12:00:16 pm by YesAffinity »
Matthew 21:22

DK Arcade PB (verified): 970,200 KS
DK Start PB (verified): 126,600
DK L1-1 PB (verified): 11,400
DK PB 1st Man: 622,000

Donkey Kong Direct Feed How-To - http://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=1413.0
^Now outdated, see instead: http://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=2471.0
Member for 9 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Bigcat76

« Reply #146 on: August 24, 2016, 10:06:50 am »
How much do you guys think a red cab is valued.. Working and non? Thanks

repoman

« Reply #147 on: September 15, 2017, 09:58:39 am »
Hi DKF!

Signed up to check in and see what the community is like and to grab some tips.  First saw DK in a chip shop in London about 30 years ago, played it once and hated it.  Watched the movie, became very interested in Pac-Man and the perfect game.  Recently gave DK another go and now I'm loving it.  So addictive.

I'm playing it in a frankly unacceptable way if you're a purist.  The MAME version on a PSP Go.  Great little handheld though and tons of battery life and I've pushed my score up to a pitiful 59,990.  No point pressing in store for me for a while.  Aiming for a respectable 100k and then to keep going from there.

Will be searching the forum archives to see if anyone ever recommended a decent USB arcade stick.  Will be at Play Expo Manchester in October searching for an arcade cab to play DK on for a few goes though.  Have always been a huge fan of DK2 (Nintendo Game and Watch).
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 03:41:34 am by repoman »

Offline QAOP Spaceman

• Elite Member
  • ®
    • Awards
« Reply #148 on: September 15, 2017, 05:37:55 pm »
Welcome on board repoman!

...someone who knows what a chip shop is, to boot!
Member for 10 Years Blogger CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer

Offline krehztim

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #149 on: September 16, 2017, 01:58:31 pm »
Welcome, repoman!  I am on a budget, so I've always gotten GREAT play out of my Qanba sticks.  the Q1 worked great, and I did a slight upgrade to the Qanba Q4.  I've seen the Q1 for less than $60US.  The Q4 has Sanwa stick and buttons and gives better performance.  A little over $150US.  Been a fantastic stick for every kind of game, including Atari 2600 Dragster.  Good luck and good gaming!  This is a great community for asking questions and getting answers.  Be sure to watch the DK streamers - it's by far the best way to learn.  But watch out for that QAOP guy.  He's a little sketchy.

Hi DKF!

Will be searching the forum archives to see if anyone ever recommended a decent USB arcade stick. 
Donkey Kong (US Set 1) - 542,800
Donkey Kong Start - 111,100
Crazy Kong Pt II - 590,800 (KS)
Member for 8 Years Blogger CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member Twitch Streamer