Author Topic: Welcome to DKF!  (Read 176277 times)

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: Welcome to DKF!
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2013, 12:26:05 am »
Yay finaly a place where people care what i say about DK and the crazy hours ive put in playing.  Just want to say hi everybody and ive started playing about a month ago my best score is 398,600 that was at funspot yesterday i had a kid from mass. walk by and asked me if i was Steve Wiebe lol my average score is around the low 300,000 is that respectable?

Welcome to the forum, Roger!

Let's see, you started playing about a month ago.  Your personal best is just under 400k, and your average score is more than 300k.  Yes, I'd say that's quite respectable!

and is anyone here going to Funspots classic arcade tournament the begining of june? besides Hank  ;)

I've only been to Funspot once, in June of 2010.  If I ever make it back there for some DK, please take it easy on me.   :)

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2013, 12:43:05 am »
A dedicated DK forum,Awesome!!!  I just registered today after discovering the forum last week.

Welcome!

So over the years I haven't played it much but about 5 months ago I decided to build my own cabinet and 3 months after that I finished building the cabinet. It is ran on mame but now I have the arcade/joystick cabinet experience so I am very happy.

It must be a nice feeling to take on such a project, and follow it through to completion.  Unfortunately, when it comes to woodworking, painting, electronics, and what to do with power tools, my knowledge and experience are limited (as in nonexistent).

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

muffinchips

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2013, 06:10:02 am »
Thanks for starting this forum. Can believe I just randomly found it while browsing

NesSumSimpson

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2013, 08:08:45 am »
It must be a nice feeling to take on such a project, and follow it through to completion.  Unfortunately, when it comes to woodworking, painting, electronics, and what to do with power tools, my knowledge and experience are limited (as in nonexistent).

Thanks. I really enjoyed the project. I am not a finish carpenter by any stretch of the imagination. I don't even have a table saw, I did with a skill saw. I was able to find the plans online and learn from others online and because of that it turned out pretty nice. So basically I'm saying that if I can do it anyone can,lol.

NesSumSimpson

« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2013, 08:12:18 am »
Yay finaly a place where people care what i say about DK and the crazy hours ive put in playing.  Just want to say hi everybody and ive started playing about a month ago my best score is 398,600 that was at funspot yesterday i had a kid from mass. walk by and asked me if i was Steve Wiebe lol my average score is around the low 300,000 is that respectable?
Yes!!! Finally a place where people care about DK. No one I know understands my love of the game.

Wow thats a great score for a month. How much time are you able  to put in a day. My score will slowly grow just because I am not able to put in the time I would like to.

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2013, 03:06:56 pm »
Welcome MuffinChips! How did you find this site, if I might ask?
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

RogerChampagne

« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2013, 06:24:14 pm »
Yes!!! Finally a place where people care about DK. No one I know understands my love of the game.

Wow thats a great score for a month. How much time are you able  to put in a day. My score will slowly grow just because I am not able to put in the time I would like to.
Well im laid off from work for the winter will be going back in like two weeks or so but for the last month i probably play 6 hours at least a day and go to funspot probably two times a week trying to get ready for the classic arcade tournement.  it basically just takes time and practice to master this game theres no quick way of learning something new always seems to pop up.  he who is faithless gives up when the road darkens a fortune cookie i got two weeks ago.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 07:57:04 am by JCHarrist »

Offline Phame

• Live Stream
    • Awards
Hey Guys!
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2013, 03:07:16 am »
Hey Guys I'm Finally On The Forum!
Phame | Ky Staal
Member for 11 Years

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 09, 2013, 03:29:47 am »
Welcome, Ky! Time to beat your dad's highscore!
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

NesSumSimpson

« Reply #39 on: April 09, 2013, 07:30:46 am »

Well im laid off from work for the winter will be going back in like two weeks or so but for the last month i probably play 6 hours at least a day and go to funspot probably two times a week trying to get ready for the classic arcade tournement.  it basically just takes time and practice to master this game theres no quick way of learning something new always seems to pop up.  he who is faithless gives up when the road darkens a fortune cookie i got two weeks ago.

Ah I see, Im able to put in about and hour to two a day. So someday I'll compete although maybe in Denver since I live on the other side of the country from funspot.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 07:59:36 am by JCHarrist »

muffinchips

« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2013, 10:58:59 am »
Welcome MuffinChips! How did you find this site, if I might ask?

Thanks for the welcome. I was looking into building a Donkey Kong replica cabinet and landed on this site, if I had to guess it was through a google search.

Steverd

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2013, 05:21:26 pm »
Why am I just finding out about this forum?
Found the link over on KLOV.

I might just add the link to my Arcade blog also!
Cool!

Steverd

hchien

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2013, 05:28:17 pm »
Welcome to the forums!  Can you give us the link to your arcade blog as well?  Some of us might be interested in checking it out.

RogerChampagne

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2013, 06:33:03 pm »
i need to know is that really you hank and if so will you be at funspot id love to see you there so i can watch you play live. the bar tender said you always show up for the tournement..  well im roger nd i will be there to try to get my first kil screen i got a month and a half to practice.. hope to see you there  :D

Offline TheSunshineFund

• Spring Jumper
  • Don't follow me on Twitch/Scared of being followed
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2013, 06:39:06 pm »
Hank is a bot.  An increasingly convincing bot.
In the summer that you came
There was something eating everyone
And the sunshine fund was low
We couldn't greet you with a simple hello
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank D Twitch Streamer CK Killscreener Blogger DK Killscreener DKJR Killscreener