Author Topic: Welcome to DKF!  (Read 177183 times)

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
Re: Welcome to DKF!
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2013, 06:50:48 pm »
Welcome, Steve!

Hank, the link to his blog is just under his picture to the left of his post.
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

hchien

« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2013, 07:16:33 pm »
Hi Roger, I started a separate Funspot thread so as to not derail, but yes I'm going.

Can a bot do that?

/end automated response

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2013, 05:21:53 am »
I'm not sure if this is an "introduce yourself" thread, but I figured I might as well throw a hello out to everyone. I started playing DK (MAME) seriously at the beginning of March, mostly at the behest of f_symbols.  :)

I don't have a current time-specific goal, but I'm definitely pursuing the killscreen. Eventually I'd like to attend a KO. Most of my gaming hours are spent on Pac-Man Championship Edition DX, a sort of "retro revival" of the original Pac-Man. Recent killscreener f_symbols is the world's leading player at this game.

I enjoy watching many of the Twitch streams by this forum's members and I might starting streaming DK if I can starting getting 300K or 400K consistently. If anyone hears of a DK cab for sale in Hawaii, let me know! :)
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline syscrusher

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2013, 01:47:54 pm »
Welcome to the forums! :)
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank C Winner of a community event Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener Former D2K World Record Holder Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener

Offline ebinsugewa

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2013, 10:36:23 pm »
Hi all, my name is Brendan. My first arcade machine was a DK, but I didn't particularly have a taste for it at the time, and I got rid of it. I now kinda wish I hadn't. Now I'd like to atone by getting better at the game. I stream other games on Twitch, mostly Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, but DK will be in the mix soon.
we're in the yellow pages under 'spatulas'
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2013, 12:26:24 am »
Hi all, my name is Brendan. My first arcade machine was a DK, but I didn't particularly have a taste for it at the time, and I got rid of it. I now kinda wish I hadn't. Now I'd like to atone by getting better at the game. I stream other games on Twitch, mostly Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo, but DK will be in the mix soon.

Welcome, Brendan!

You might want to post a reply in the "List of DK Streamers" thread.

https://donkeykongforum.net/index.php?topic=3.0

If you include the URL for your Twitch TV channel, Jeff can add it to the master list.

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline ebinsugewa

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2013, 09:23:57 pm »
Will do, thanks for the heads up!
we're in the yellow pages under 'spatulas'
Member for 11 Years Twitch Streamer Blogger IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member

benmullen

« Reply #52 on: May 03, 2013, 08:39:10 am »
I deceided to join, not so much as a player, but as a fan :)

One day, i will pass the third level!

Offline stella_blue

• High Score Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: May 03, 2013, 10:01:13 am »
I deceided to join, not so much as a player, but as a fan :)

One day, i will pass the third level!

Welcome, Ben!  You've come to the right place.

A substantial number of DK heavyweights are members of this forum.  Unfortunately, I'm not one of them.   :(

If the game is giving you a hard time, you'll find that there's plenty of guidance and support here.  All you have to do is ask.  Of course, once you overcome the Level 3 obstacle, you'll have to face the L4 elevators, the L5+ conveyors and rivets, and other frustrating random elements.

Over time, I predict that you'll become more of a player and less of a fan.   ;)

DK High Score 
  (L22-1)
DK Level 1-1 
DK No Hammer 
  (L15-2)
Member for 11 Years Most Time Online DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

hchien

« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2013, 10:15:51 am »
For those of you who don't know Ben, he is a Tetris god!  Watch Ectasy of Order on Hulu if you're not familiar with the NES Tetris scene.  Those guys have been around, supporting each other and holding 'Tetris Off's longer than most of us have been playing DK.

Offline mikegmi2

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2013, 11:05:33 am »
Yea it's a good documentary, I enjoyed it...welcome Ben!

I think I still have my white NWC hat with the gold sticker on it at home somewhere...
Donkey Kong - 1,076,000 (arcade, KS)
Member for 11 Years DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2013, 01:32:42 pm »
Ben and I live in the same general city/area. We hang out every now and then. I'll be sure to get him past that level 3!

Ben. Training. Monday. 5 am. My house.

Be there, or I will hunt you.

;)  ;D  :P
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Xevious

« Reply #57 on: May 03, 2013, 04:46:31 pm »
Hello all.  Who doesn't love the Kong...

Offline syscrusher

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: May 03, 2013, 04:57:53 pm »
Welcome, Ben and Jason! :)
Member for 11 Years DK Masters - Rank C Winner of a community event Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Blogger DK 1M Point Scorer DKJR Killscreener CK Killscreener Former D2K World Record Holder Twitch Streamer DK Killscreener

benmullen

« Reply #59 on: May 04, 2013, 08:24:48 am »
I'll be there!, well not really and my family is in town for like a week.  However, 2 things need to happen with far greater regularity and ferocity, one thing really: Starting at RQ you train me in DK and I slowly get better.  moving later to Chatterbox where I train you at Tetris and one or the other of us wins at chess.  Those are good ideas!  In addition I also met a number of Nintendo age folks in Milwaukee who said there should be get togethers Aaaaand, did you know some of the best Mario kart 64 and Bond players in the country live right around here?... Its true,  Minneapolis is basically ground zero in gaming I hung out with them recently... They RUINED me at those two games, and I thought I was a good Mario kartist, nope!

Ben and I live in the same general city/area. We hang out every now and then. I'll be sure to get him past that level 3!

Ben. Training. Monday. 5 am. My house.

Be there, or I will hunt you.

;)  ;D  :P