Author Topic: Barrel points  (Read 2164 times)

Offline ken

• Awards
Barrel points
« on: November 11, 2017, 09:11:35 am »
I was messing around and stumbled on this little 100 point jump off the oil barrel. I think it's actually the fireball behind the barrel since it only seems to work right when it's being lit. 

You guys probably know about this but thought I'd share just in case you hadn't seen it. :) https://www.twitch.tv/videos/200433729
Member for 7 Years

Offline xelnia

• Administrator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Stop using 0.106
    • Twitch
    • Awards
Re: Barrel points
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 04:34:20 pm »
Wow, I don't think I've seen that before. I dig it.
"Do not criticize, question, suggest or opine anything about an upcoming CAG event, no matter how constructive or positive your intent may be. You will find nothing but pain and frustration, trust me. Just go, or don't go, and :-X either way!" -ChrisP, 3/29/15
Member for 11 Years snek CK Killscreener IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Sumez

• Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 02:34:27 am »
Yeah, the fireball behaves like a regular fireball enemy in terms of both hit and jump detection from the moment it spawns, even though it starts out following a set arc. So going for it while the arc is still low is a cool idea. :)

You can never get points from jumping the oil can itself on the barrel stage, even if you could get high enough. That particular screen has its own routine that only checks for barrels and fireballs, unlike the other screens that just check for anything that can harm you.
Member for 6 Years

Offline ken

• Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 11:24:43 am »
I was wondering if there was any way to get legit points off the oil can. Thanks for explaining the code behind it and saving me a lot of needless deaths by can. ;)
Member for 7 Years