Other Lists > Steve's List Forum

Top 3 Most Difficult Classic Arcade Games of All-Time

(1/2) > >>

TheSunshineFund:
1. Red Alert
2. Moon Shuttle
3. Cosmic Avenger

lakeman421:
I've never played Red Alert, but I have played the other two.  I played more Avenger than the other ones which is a very difficult game.  Even though you can make the ship go faster, the UFOs keep up with you scrolling the screen which makes it extremely difficult to avoid.  I think my best is 38k on MAME.

marinomitch13:
Steve, how high do you think Joust 2 would rank on your list? Is it even close to top 3 for you? I'm sure that I haven't played as many CAG games as you, so I'm guessing you'd have a better idea of what is hard relative to other games, but Joust 2 seems to be super hard for me!

TheSunshineFund:

--- Quote from: marinomitch13 on June 05, 2013, 11:06:33 pm ---Steve, how high do you think Joust 2 would rank on your list? Is it even close to top 3 for you? I'm sure that I haven't played as many CAG games as you, so I'm guessing you'd have a better idea of what is hard relative to other games, but Joust 2 seems to be super hard for me!

--- End quote ---

I have never really played it before.  It was in the FS tourney for a few hours this year before being pulled though so I would have had a better answer had it stayed I suppose.

marinomitch13:
Let's put it this way:

I'm good enough at normal Joust that I can get through the 10 different waves with maybe an average of about 5 deaths. Remember, I'm basically at the point that I could roll Joust any day now, once I find the time to do so.

I don't remember exactly, but Joust 2 has something like 25 or 30 different waves (in terms of types of enemies and platform setup -though I think there are technically 100 distinct waves due to different backgrounds), and it took me an average of like 15 lives per wave (I used continues), the first time I attempted the game (and this was after already acquiring my skills at normal Joust).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version