Author Topic: Will Dean Saglio be the last person to have a higher MAME score than Arcade?  (Read 2335 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
In regards to Donkey Kong I have reason to believe that Dean Saglio will be the last person to have a higher MAME score than Arcade.  The main reason being is that I believe Dean was an exception to the rule.  Anyone who spends that much time on Donkey Kong will usually get a Donkey Kong machine.  As evidenced by John McCurdy apparently getting a Donkey Kong machine.
Basically if you spend 1,000 hours on Donkey Kong, spending $1,000 isn't that big of a deal since that represents $1 per hour spend.  Maybe if Donkey Kong machines go to something like $2500 things will be different, but until then people will continue buy machines when they become good enough.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank D DK Killscreener IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Submit a score for every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline Barra

• Global Moderator
  • Spring Jumper
  • Pie Kicker
    • Awards
*Thomas Bauer
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Masters - Rank A DK 1.1M Point Scorer 1M on DK, DKJR, and DK3 Difficulty 3 Submit a score for every DK3 track DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener Winner of a community event IGBY 2016 DKF Team Member DKJR Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer CK Killscreener DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline dnickolas

• Awards
Cabs won't last forever, so in a hundred years it'll only be possible to play it on MAME. If people still play DK then, they'll be better than all of us are.
Member for 8 Years DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline Bounty Bob

• Awards
Well, last night I got a new PB on MAME of 446,800. Don't think I've ever played on a genuine arcade cab since the 80s and I was shit at it then. I got 353,500 at a nearby arcade but that was a 60:1, so I guess still MAME?

Also, where can I buy a DK cabinet for $1000 and any idea how much they are to ship to the UK?

Or does anyone know of any for sale in the UK?
Member for 8 Years DK Killscreener