Author Topic: Am I the best all around player of the 3 Donkey Kongs?  (Read 43767 times)

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
Re: Am I the best all around player of the 3 Donkey Kongs?
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2013, 03:17:55 pm »
Wow, this thread just became surreal in a hurry.  BTW sorry about the circumstances surrounding your uncle.  I had no idea he was murdered.
"Perception forged in delusion and refined by pain"

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Offline VON

• Elite Member
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2013, 03:22:47 pm »
nope he is allways doing this Rainbows Crap

Am I the best all around doer of Rainbow Crap?

Offline Svavar

• Awards
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2013, 03:30:18 pm »

hahahah... this thread is getting pretty good
Member for 11 Years CK Killscreener DK 1M Point Scorer DK Killscreener Twitch Streamer

Simpsons99

« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2013, 03:36:47 pm »
Thats for sure

Offline marinomitch13

• Spring Jumper
    • How to Play DK
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2013, 04:00:50 pm »
Brian, you know I am sorry to hear about your uncle, as I was one of the first to be concerned for you on FB (which I genuinely was, and am). However, you were already considering returning in order to appease your DK 'students' as you put it -even before circumstances took a turn for the worst. Just seems like you 1) quit streaming for a petty reason in the first place, 2) publicly sobbed about it incessantly, then, lastly 3) decided to have your cake and eat it too by coming back (which it seemed like you would have anyway, even without doing a memorial stream for your uncle) after only like 5 days, once everyone and their mother knew how much you wanted viewers.

If I had to make a list (which is tough, since I know my knowledge is inaccurate on some people's scores and abilities) it would be more or less close to this:

DK GOD #0: Allen Staal (You love eet?!)
1. Mark Kiehl
2. Dean Saglio
3. George Riley
4. Ben Falls
5. Steve Wagner
6. Billy Mitchell
7. Steve Wiebe
8. Hank Chien
9. Ike Hall
10. Donald Hayes
11. George Leutz  ;D
12. Brian Allen
13. Dwayne Richards
"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds its rest in Thee." -Augustine, Confessions.
Member for 11 Years IGBY 2015 DKF Team Member DK Killscreener Blogger Twitch Streamer

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2013, 04:19:38 pm »
Brian, you know I am sorry to hear about your uncle, as I was one of the first to be concerned for you on FB (which I genuinely was, and am). However, you were already considering returning in order to appease your DK 'students' as you put it -even before circumstances took a turn for the worst. Just seems like you 1) quit streaming for a petty reason in the first place, 2) publicly sobbed about it incessantly, then, lastly 3) decided to have your cake and eat it too by coming back (which it seemed like you would have anyway, even without doing a memorial stream for your uncle) after only like 5 days, once everyone and their mother knew how much you wanted viewers.

If I had to make a list (which is tough, since I know my knowledge is inaccurate on some people's scores and abilities) it would be more or less close to this:

1. Mark Kiehl
2. Dean Saglio
3. George Riley
4. Ben Falls
5. Steve Wagner
6. Billy Mitchell
7. Steve Wiebe
8. Hank Chien
9. Ike Hall
10. Donald Hayes
11. George Leutz  ;D
12. Brian Allen
13. Dwayne Richards
OK, you guys are Kiehling me with this Mark Kiehl being 1st.  Look I have no problems with Steve Wagner, Ben Falls, and Dean Saglio being first.  But am I missing something?  Does Mark Kiehl even play this game?

Heck, I'll even be honest.  Hank Chien, Billy Mitchell, Steve Wiebe, and Mark Kiehl could ALL get a million on Twin Galaxies Marathon settings if they simply focused on the game for a months time or less.  But the fact is they really don't play this game. None of them.  I think it should be a requirement that you somewhat know how to play this game.

-Ross Benzinger

"It's like we are able to play beautiful music out there, but no one can hear the instruments"

-Leon Shepard
Member for 11 Years Former DK3 World Record Holder DK Killscreener DK Masters - Rank D IGBY 2014 DKF Team Member CK Killscreener Have a score on every DK3 track Blogger Twitch Streamer Former DKJR World Record Holder - MAME DKJR Killscreener DK3 Repetitive Blue Screener

Simpsons99

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2013, 04:24:38 pm »
I was teasing this becouse they where wanting me to play them.

Your list is interesting Mitch

you Put Steve Wiebe and Billy M, and Hank ,Dean,
I know the George L  in this list is a complete Joke.
Before me when they have
  no scores for DK3

I tryed for people that had played most games and had get scores in them.

You know if Hank played DK3 a great score would happen.

1. Mark Kiehl
2. Dean Saglio
3. George Riley
4. Ben Falls
5. Steve Wagner
6. Billy Mitchell
7. Steve Wiebe
8. Hank Chien
9. Ike Hall
10. Donald Hayes
11. George Leutz  ;D
12. Brian Allen
13. Dwayne Richards

Simpsons99

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2013, 04:28:28 pm »
George   Marky is amazing at 2 of the 3 games

He has held the DKJR WR for years when he has  great gamers coming after his record .. That should stand alone.

plus he is a credit to the Hobby ..

1. Mark Kiehl
2. Dean Saglio
3. George Riley
4. Ben Falls
5. Steve Wagner
6. Billy Mitchell
7. Steve Wiebe
8. Hank Chien
9. Ike Hall
10. Donald Hayes
11. George Leutz  ;D
12. Brian Allen
13. Dwayne Richards
OK, you guys are Kiehling me with this Mark Kiehl being 1st.  Look I have no problems with Steve Wagner, Ben Falls, and Dean Saglio being first.  But am I missing something?  Does Mark Kiehl even play this game?

Heck, I'll even be honest.  Hank Chien, Billy Mitchell, Steve Wiebe, and Mark Kiehl could ALL get a million on Twin Galaxies Marathon settings if they simply focused on the game for a months time or less.  But the fact is they really don't play this game. None of them.  I think it should be a requirement that you somewhat know how to play this game.

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2013, 04:31:36 pm »

Before me when they have
  no scores for DK3

Wait, you put Mark Kiehl in 1st place, and he does not have any Donkey Kong 3 scores that I know of.  Am I missing something?

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

hchien

« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2013, 04:48:29 pm »
This thread reminds me of when we were trying to rank DK players for the original Kong Off. 

Simpsons99

« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2013, 05:03:05 pm »
Right  look at his scores for DK and DKJR?

Before me when they have
  no scores for DK3

Wait, you put Mark Kiehl in 1st place, and he does not have any Donkey Kong 3 scores that I know of.  Am I missing something?

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2013, 05:15:22 pm »

He has held the DKJR WR for years when he has  great gamers coming after his record .. That should stand alone.

OK, what I am about to say is probably unbecoming because it is boasting.  But I am only boasting because Brian is using qualifications I actually meet.

Well Brian if you haven't checked some actually might call me as well "amazing at 2 of the 3 games".   I have held the Donkey Kong 3 WR for years.  I may not have had great gamers coming after my World Record, but I literally transformed what was thought of as possible for this game.  Before I came along no one had ever heard of the repetitive blue screen.  Before I came along no had ever looped the boards for this game, or even knew it was possible to loop the boards.

And by the way I did have a higher score than Mark Kiehl for a month on MAME than he did Arcade for Donkey Kong Junior.

And if that is not enough I actually have played Donkey Kong extensively, and gotten at least a decent score.

So by your standards how am I different?

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Simpsons99

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2013, 05:24:05 pm »
George you know how i feel about you and our friendship.. This is nothing personal  in anyway.

Yes i know you had a higher score then Mark on DKJR  for alittle bit of time.

But he went and upped his DKJR  Score..   He could have easyly played in Mame and tolk your score from you.

About your DK3 Score I've said more then anyone how amazing it is.

You have upped your high score like 3 or times.

You have pretty much killed any interest in that game if there was any.

Heck i was trying there for awhile ....   Now i've turned on my DK3 Machine like 4 times in like an year and half?

Marky is a true pro at these games.  He has helped me and many others get better...

I stand by  my first place vote.

OK, what I am about to say is probably unbecoming because it is boasting.  But I am only boasting because Brian is using qualifications I actually meet.

Well Brian if you haven't checked some actually might call me as well "amazing at 2 of the 3 games".   I have held the Donkey Kong 3 WR for years.  I may not have had great gamers coming after my World Record, but I literally transformed what was thought of as possible for this game.  Before I came along no one had ever heard of the repetitive blue screen.  Before I came along no had ever looped the boards for this game, or even knew it was possible to loop the boards.

And by the way I did have a higher score than Mark Kiehl for a month on MAME than he did Arcade for Donkey Kong Junior.

And if that is not enough I actually have played Donkey Kong extensively, and gotten at least a decent score.

So by your standards how am I different?

Offline homerwannabee

• Spring Jumper
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2013, 05:39:01 pm »
Yeah, and I have actually made a video with Donkey Kong Junior tips.  I have also helped, and encouraged people playing Donkey Kong 3.  Also last time I checked I am ahead of Steve Wiebe, and Billy Mitchell in Donkey Kong Junior while Mark Kiehl is still behind them score wise on Donkey Kong.

What you are doing is applying a double standard with your qualifications.  I actually meet everyone of your qualifications, and then some plus I have an OK score for Donkey Kong.  Something Kiehl does not for Donkey Kong 3 (As far as I know).

Yeah, there are better ways to argue why Mark Kiehl is better than me at all 3 Kongs, but the standards you are using I actually meet, and top them as well.  The argument you are using is extremely weak.  It's weird  I meet every single one of your standards, and yet you put Mark Kiehl as number one, and you don't even put me in the top 5.  What is up with that?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 05:40:49 pm by homerwannabee »

-Ross Benzinger

-Leon Shepard

Simpsons99

« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2013, 05:46:01 pm »
I'm not the only 1 that put him first
Yeah, and I have actually made a video with Donkey Kong Junior tips.  I have also helped, and encouraged people playing Donkey Kong 3.  Also last time I checked I am ahead of Steve Wiebe, and Billy Mitchell in Donkey Kong Junior while Mark Kiehl is still behind them score wise on Donkey Kong.

What you are doing is applying a double standard with your qualifications.  I actually meet everyone of your qualifications, and then some plus I have an OK score for Donkey Kong.  Something Kiehl does not for Donkey Kong 3 (As far as I know).

Yeah, there are better ways to argue why Mark Kiehl is better than me at all 3 Kongs, but the standards you are using I actually meet, and top them as well.  The argument you are using is extremely weak.  It's weird  I meet every single one of your standards, and yet you put Mark Kiehl as number one, and you don't even put me in the top 5.  What is up with that?